PDA

View Full Version : This sounds scary!!

MOHUSTLER
10-08-2010, 04:28 PM
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/wan/1995534708.html

People have sank to a all time low.

TheC-Master
10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
It's sad he has to pay someone to return it too... especially that much.

prolawnservice1
10-08-2010, 07:43 PM
The robber definitely has some good taste. Thank God nobody got killed.

JayD
10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I just heard of the same thing here, in fact I made a thread about it, something like "Lawn Care guy lost his rig at gun point". Herd this from an insurance agent here in INDY.

GravelyGuy
10-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I think I would have left the blades on and ran him down at a full 12 MPH.

I wonder how the robber got away? Did he load it on a trailer? Hard to believe.

mowerbrad
10-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I think I would have left the blades on and ran him down at a full 12 MPH.

I wonder how the robber got away? Did he load it on a trailer? Hard to believe.

Well I doubt the theif drove off on this thing...that'd be quite the police pursuit! Top speed of 12mph isn't going to get him very far.

GravelyGuy
10-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Well I doubt the theif drove off on this thing...that'd be quite the police pursuit! Top speed of 12mph isn't going to get him very far.

It seems the owner of the mower would have had time to react if he watched the guy drive it onto a trailer etc. At least go after him with a string trimmer:laugh:

mowerbrad
10-08-2010, 08:42 PM
It seems the owner of the mower would have had time to react if he watched the guy drive it onto a trailer etc. At least go after him with a string trimmer:laugh:

Well the thief did have a gun so going after him with a string trimmer isn't going to do much. You'd have to go after him with the leaf blower first to blow the gun out of his hands. Then you can take the string trimmer to him.

JayD
10-08-2010, 08:50 PM
The one that happened in Indy, the guy was help at gun point while another unhooked his trailer and hooked it up to their truck and left......Like i said in my other thread, I'm glad I pack my 357....:gunsfirin:gunsfirin:gunsfirin

The LawnRanger
10-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Insured by Springfield Armory Liscensed to carry conceal and yes I pack heat even when mowing

watsmi57
10-08-2010, 09:41 PM
i am licensed as well and don't leave home without my beretta EVER!...not even when mowing...there are some crazy folks out there.

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
10-08-2010, 10:26 PM
not to get on anyones bad side but it was a city worker...meaning he did not work his
a$% off to buy the machine so he wasn't going to risk himself to try and get the mower back unlike us who bought or equipment. just saying it is a different situation when you do not own something

RHill
10-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Well the thief did have a gun so going after him with a string trimmer isn't going to do much. You'd have to go after him with the leaf blower first to blow the gun out of his hands. Then you can take the string trimmer to him.

That would be one good leaf blower, but I guess then you could just blow himself down the street with it.

ShooterK2
10-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Makes me glad I live in a small town, with a good law enforcement system, where folks throw their hand up and wave at each other, where we don't worry about "packing heat" while we mow lawns.

Never thought I'd see the day some big-city thug would steal a flippin' lawn mower at gunpoint.....

ElephantNest
10-09-2010, 08:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/EleNest/Taurus650SS.jpg

They can have my mower, all they have to do is take it. :gunsfirin

BTW, my carry is a Taurus .357 hammerless, and my GF's carry is a .38 S&W Airweight hammerless.

The LawnRanger
10-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Sad society we live in worthless theives that won't work to take care of themselves that they have to steal from ones like us who bust our *ss to provide for our familys Thankful that Missouri has passed a law that if someone burglarizes your property you can use lethal force. Missouri is starting to get tuff on these punks all the drugs and illegals that have moved into my city its about time the good citizens take back our city

topsites
10-09-2010, 08:56 PM
LMFAO y'all carry pea poopers HAHAHA I want to see the fool come up to me with the puny toy HAHAAHAHAHA
ELLAMAFAOHOAROARLOL

HAHAHA

Y'all think that little pea shooter stands a chance against say, a freight train?
If no, why not?

News break: Well it don't stand a chance against my 25Hp Kawasaki 60" Tri-blade 1,500 pound Lawn Mower EITHER!
Well someone better pull that trigger already stop playing around!

