PDA

View Full Version : quinclorac as a pre-m

lilmarvin4064
10-07-2010, 09:18 PM
does anyone know how much root-pruning quinclorac does, if any? Could this economically be used as a pre-m, in split, high-volume spray applications in spring? After this heat and drought, I've been wondering if root-inhibiting pre-ms are having an unacceptable amount of adverse affects on my turf during undesirable weather. All the pre-emerged lawns around here are totally dead, while the natural ones look decent (but full of crabgrass and weeds). What do you think?

indyturf
10-07-2010, 10:37 PM
does anyone know how much root-pruning quinclorac does, if any? Could this economically be used as a pre-m, in split, high-volume spray applications in spring? After this heat and drought, I've been wondering if root-inhibiting pre-ms are having an unacceptable amount of adverse affects on my turf during undesirable weather. All the pre-emerged lawns around here are totally dead, while the natural ones look decent (but full of crabgrass and weeds). What do you think?

Quinclorac is a post emergent, so no..

VARMIT COMMISSION
10-08-2010, 02:18 PM
According to the label:

Drive provides outstanding residual control for up to 30 to 45 days with a single application.

humble1
10-08-2010, 08:44 PM
If it worked as a pre emergent then you wouldnt be able to seed right afte rputting it down. It will not work as a pre emergent, it would work early as a post emergent but dimension will do this as well..

lilmarvin4064
10-10-2010, 07:55 PM
If it worked as a pre emergent then you wouldnt be able to seed right afte rputting it down. It will not work as a pre emergent, it would work early as a post emergent but dimension will do this as well..

According to the label it can be applied anytime before or after seeding tall fescue, and any time before seeding KBG and PR. But I'm talking about spring. I don't do much seeding in the spring.

If it lasts 30 to 45 days, wouldn't it make more sense using this rather than siduron?

maybe a liquid combination of mesotrione, quinclorac, and oxadiazon would be the ticket for liquid pre-emergence (pending residential labels).

humble1
10-10-2010, 08:43 PM
According to the label it can be applied anytime before or after seeding tall fescue, and any time before seeding KBG and PR. But I'm talking about spring. I don't do much seeding in the spring.

If it lasts 30 to 45 days, wouldn't it make more sense using this rather than siduron?

maybe a liquid combination of mesotrione, quinclorac, and oxadiazon would be the ticket for liquid pre-emergence (pending residential labels).

You asked if it can be used as a pre emergent, my vote is no it cant. It needs to be sprayed onto the leaf and absorbed that way w/ spreader sticker or mso. Because it can be used before or after seeding proves it cant work as a pre emergent. Also maybe the lawns that were fried are because of high N and not much water/heat, drought ?