PDA

View Full Version : Finaly!!! Tell Me If you think it is finished???

Perfect touch landscapes
10-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Please Rate our site and tell me exactly what you think. Honestly.
http://perfecttouchlandscapes.com (http://perfecttouchlandscapes.com)

Perfect touch landscapes
10-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Take a guess how many hours something like this can take?

LawnoftheMonth
10-08-2010, 01:23 AM
That is a awesome site, i've spent years on mine and it doesnt come close to yours. nicely done.

knox gsl
10-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Wow, I think you're ahead of most of us on the company web site, its very impressive.
Posted via Mobile Device

hawkerhino
10-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Looking good :clapping:

georgiagrass
10-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Alexander: I think you are getting there. I like your approach -- lots of content. However, there is no excuse for the many, many mis-spelled words, formating problems and grammar or word choice issues. I know that not everyone was an English major, but if you are not up to it, there are plenty of qualified people available who will edit your content for little or no cost.

Also, I found the home page to be a little busy. The frame with the changing picture and text at the bottom was annoying because it changes so often that I could only read about a line of the text before it changes.

Did you choose to omit a section about you or did I miss it?

Overall, good work, but the little things make the difference.

Az Gardener
10-08-2010, 08:55 PM
I also did not like the verbiage on the picture as I wanted to see the pic's. The verbiage seemed redundant. If its not the same verbiage throughout it is very similar. My biggest question is that all your work? That's my pet peeve with most sites they grab an image from wherever and post it on their site making believe its their own.

Roger
10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Home page is waaaaay too busy. You need some hierarchy of choices. All the blog type entries do not speak directly to what you company does, services provided, etc. These need to be concise, clear and distinct.

You need to have a very direct message early about what you do, and, most important, where you do the work. I can only find an address at the bottom of a very long first page. You need to be clear very early about the location of your company, and what specific cities, municipalities, counties, or whatever is the appropriate measure for your area.

All the blog items need to be tucked away in their own area, not a home page kind of content.

I didn't look further because much work needs to be done on the entry. If the entry isn't clear and clean, nobody will wander through all the rest. It is important to have all the supporting content, and an intuitive way to get to it. But, if a viewer gets lost on the first perception, all else is without merit.

What are the key words somebody will use to find your site? When identifying these key words, will Google find them on the upper part of the first page?

I suggest you work with a web designer who understands the dynamic of viewership, how viewers navigate content, and how to organize. There are many people highly skilled in understanding this. I think the average first-time viewer will camp on a first page for 2-3 seconds. If you haven't captured them in this time period, they are gone.

domain311
10-08-2010, 09:32 PM
My opinion...

Seems to have quite a bit of info and some is a bit redundant.

I also did not like the pics going so fast that you could not read everything.

The text absolutely needs to corrected-thats a big pet peeve of mine and when I see that on a website or something similar, I think its totally unprofessional and is a big turn off. Honestly, that alone and I would probably lose interest and may look elsewhere. That's just me though...you can have someone edit the content and that would make a big difference. Ever try elance.com?

Under portfolio I expected to see your portfolio of your past or current work-your pics. That should be changed.

Under seasonal flowers I expected to see pics of flower beds, pots, etc. that your company has done after I clicked on it but all it brought up was more maintenance listings.

Overall I think its a bit too busy and sorta confusing...was trying to find something that I saw previously and couldn't find it again. Was something where you had bullets and why to choose us sort of thing and a couple of them sounded unprofessional.

Are your pics in the site? Would be a good idea to incorporate some if not.

The reviews looked good.

Sorry for being so critical...but just being honest. I know its taken tons of time to get it where its at, but I think it still needs to be tweaked and refined.

I have one myself and after a couple of years working on and off on it I know I may not be totally satisfied with it for a while yet....its a lot of work to get it right, unless if you pay thousands to a good designer.

Good luck with it going forward!

lawnangel1
10-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Some pics are very grainy. Use only high res images.