Come on now, what are the thieves going to do?
F I'll run their ass over before someone have a chance to speak their piece hahaha

Hahaha

What they gonna do if I don't give'm the time of day?
F'n shove that black pop-pop up their pooper.

What a bunch of BS, some folks don't got no balls.

Chilehead
10-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Some people won't risk getting shot, but it takes less than 2 seconds to disarm someone holding a handgun.....by hand. Look it up on YouTube.

joel29m
10-09-2010, 09:52 PM
thats sad. i was carrying my ruger p95 once but stopped. i guess ill take it for a ride tomorrow.

theminigardener7
10-09-2010, 10:04 PM
that happens quite often around here: a guy or two will come up with guns and make you load up their truck with your stuff. I don;t know what type of thieves you all deal with, but if anyone around here were to make a move the crook wasn't expecting, they would have a bullet in their head. Life>lawnmower, and if anyone of those guys ever goes after me, they can have the damn thing.

The LawnRanger
10-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Some people won't risk getting shot, but it takes less than 2 seconds to disarm someone holding a handgun.....by hand. Look it up on YouTube.
Yeah and it take less then a split second for you to get your #ss shot trying to disarm someone with a handgun leave the disarming to Steven Seagal or Jackie chan Concealed carry has alot of responsibilities that go with it and if you draw on some perp you better have the mind set to take another persons life or leave the gun at home

JohnBanks
10-10-2010, 01:41 AM
If your familiar with Kansas City that is a rough area of town in the Prospect area, lots LOTS of foot traffic and mess.... and that park area is fairly empty with not a lot of people around..

2brothersyardcare
10-10-2010, 10:12 AM
i cant wait to get my pistol

MikeKle
10-10-2010, 11:37 AM
That is odd thieves are stealing machines made for work? usually they want nothing to do with stuff having to do with manual labor? and it is fairly hard to re sell a mower, have to spend lots of time cleaning it up, maintaining it, storing it. They must be really stupid up there or something, most thugs, if they had a gun would just rob you persoanlly of your wallet or whatever is in your truck, and possibly your truck as well, since they can take that to a chop shop, but a mower??? I dont know if there is a big demand on the black market for mowers or not,but I really doubt it?

MR-G
10-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah and it take less then a split second for you to get your #ss shot trying to disarm someone with a handgun leave the disarming to Steven Seagal or Jackie chan Concealed carry has alot of responsibilities that go with it and if you draw on some perp you better have the mind set to take another persons life or leave the gun at homeI wouldnt even hesitate to defend whats mine.....:usflag:

joel29m
10-10-2010, 03:04 PM
That is odd thieves are stealing machines made for work? usually they want nothing to do with stuff having to do with manual labor? and it is fairly hard to re sell a mower, have to spend lots of time cleaning it up, maintaining it, storing it. They must be really stupid up there or something, most thugs, if they had a gun would just rob you persoanlly of your wallet or whatever is in your truck, and possibly your truck as well, since they can take that to a chop shop, but a mower??? I dont know if there is a big demand on the black market for mowers or not,but I really doubt it? and what do you mean by the black market? Please explain that so I can better understand.
Posted via Mobile Device

The LawnRanger
10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
I wouldnt even hesitate to defend whats mine.....:usflag:
Me either making a point on a earlier thread someone said something about how fast it takes to disarm someone with a gun that in my opinion is stupid move

JayD
10-10-2010, 11:11 PM
LMFAO y'all carry pea poopers HAHAHA I want to see the fool come up to me with the puny toy HAHAAHAHAHA
ELLAMAFAOHOAROARLOL

HAHAHA

Y'all think that little pea shooter stands a chance against say, a freight train?
If no, why not?

News break: Well it don't stand a chance against my 25Hp Kawasaki 60" Tri-blade 1,500 pound Lawn Mower EITHER!
Well someone better pull that trigger already stop playing around!

Come on now, what are the thieves going to do?
F I'll run their ass over before someone have a chance to speak their piece hahaha

Hahaha

What they gonna do if I don't give'm the time of day?
F'n shove that black pop-pop up their pooper.

What a bunch of BS, some folks don't got no balls.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Topsites, have you been drinking again? :laugh::laugh::laugh::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

JayD
10-10-2010, 11:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/EleNest/Taurus650SS.jpg

They can have my mower, all they have to do is take it. :gunsfirin

BTW, my carry is a Taurus .357 hammerless, and my GF's carry is a .38 S&W Airweight hammerless.

