PDA

View Full Version : JD ZTR's What are the fingertip controls for?

dougdm
10-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Good day all, I have been researching for a new mower for next year. Since I have not had the time to go to the dealers yet, I have just been searching the web. Don't know if I am going to get a ztr or a stand on.

Anyways, I see here on LS that ad for Deere's ztr, and they are pushing the fingertip controls. I have looked around the site and have yet to see what the heck they are for. :confused:

Happy days are ahead, Only 6 months till next mowing season :clapping::cool2:

ramcat
10-08-2010, 09:52 AM
one of them shuts off the pto but cannot turn it on and the other button raises and lets the deck down

dougdm
10-08-2010, 10:06 AM
cool thanks, wish it would turn it on and off though, and a rocker switch for the height of the deck would be cool.

Thank you sir

momstmg
10-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I bought a z930 with that package and took it back 3 weeks later for a z950 without package. I had the z930 for three weeks and liked everything about it but the hand controls because I was cutting a ditch and tried to lift deck to get out of the ditch but deck would not lift. I tore the grass up getting out of ditch. The electric deck lift has no back up so if the button doesn't work your deck is stuck at whatever height it is in. Hope that helps.
Posted via Mobile Device

dougdm
10-08-2010, 10:29 AM
bummer, would it not lift due to being in a bind? No back up foot pedal or handle? Not good.

thanks

momstmg
10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't know why it wouldn't lift deck? It wasn't hung on anything. When I first picked up mower the button would pick deck up quick but after a couple of mows, it picked up deck slowly and that time not at all. When I brought it back the sales even said it was lifting slowly. The problem is no back up plan ( like foot peddle). If the button doesn't lift the deck, the deck is stuck were ever its set at.
Posted via Mobile Device

deerex
10-08-2010, 06:56 PM
The 930 is the mower I wanted to but I did not want to deal with the push button deck lift. It sucks you could not get the 930 without the comfort package. I ended up with the 925 and am very happy with it.

jeasley
10-09-2010, 08:32 AM
We have a 970 and 960. Not a minutes trouble from the lifts. I love it, we also have a 997, about 4 years old with alot of hours, never let me down yet!
Posted via Mobile Device