THEGOLDPRO
10-08-2010, 11:26 PM
wayyyyyyyyyyy to much stuff going on there, i lost interest in the first few seconds when i saw how much crap was crammed in there. i prefer simple and to the point.

Roger
10-09-2010, 08:28 AM
wayyyyyyyyyyy to much stuff going on there, i lost interest in the first few seconds when i saw how much crap was crammed in there. i prefer simple and to the point.

This is exactly what I meant in my earlier post. You have 2-3 seconds to make your point. If the point isn't made during the 2-3 second camp out, then the viewer is gone.

Perfect touch landscapes
10-09-2010, 06:20 PM
thank you all for your input. I quest I can't say website is finished after about 1900 hours of seo and other to do's I feel like taking a brake. Website is bringing about 30-140 visits aday. I know it is not perfect , but i am not just thinking of what each and every customer things. I have to please google algorith and other spriders. It is not about how perfect it is , but how many call . Right? I did need good critiques from people that know what they talking about. Just to say its busy , way to busy reapeating what two guys before you said is not serving any purpose. I am still changing and moving some content. Will add portfolio pictures. Google doesn't like more then 99 pages to scan and I am at 101 so I cant create much more , I have to condence it.

robtown
10-09-2010, 07:46 PM
hey... Its not about how nice a job I do, or the attention to detail i bring to my work...
as long as i am making that money who cares.
Nice pics ... i loved them on google images ... I dont think i had to get to the 2nd page for some.
I doubt the guy from the UK will care.
good luck.

domain311
10-09-2010, 08:20 PM
thank you all for your input. I quest I can't say website is finished after about 1900 hours of seo and other to do's I feel like taking a brake. Website is bringing about 30-140 visits aday. I know it is not perfect , but i am not just thinking of what each and every customer things. I have to please google algorith and other spriders. It is not about how perfect it is , but how many call . Right? I did need good critiques from people that know what they talking about. Just to say its busy , way to busy reapeating what two guys before you said is not serving any purpose. I am still changing and moving some content. Will add portfolio pictures. Google doesn't like more then 99 pages to scan and I am at 101 so I cant create much more , I have to condence it.

Honestly, if you could just start with someone to go through all the content and edit the grammatical mistakes....that would be a big improvement in itself. Have you ever tried elance.com? You could find someone pretty reasonably priced to do that job for you on that site.

Also, I would probably have refined the website a bit more before being too concerned with seo. Don't get me wrong, seo is important and is an ongoing thing, but personally would want the site more presentable before showing it off.

Out of those hits you mentioned, are those mainly in the area you service? That's important too, because its basically useless if its someone 500 miles away...I know I get a lot of that on my site...

And I know it can be discouraging from all the negative feedback and all the work you said was put in....but keep your head up, from your reviews it sounds like you do good work, which is ultimately what is most important.

Perfect touch landscapes
10-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Yes they are from within 10 mille radius, my seo is starting to work pretty good.
About fixing some content, I am working on that daily.
Keep those crituques coming I just changed like 4 things that were mentioned in here.
You guys all work hard and know industry like no other. Doing work for your self is hardest. I almost had onother landscape designer design for my house. I just about went crazy. For every idea i had, I had 50 more and for the other 50 well you know what I mean.
here is site again.
http://perfecttouchlandscapes.com
If you care to see some of my work , I can show it later. I had allot , but I ended up taking it all off because it was slowing down the site a great deal. Posting pictures is not a big deal. Being so busy that only cameras you have with you is your cell. Not much of a high quality photo. I had two cameras stollen out of my trucks by employees. So now I am thinking of buying portable safe to keep all valueable in.

TheGoat
10-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Please Rate our site and tell me exactly what you think. Honestly.
http://perfecttouchlandscapes.com (http://perfecttouchlandscapes.com)

good start.
here are some things that come to mind.

1. remove your address from the top of the page. it wastes top of page space for info that everyone who has been on the internet for more than forty-five minutes knows is at the bottom page.

2. landing page is too long. if it takes more than two spins on the mouse wheel, no one is seeing it.