Is this a real gun? Hammerless?

DaddyRabbit
10-11-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm calling BS, the worker almost certainly sold the unit to an unidentified source and made up this cockamamie story about being mugged. Come on, people/robbers are not going to to do a gun point over something so "Un Mobile" and bulky. I say maybe the city needs to start paying their workers more.

MOHUSTLER
10-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Being from near the KC area and if it was around the prospect area, Its deff NOT BS. Thats a rough area, and anything can happen.

CenterTree
10-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Is this a real gun? Hammerless?

It is NOT actually hammerless,,,it is a SHROUDED hammer. So it is double action only, not single action. You can not pull the hammer back and then shoot it as a single action revolver.

It was designed for concealed carry and so that the hammer would not snag or catch so easily on clothing.

Oakleaf landscape
10-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Hey they can have my equipment but as soon as they turn their back on me, my glock 30 will have them face down on the pavement. Any SOB that has the balls to steal a damn mower is really messed up... Have had stuff stolen before at knife point but I wasen't packing then. Lesson learned...

JayD
10-11-2010, 07:56 PM
It is NOT actually hammerless,,,it is a SHROUDED hammer. So it is double action only, not single action. You can not pull the hammer back and then shoot it as a single action revolver.

It was designed for concealed carry and so that the hammer would not snag or catch so easily on clothing.

I thought that might why they would make that like that...

The LawnRanger
10-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey they can have my equipment but as soon as they turn their back on me, my glock 30 will have them face down on the pavement. Any SOB that has the balls to steal a damn mower is really messed up... Have had stuff stolen before at knife point but I wasen't packing then. Lesson learned...
Can I get a AMEN can't stand a dam thief or politicians

JayD
10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Can I get a AMEN can't stand a dam thief or politicians

"AMEN"......You got that right!

Differential
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
This is a pretty serious issue. One day while I was mowing, there were 3 guys a few houses down watching my every move. This was at 2pm (they weren't at school or working) and they had a nice car with big wheels. Now, not to stereotype, but these guys didn't look too friendly.

I kind of had a feeling they were wondering "how much cash you think that lawn guy has on him?"

From then on, I carried everywhere.

JayD
10-11-2010, 10:58 PM
This is a pretty serious issue. One day while I was mowing, there were 3 guys a few houses down watching my every move. This was at 2pm (they weren't at school or working) and they had a nice car with big wheels. Now, not to stereotype, but these guys didn't look too friendly.

I kind of had a feeling they were wondering "how much cash you think that lawn guy has on him?"

From then on, I carried everywhere.

This makes me remember years ago I used to deliver bundles of news papers to drug stores, hotels, bookstores and so on. One night around 2:30am I was sitting at a red light with no one around when a big old car packed with some really big dudes started creeping up closer to the back of my truck. I new something was about to go down when there were three other open lanes next to me and they pick mine to be in. I just knew something was going to happen and I was ready for it.....They started letting there car roll closer and closer to the back of my truck until they finely bumped my truck...
I threw my truck in reverse and floored it, had tires smoking and roaring. I was pushing there car backwards then I stop for a second and was about to hit them again when they turned around in a hurry right there in the middle of the street and went the other way the wrong way (this was a one way street).
I figured they saw all the news papers in my truck and thought that I was collecting money from the news paper boxes....

Scared the $hit out of me and I could not believe that I reacted like that, but I was in a bad area and did not want to give them a chance to follow me. I was thinking the whole time "Knock out their radiator".....LOL

Yes.....This is a true story as God as my witness!

JayD
10-11-2010, 11:08 PM
WOW! I was just watching the news and there was a pregnant women (8 mo.) hit by a car down town today and was dragged a 100 feet under his car and the man stops the car and gets out and pulls her out from under his car then takes off.....WTF!!!!!!

She is in hospital in critical condition and the baby had to be taken "C" section, don't know if either will make it......That's awful.....

The LawnRanger
10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
WOW! I was just watching the news and there was a pregnant women (8 mo.) hit by a car down town today and was dragged a 100 feet under his car and the man stops the car and gets out and pulls her out from under his car then takes off.....WTF!!!!!!

