PDA

View Full Version : Rear discharge ztr's/stand-ons

dougdm
10-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Ok, here's the deal. I mow a few cemetaries, and yes I have did some searching here before I asked.

Looking for a new rear discharge mower preferrably either a ztr or stand-on. Who makes them?

Hustler has a ztr one from what I have read. Toro has NONE from what their corporate customer service has instructed me.

dealers around me carry
toro
gravely
exmark
hustler
Bad Boy
JD

Thanks

malinois1
10-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Grasshopper makes them and they have dealers around you

Lawn Pawn
10-08-2010, 10:13 AM
From Wright's website

jkilov
10-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Clipping dispersal isn't that great on rear discharge decks, expect clumps when mowing in wet.

What deck size are you looking for?

lawnboy852
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Well makes sense to me, clumps are better than wet grass all over head stones... we all know how nicely wet grass likes to come off anything, and having to blow off every single stone would be terrible! I would go to every dealer or make phone calls and see who can help you out. Whoever you decide to go with it will probably have to be a special order from the factory as rear discharge decks arent that common.

Ever consider a mulch kit for an existing machine?

dougdm
10-08-2010, 02:20 PM
I am kinda in a pickle, I have a 52" ztr, that I would like to eventually replace w/ a 60-62", but for the time being I am also looking for a 48" stander/wb. This would cover me for nearly everything 32" for fenced in, 48" for smaller yards, 60-62" for bigger lawns. The cemetaries I mow, I could use the 48 around the stones and the bigger one for the larger yard area around them or 60" would be nice and faster with only needing to make 2 swipes per row of stones.

I thought about an oc/dc on my ztr, but for some reason 2 of the cemetaries are alway tall and clump on a regular basis. I guess there is a spring or something around them, even now with us being completely dry. I have still had to mow them weekly. Don't know how well the mower could handle that much of a load

CSALawnServiceInc
10-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Husky makes a rear discharge, good power, clean cut, but it does clump in wet grass.

pugs
10-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Of the ones we sell off the top of my head I know Wright and Ferris both offer rear discharge. But being that its a small market they are usually special order and might take some time to get.

I am unsure on Bobcat or Toro.

landers lawn
10-09-2010, 12:15 AM
kubota makea a rear discharge.

keepoffthegrass
10-10-2010, 12:56 AM
DONT BUY REAR DISCHARGE!

I bought a toro Z597 27HP DIESEL rear discharge.
They cut like shyt,
They leave 3 rows of grass
Tall grass, dont bother trying to cut it!
Wet grass, yah right!

After fighting with toro corporate for 6 month they agreed to supply me with 3 deck spindles if i bought a side discharge deck. So i bit the bullet and spent thousands on parts.

I have $16,000 + (CDN) into the toro now and the motor just started smoking like a bytch. Warranty isnt even done and they voided me for because i switched decks. $1000 hydro pump went 2wice. no warranty.

Toro = Junk
Toro customer service = Junk
Rear discharge decks = Junk
Briggs Deatszu Diesel = Junk
My little 48" toro was also .... Junk ( blown motor 3 days after warrantys up)

:dizzy::cry::dizzy::hammerhead::cry::dizzy::hammerhead::confused::confused:;):nono:

keepoffthegrass
10-10-2010, 12:57 AM
kubota makea a rear discharge.

I just bought a kubota, they gave me the rear discharge until mine came in. Their rear discharge is junk like my toro was. see previous post.

BEFORE you buy. Call me - I will talk you out of it 519 567 three five one three

integrityman
10-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Considered a good mulching system?

BrandonV
10-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Get walker and put in that thing that props open the back door?
Posted via Mobile Device

punt66
10-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Just use a chute blocker!