3. your nav buttons at the top of the page are redundant (two home buttons) and too numerous(18!?!). make the "services" button into a menu that drops down when hovered over and have all the services you offer in that pop up menu. it will go a long way to making your landing page less "info overload"

4. others have said it's too busy. here's why. you have the fade in/out slideshow and that's good. you have a scrolling red text on the right, it looks like poo and classes down the joint, if you know what I mean.

4.1. too busy. slideshow=good. text overlay on the slideshow=bad. the timing is too fast and besides, each image is linked to an info page for that service. Let the picture speak it's thousand words and let the info page be the info page.

5. The "Interested in a free landscaping consultation or free maintenance evaluation and estimate?" button. I hate buttons that open new tabs or windows. I hate those buttons even more when the first thing in that new window is a link back to the page I was just on.

If they click the button, they are interested. no more selling needed. grab their contact info and when it has been submitted have the "submit" button direct them into a gallery of your work.

that's all I got from the landing page with only minimal scrolling and clicking.

It looked like there were some blog posts in there somewhere.

not a bad start, but it could stand some polishing from a functionality and screen space maximization standpoint.

p.s. I was born and raised in Chehalis

Perfect touch landscapes
10-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Chechalis where is that , Europe? I did agree about windows leading to more windows, I will take that advice. I am having a bit of difficulty minimizing long page right now , but it is in the working. I never like scrolling text to much. My goal was to make page more alive and movement to it with out flashy flesh templates. Any ideas what I can do with that , with out removing it? I have agrees on bottom, I was testing out seo with one adress on top too. Funny you have noticed it.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
10-11-2010, 09:53 AM
i like the contents liek the pics and such, but hate that the whole front page is nothing but a huge list of blog entries. it needs to have easily identifiable navigation to the info that potetial customers want to know and i have a hard time decifering all that stuff.

the slideshow of pics on the top are very nice, but need to be slower to be able to read all the wording in the pics.

just a little insight for you. good luck

GroundsGuys USA
10-11-2010, 12:29 PM
It is all about balance. You want to have a site that is full of key words but do it in a way that is not confusing. How a customer moves through your site is important. Have you received any feedback from customers? Thats the most important opinion.

2brothersyardcare
10-11-2010, 03:26 PM
i think you should condense a lot of stuff theirs to many tabs to click on you can get confused

DaytonBioLawns
10-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Pretty good. I liked the pricing info, because as a consumer I go to the easiest route. I dont like getting calls or emails just to see bottom line info. Just be careful though. Some A$$ will call you and try to push the false advertising thing. Make sure all pricing is protected. Always have legal counsel evaluate ads for you. Always add the restrictions apply type of stuff

Sammy
10-12-2010, 06:32 AM

I don't understand where you are located.

Perfect touch landscapes
10-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Pricing is something that varies from cutomer to customer. Everyone knows that landscape that has been neglected for 3, 5 or even 10 years is going to be in thousands of dollars to revive. I am planning on making a page for landscape package installation pricing also. 20 shrubs 3 gal , so many trees, so much mulch, weedbarrier 3500.00 What do you guys think?
Not for every customer, but the ones that always go for cheapest, smallest and budget quote. I personally like pricing or being able to see what company I am about to hire and what they charge. I know it is not in stone, but when SEO tells me he wants 1000 upfront and 800 per month for website maintenance , I already know that he is on the high side. Same goes for landscapers. I dont want to go to the appointment ,spend time in traffic and tell customer what they are wishing and what they most likely be getting may be different in tens of thousands of dollars.In my experience, most home owners are not business owners and they never learned how to count every penny going in to the job. I tell my customers aprx 70% of my estimate will be Materials. So every dollar that goes in to the job is for them , for their enjoyment.

Perfect touch landscapes
10-16-2010, 02:04 AM
It is all about balance. You want to have a site that is full of key words but do it in a way that is not confusing. How a customer moves through your site is important. Have you received any feedback from customers? Thats the most important opinion.