She is in hospital in critical condition and the baby had to be taken "C" section, don't know if either will make it......That's awful.....
It seems that our laws serve to protect these thugs and the good guy out busting his @ss to make a living get $hit on I think its time to lay the smack down on there Candy @sses Our city few months ago put in the paper that we have the fastest growing hispanic population in america Ins sits at the Pork plant in grey hound busses shipping them back to mexico and we have had 3 murders in last month Mexican Mafia Im packing up and moving to Utah next spring living in the mountains Giving all my accounts to my buddy

BestImpressions99
10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Now Oakland has IMHO has the better idea. If he's got the gun out he's already got enough time on you that if you make a move for your weapon he's gonna give you lead in your diet.

Again my opinion, no machine is worth your life. I'm sure all the guys on here have phones that could take pics and show that to the cops and insurance. Ask any serious self defence instructor and they all say the same thing that unless your life is threatened (IE deliverence) give them your wallet, key's, mower, etc. I'd rather go home from an armed robbery mowerless than lifeless trying to be all Segal or James Bond.

LawnEnforcement25
10-12-2010, 03:37 PM
It seems that our laws serve to protect these thugs and the good guy out busting his @ss to make a living get $hit on I think its time to lay the smack down on there Candy @sses Our city few months ago put in the paper that we have the fastest growing hispanic population in america Ins sits at the Pork plant in grey hound busses shipping them back to mexico and we have had 3 murders in last month Mexican Mafia Im packing up and moving to Utah next spring living in the mountains Giving all my accounts to my buddy
what a ******ed comment. you obviously have too much testosterone intake. lay off the steroids for a while.
my whole outlook on carrying a weapon is that you never know what the situation will hold until it happens. you could go over a million different scenarios on how a weapon may or may not benefit you. me personally, i would carry, and do carry pretty much everywhere i go. i have people ask me all the time " well what if this happens and ur gun is in the truck?" i tell them well i guess it wouldnt benefit me! but then i say "what if this happens and im able to get to it and deter them from robbing me or harming my family for their gain?" it could go either way and i would rather have the weapon on me and not need it, then to not have it and get my self into a situation where it could actually benefit me! there will probably be alot of times where the way a situation went down, you would not be able to safely get your weapon without being hurt or killed so you dont. but then there may be a scenario where you could have got to your weapon and scared him off or detained him and called the cops. u just dont know. just my .32 cents.

The LawnRanger
10-12-2010, 04:30 PM
what a ******ed comment. you obviously have too much testosterone intake. lay off the steroids for a while.
my whole outlook on carrying a weapon is that you never know what the situation will hold until it happens. you could go over a million different scenarios on how a weapon may or may not benefit you. me personally, i would carry, and do carry pretty much everywhere i go. i have people ask me all the time " well what if this happens and ur gun is in the truck?" i tell them well i guess it wouldnt benefit me! but then i say "what if this happens and im able to get to it and deter them from robbing me or harming my family for their gain?" it could go either way and i would rather have the weapon on me and not need it, then to not have it and get my self into a situation where it could actually benefit me! there will probably be alot of times where the way a situation went down, you would not be able to safely get your weapon without being hurt or killed so you dont. but then there may be a scenario where you could have got to your weapon and scared him off or detained him and called the cops. u just dont know. just my .32 cents.
Either you missed something in my thread or I did I was a game warden for bout 16 years before starting my lawn business I am a CCW carry also and I also teach CCW and Combat Handgun my whole point of the thread was that the laws seem to protect those that are up to no good while us that are law abiding citizens are just victims. I think the laws need to get changed around to give us citizens a little more. Make the thugs think twice before they try to steal what we worked hard for. And thats just my .45 cents worth.

