PDA

View Full Version : Snapper Pro Walk behinds

The LawnRanger
10-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Anyone use a Snapper Pro Walk-Behinds My dealer started selling them this year and they look like a nice machine look like they would hold a incline good Any opinions or users feedback welcome.

ed2hess
10-08-2010, 09:56 PM
We got a 36" unit and they are pretty darn good. Not as heavy built as the old scag but for medium use it does fine. I like all the grease points and the positive brake. The kaw 13hp engine seems like enough for mulching souther grasses don't know about cutting big grasses.

The LawnRanger
10-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I like the Scag but the tires not very wide wanting a wider tire to hold the banks I got one lawn I have to weed eat the whole bank and it really sucks showed the property to a buddie of mine and he said walk behind would be the ticket

LibertyFarmLandscaping
10-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I also bought a 36" first of the season. Has been a great machine. No problems with appx 15 to 20 hours of use per week.

I've heard about blow out problems on here using it for leaf clean up. I've only discharged grass with it. Very nice cut.

GreenGiant94
10-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I have the sw20 36in and it works great. Had only a couple of problem so far and nothing major.

The LawnRanger
10-08-2010, 10:46 PM
I have the sw20 36in and it works great. Had only a couple of problem so far and nothing major.
Would definately want a 36" and would want 2 52" or even the 61" Several in my area only use walk behinds nothing else and thinking serious about doing the same. I had a chance to get a couple new customers for next year and they specifically asked for their lawn to be done with wb If I get the wb I got 2 new accounts lol

ShooterK2
10-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Would definately want a 36" and would want 2 52" or even the 61" Several in my area only use walk behinds nothing else and thinking serious about doing the same. I had a chance to get a couple new customers for next year and they specifically asked for their lawn to be done with wb If I get the wb I got 2 new accounts lol

I have two accounts like this as well. They specifically said that they would NOT allow riding mowers on their Bermuda grass. I know they were thinking I'd push mow it, since I told them I didn't use a rider anyway. It's two elderly ladies that are friends. Someone had mowed one of them with a lawn tractor and rutted the heck out of one of them.

Anyway, they were both concerned when they saw that I wasn't using a push-type mower (21"), but their concerns quickly faded when they saw that my machine did not rut up the place, and left it looking awesome. That was early this season. I've mowed them both weekly all season now, and they have both made if VERY clear that they want me to do their lawns again next year.

My point: Some folks have had bad experiences with heavier mowers on their properties. A walk-behind can actually get you some accounts you could never have gotten without it. I started the year with a commercial ZTR and a commercial walk-behind. Traded the ZTR in on a brand new walk-behind a couple weeks ago (this one is hydro, the older one is belt-drive), so now I have two, and could not be happier.

ULS1
10-09-2010, 08:07 AM
I got sw20 1748 this year and love it. I have put 75hr on it and most of them are on hills. All the problems I have had are thing I have done. Hole in gas tank, dropped blade on it. Busted cover on air filter, mowing under a trail. I may get the 52in next year. My mower strips nice too.

Jason Simmons
10-09-2010, 02:56 PM
had a sw30 52"snapper bought it brand new in june ,sold it in august and bought a scag, best choice i made

MensingMowingPlus
05-08-2012, 09:10 PM
with the sw20 is the only way to move the mower with the cruise control? I have only used and ferris single hydro but looking at an sw20 the weekend. I ask because the ferris version seems to have extra levers to move the machine without a set speed. Am I missing something? any help is apprciated

Fwilamosky
05-08-2012, 09:46 PM
i bought a sw30 48in last year and have been very pleased with this unit. stripes like no other and is very good on fuel. does tend to clump in heavy rain but what machine doesn't. the machine is built very maintenance friendly and is very convenient.