I think you guys are giving me most harsh opinions. I do appreciate it, but I never had any customer say it was difficult to navigate. Average time spend on the site for customer is 4.5 minutes( that's a long time) Keep in mind, not every person that is searching for Landscaper this time will call me, but after they have 2 or 3 not good experiences ,I believe they will try me. I am getting about 50 visits a day on average and that is all local. Not going to disclose how many calls, but I am pleased. I know I still need to do many things, but everything is cost, cost , cost.
I am in process of hiring content writer and they want 1000.00 I guess fear is not knowing what to expect and what work are they willing to put in. I have been burned by more then few SEO. They were worthless. Most one men show, but they dont dislose that and hide under their website and multiple forwarded numbers. I have learned one thing if you are looking to hire SEO and his website is not higher then rank 5, LEt him GO. I am not going to be an experiment for onother part time plumber, part time site optimizer.

Roger
10-16-2010, 06:30 AM
I think you guys are giving me most harsh opinions. I do appreciate it, but I never had any customer say it was difficult to navigate. ....

You may be right about a customer not saying anything. But, the customer is already in your fold. You don't know about those who never call you. Out of 100 visitors, you may snag one as a customer. What about the other 99 that you never hear from? They just leave, hence you never hear about their thoughts of navigational challenges.

You have great focus on SEO. How many other LCOs in your area that have web sites are competing for your target audience? Your web site usefulness is far different than a national retailer, for example. Your potential customer base is probably very local. You don't care about visitors from other locations, just those in your working domain. How unique is the name of your town, city, municipality (whatever the appropriate term for your area). If it is unique, your name should be near the top of any search list.

I listened to a business program yesterday focused on web design. The guests were speaking to the various ways browsers handle a web site. Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc. all have nuances that mean a web site can work well for one browser, but not another. The guest was telling the audience how they spend much time finding these nuances, and design their web sites in a way to utilize the features of each browser. The point was that a web site may work well with one browser in mind, but not well with another browser. How have you addressed this issue?

There are good reasons why people make a living doing the research about people's browsing patterns, layouts, creativity, etc. There are many very bad web sites available. Likewise, there are some really good ones. The differences may not be obvious, but the outcomes can be staggering.

Perfect touch landscapes
10-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Roger , I like what you got to say. I know my call to action is about 50% so far I have been amazed with roi. I want to make it better. Can you recommend anyone to do this type of work for me. If I was getting 1 out of 100 I would be worried. I know 10-15 % of visits are repeat competitors following every step make, current customers studying my services, solicitors, seo companies and so forth. I don't want to reach out to every visitor, I want to reach out to clients that see thongs the way we see things. Not every Toyota website visitor had or will buy a Toyota. I just want to raise my roi and target the kind of customer that we all have pleasure working with. I have built site my self only 7 months ago. I have allot to learn.
Posted via Mobile Device

BrunoT
10-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Impressively slick look, but I saw installation misspelled and its probably a little busy for the typical consumer. Most won't spend the time to read through all that. It might be better to highlight the basics of what you do and who you are, how you operate, etc, and have the extra stuff available but less prominent.

Perfect touch landscapes
11-05-2010, 01:48 AM
Allot of great input, Changed few things. Need more advice.

lawnscraper
11-05-2010, 10:59 PM
looks good. i would slow it down a bit.

bradseabridge
11-05-2010, 11:19 PM
why is, reviews, featured and bothell landscaping under the Services category?

I have taken my fair share of web design classes in college so far and am pretty good at maneuvering around ADOBE DREAMWEAVER. Your website looks okay, but the grainy pics are a no-no, the banner on the right with your $38.00 is grainy I don't like it. You have the same menu on there twice, once at the top and then on the side, what's that about?

Then the biggest eyesore, is how you put the key words on the bottom. That thing is very ugly and huge, that would be the first to get NIXED.

I guess overall it has a lot of work to do, to the experienced eye it's a mess. You'll get it right just trial and error. If you have a community college near you take an ITE course for web design or something. They will TEACH you how to use dreamweaver or whatever program they use and they will teach you the basic dos and don'ts of web design.

Perfect touch landscapes
11-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Any more critiques'
Posted via Mobile Device