LawnEnforcement25
10-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Either you missed something in my thread or I did I was a game warden for bout 16 years before starting my lawn business I am a CCW carry also and I also teach CCW and Combat Handgun my whole point of the thread was that the laws seem to protect those that are up to no good while us that are law abiding citizens are just victims. I think the laws need to get changed around to give us citizens a little more. Make the thugs think twice before they try to steal what we worked hard for. And thats just my .45 cents worth.

i agree with you 100% on those views. its just the guys on here are like, " yeah lets shoot them in the ass" and "if he tries to rob me he'll get a 9mm in his face". its just movies type drama. i was just trying to make the point that if the situation arises, 9 out of 10 times we will not be the hero of the day and prove that carrying a gun in our truck or on our person while working will be useful. but at the same time no one can predict how a situation will unfold and i would rather have my weapon on me incase im able to actually get to it and utilize it. it would be a shame to be telling the story of how you were robbed to your friends and have to add that you would have been able to prevent certain parts of the story if you only had your weapon in the truck or on your person.

The LawnRanger
10-12-2010, 09:47 PM
i agree with you 100% on those views. its just the guys on here are like, " yeah lets shoot them in the ass" and "if he tries to rob me he'll get a 9mm in his face". its just movies type drama. i was just trying to make the point that if the situation arises, 9 out of 10 times we will not be the hero of the day and prove that carrying a gun in our truck or on our person while working will be useful. but at the same time no one can predict how a situation will unfold and i would rather have my weapon on me incase im able to actually get to it and utilize it. it would be a shame to be telling the story of how you were robbed to your friends and have to add that you would have been able to prevent certain parts of the story if you only had your weapon in the truck or on your person.
I agree 100% I would rather have it with and pray I never have to use it then need it and not have it I teach my students that if your going to assume the responsibilities of carrying concealed then carry all the time not part time

Gatewayuser
10-12-2010, 10:43 PM
My wife and I are going to take the CC class for Christmas.

JayD
10-12-2010, 11:25 PM

What is a cc class?

Hey lawn Ranger>>>>>>Real nice truck!:cool2: I went and checked out your pix of it, I can only dream of having that....Maybe some day....

The LawnRanger
10-12-2010, 11:52 PM
What is a cc class?

Hey lawn Ranger>>>>>>Real nice truck!:cool2: I went and checked out your pix of it, I can only dream of having that....Maybe some day....
Its just a payment I come from a long generation of Lawn care and my Grandpa always told me "You have to spend money to make money" and if you think about it, it's very true otherwise you spend the rest of your life working for the man making them rich. When I started business and bought my first machine my wife bout $hit now she sees the income and the fact she was able to quit her job and just take care of my paperwork she don't &itch at all Only payment I owe is that truck everything else is paid for any equipment I buy I pay cash for just takes time you will get there have faith and pray

The LawnRanger
10-12-2010, 11:59 PM
That GetGopher I downloaded their trial software package to see if I liked it dam thing had a virus attached to it and crashed my whole system cost me 150 bucks to fix my computer I was %issed <wants to kill Gophers now with my AR-15

LawnEnforcement25
10-13-2010, 12:18 AM
hey lawnranger who did your logo? i need someone to draw up a police officer on a zero turn kinda like yours. i also agree with you about spending money to make money. my wife is my biggest road block when it comes to doing what i have to do to benefit my biz. ive been at it off and on for about 3-4 years now and she knows that i can make money, but she expects me to earn a $40k income with homeowner grade equipment. almost causing a divorce to get a commercial Z and now shes begging to let her use it on customer lawns. women are sooo unpredictable. and to think, we do all this to make their lives better.

Andrew & Ben's Lawn Care
10-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Same here, .40 Glock

rain man
10-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Have CC permit but present pistol is too large and kept in vehicle, will remedy that soon. It is difficult to know what to do in every situation though. Hope I never have to use it but if I ever do my intent will be to use it with good judgement and successfully. Presently what we are doing to be safe is getting out of the bad areas of town.

The LawnRanger
10-13-2010, 03:58 PM
I had a guy in MT. Ayr Iowa do that for me custom made for my business if I can find his info I will give it to you he's doing the logo on the doors of my new truck soon. My wife was kinda mad for me quiting the game warden job and opening my lawn business but now she sees the money and doesnt say a word she actually said the other day that was best move I could have done. She actually mows with me now

Gatewayuser
10-13-2010, 06:32 PM
What is a cc class?

That GetGopher I downloaded their trial software package to see if I liked it dam thing had a virus attached to it and crashed my whole system cost me 150 bucks to fix my computer I was %issed <wants to kill Gophers now with my AR-15

Concealed Carry.

Sorry about Gopher, I just like their forums.