PDA

View Full Version : Do you have the same weed spraying disorder as me?

humble1
10-07-2010, 09:01 PM
When I am doing an application on my z spray my foot will tap the toe swich to spray weeds. The problem is that it will hit the switch if there is something other than grass, please keep in mind I am going at a good clip. I also do this sometimes with a back sprayer my hand hits the trigger.

Anyone else have the problem, I cant stop, should we start a support group???????LOL

ted putnam
10-07-2010, 11:38 PM
When I am doing an application on my z spray my foot will tap the toe swich to spray weeds. The problem is that it will hit the switch if there is something other than grass, please keep in mind I am going at a good clip. I also do this sometimes with a back sprayer my hand hits the trigger.

Anyone else have the problem, I cant stop, should we start a support group???????LOL

After a couple of mishaps by my helpers(I was forced to turn into Mr. A-Hole). We now turn all valves to boom off after each use. The only valve we leave on is the one to the hose reel. This has eliminated unexpected and unwanted tragedies and quite honestly, we don't use the foot switch. We risk our lives:laugh:, drive one handed and use the toggle on the control panel for all spraying. Accidental application has been all but eliminated.

phasthound
10-08-2010, 07:32 AM

Stop listening to your ipod while operating equipment. :)

grassman177
10-08-2010, 07:57 AM
i have done the same thing, and tun off the handles of the boom so i cant spray accidentally as well. we all have the same issues as you, esspecially me with a size 12 shoe

cgaengineer
10-08-2010, 08:01 AM
You should try a different ipod...in order to fix the problem you need to start at the bottom and work your way up to figuring where the problem originates. :)

I would start with ipod, then what type of music, then what color clothes you are wearing...I know it seems simple as your foot hitting the switch...but there is WAY more to it than that. :)

I personally use an ipod when mowing, but I don't use one when spraying...and when mowing I usually leave one earplug out so that I can hear any problems with engine, deck/blades. Try listening with one earplug out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
10-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Humble

I am guilty of spraying non-target weeds when spot spraying. What I mean is if I am Tanked for Broad Leaves and not Sedge I will occasionally spray the sedge out of some automatic reaction. But then I dream of pretty girls while spraying just like everyone else does.

humble1
10-08-2010, 08:48 PM

Maybe I should have put this another way. I hit the switch automatically if there is something that is not grass, so if there is nutsedge, or a leaf on the lawn, I hit the switch quite automatically because there is something other than grass in my field of vision.

cgaengineer
10-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Humble

I am guilty of spraying non-target weeds when spot spraying. What I mean is if I am Tanked for Broad Leaves and not Sedge I will occasionally spray the sedge out of some automatic reaction. But then I dream of pretty girls while spraying just like everyone else does.

I do the same thing...find myself spraying CG and sedge...it all looks the same after seeing thousands of weeds.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
10-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I do the same thing...find myself spraying CG and sedge...it all looks the same after seeing thousands of weeds.
Posted via Mobile Device

CGA

So you dream of Girls with Big Hooters Also, while spraying??

humble1
10-09-2010, 07:24 PM
CGA

mmmmm hooters:clapping:

humble1
10-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Stop listening to your ipod while operating equipment. :)

No ipod, maybe I just demand a higher degree of quality than you....which is why I picked up over 150 accounts this year, and only lost 2 from lat year...Oh and by the was I am the highest priced company around from what I can see..

Ric
10-13-2010, 09:36 AM
No ipod, maybe I just demand a higher degree of quality than you....which is why I picked up over 150 accounts this year, and only lost 2 from lat year...Oh and by the was I am the highest priced company around from what I can see..

Humble

I am not trying to Knock Slow Dog, but all organic programs just don't stand up to the modern technology of Synthetics. I am sure Slow Dog's prices have to be higher as high as yours just because his costs are higher if organics are done right. I am also sure Slow Dog does things right to the best of his ability.

BUT ORGANIC/SYNTHETIC Programs are in fact the best of both worlds. IMHO when the Orgasmics realize a compromise is better than fighting, we will have a realistic green world.

cgaengineer
10-13-2010, 09:47 AM
CGA

LOL, not really. Since I am so new to this, when I spray I give it 100% of my attention. I am so careful that I am sure I a limiting myself. I only have a few spray accounts and although I would like more, I am comfortable with the 10 or so that I have until I have a bit more experience. You will be happy to know Ric, that I am looking into some online courses at UGA...don't know what prerequisites for the class I wanna take are, but I am going to find out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
10-13-2010, 10:20 AM
LOL, not really. Since I am so new to this, when I spray I give it 100% of my attention. I am so careful that I am sure I a limiting myself. I only have a few spray accounts and although I would like more, I am comfortable with the 10 or so that I have until I have a bit more experience. You will be happy to know Ric, that I am looking into some online courses at UGA...don't know what prerequisites for the class I wanna take are, but I am going to find out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good For You

Prerequisites are only an issue if you are seeking a Degree. Some of these classes you can take as a audit Student and receive no credit only the Education which is what you really want. Promo a member here is a fine example of a self educated man but with no credentials other than his CPO.

My advise is even if you don't want a degree try and get college credits for the classes you take. I started going to college in my late 50's and didn't want the degree only the education. But somewhere along the line I realized I was getting enough classes to earn a degree.