PDA

View Full Version : At&t Pay Per Call Program

grassyfras
10-08-2010, 10:21 PM
If you were involved in the At&t program please post here and let everyone know how it went. I had a terrible experience and was lied to by sales rep about calls I would not be charged for. I think if we get enough people together we can do something about this.

cpel2004
10-09-2010, 12:29 AM
I have had a terrible time with the service or lack there of, I have recieved from At&t. They are absoultely terrible. On several occasions I have felt like the little old lady that went to the cable company with her hammer. I signed up in March and i have had several billing issues and like you I have been lied to, and hung up on. For a company that is so large I wonder where are the internal controls. I hate At&t!:confused:

PlantscapeSolutions
10-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Here is a copy of my other post:

I have been in a pissing match with AT&T all year about Pay-Per-Call. The sales guy assured me I would not get stuck paying for people looking for work, calling from outside my service area, wrong numbers, or sales calls. Just call the Pay-Per-Call people and they will take care of you I was told.

The Pay-Per-Call office is understaffed with a handful greedy commission paid a-holes from what I've found. Usually, you end up on eternal hold. I've also found bills for after hours calls that I didn't even answer, double bills for follow up calls from the same number, and calls listed as unavailable on the att bill that actually showed up with a number on my phone. When the att bill shows unavailable and your bill shows otherwise it makes tracking call more difficult.

I've dealt with over a half dozen att people trying to remove the invalid calls. I spent time filling out call spread sheets for att people only to never hear from them again.

Is this what you've dealt with as well? I'm going to make a posting on the other forum that gets viewed more and see if anyone else has gone through this att crap.

I talked to my old retired att sales rep and he told me I should file a presidential complaint with att. These complaints he said go to the top of the food chain instead of to the bottom.

cpel2004
10-10-2010, 06:41 PM
A bunch of scammers...trying to pad their own pockets.

CLS LLC
10-12-2010, 11:11 PM
I had similar experiences as you all have. Luckily I was only charged $11 per call. One big issue I had with them is they would list the pay phone number on the websites. And they would do it on sites that I was already listed and so far I haven't been successful in getting it removed. Worse yet is that they would list my business with the pay number on google maps, and they did it in area's I didn't even service. I've spent a few hundred with them in the past year and not one call from them turned into a job.

Now when you answer the phone it quickly says "pay per call phone call" and I just hang up on them really quick.

Luckily my contract with them will finally be up this month and I won't have to deal with them at all. I could not be more dissatisfied.

memphis.landscape
10-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Aweful experience for me as well. Got charged over $3000 for people looking for jobs. And on top of that they had my number mixed with a builder so I got charged for people looking for home repairs. They have now sent me to collections because I refuse to pay it.
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
10-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Go to www.ripoffreport.com and you can post your info like other people have done. You have to provide a little info but it's free. I'd like to see as many people posting problems as possible.

topsites
10-27-2010, 01:33 AM
This mess has been going on for years but Cable isn't much better.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when a company grows TOO big.
I could name one after the other.

Citibank's another, the only difference is Citibank doesn't hold the monopoly.
Don't tell them thou.

smallbizrunner
11-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Plantscape Solutions, your situation sounds exactly like mine. I should throw out a disclaimer that we are a chiropractic office, not a landscape firm, but I stumbled across this thread in a Google search and wanted to answer grassyfras' call to action and post my story.

Started this nightmare off with a call from AT&T offices in Ohio (I'm in MI). One of those "I'll be in your area on such and such a date, can we meet?" When we met with her, we listened to her pitch. It sounded good. Essentially we wouldn't be paying for any calls that didn't generate new patients--basically we had nothing to lose by signing up, she assured us. We then remembered an old friend of ours here in town works in AT&T advertising. We didn't want to take food off his table, so I gave her his card and she said she'd check with the local office's supervisor to see if she was allowed to take the account or not. She came back and assured us it was okay, so we signed up with the assurance that, like Plantscape Solutions, we would not be stuck paying for wrong numbers, telemarketers, people looking for jobs, robocalls, calls after hours, etc.

Immediately we started getting these calls and the reports started flowing into my email. We got less than a half dozen legitimate calls (and I'm stretching here) and only one client out of them all. I was successful in disputing a few of them at first, but then I just couldn't afford to sit on hold forever and wait for someone in customer service to get to my call. I'm the office manager, front desk person, assistant to my husband...I do everything in this office. I can't afford to sit on hold for 20 minutes (at least) every time I call.

The few times I could actually dedicate to calling, I got nowhere. The service reps would give me the third degree as to why I hadn't called earlier. Only one woman was very understanding and told me she'd investigate and call me back within a week. I never heard from her. At this point the assigned number had been cut off so I didn't have to worry about the actual calls anymore. Then the billing calls started. I kept trying to tell them how I had tried to dispute calls, but again, got nowhere with them. Of course, due to complaints similar to mine, they had implemented new ways to lessen the amount of illegitimate (not the right word but I'm at a loss) calls but they couldn't/wouldn't do anything retroactively.

I'm now in collections for $1448.00. Oh, and the sales rep? We heard a month later from our friend that she had, in fact, stolen the account from him and he had to go to the union about it.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Plantscape Solutions, your situation sounds exactly like mine. I should throw out a disclaimer that we are a chiropractic office, not a landscape firm, but I stumbled across this thread in a Google search and wanted to answer grassyfras' call to action and post my story.

Started this nightmare off with a call from AT&T offices in Ohio (I'm in MI). One of those "I'll be in your area on such and such a date, can we meet?" When we met with her, we listened to her pitch. It sounded good. Essentially we wouldn't be paying for any calls that didn't generate new patients--basically we had nothing to lose by signing up, she assured us. We then remembered an old friend of ours here in town works in AT&T advertising. We didn't want to take food off his table, so I gave her his card and she said she'd check with the local office's supervisor to see if she was allowed to take the account or not. She came back and assured us it was okay, so we signed up with the assurance that, like Plantscape Solutions, we would not be stuck paying for wrong numbers, telemarketers, people looking for jobs, robocalls, calls after hours, etc.

Immediately we started getting these calls and the reports started flowing into my email. We got less than a half dozen legitimate calls (and I'm stretching here) and only one client out of them all. I was successful in disputing a few of them at first, but then I just couldn't afford to sit on hold forever and wait for someone in customer service to get to my call. I'm the office manager, front desk person, assistant to my husband...I do everything in this office. I can't afford to sit on hold for 20 minutes (at least) every time I call.

The few times I could actually dedicate to calling, I got nowhere. The service reps would give me the third degree as to why I hadn't called earlier. Only one woman was very understanding and told me she'd investigate and call me back within a week. I never heard from her. At this point the assigned number had been cut off so I didn't have to worry about the actual calls anymore. Then the billing calls started. I kept trying to tell them how I had tried to dispute calls, but again, got nowhere with them. Of course, due to complaints similar to mine, they had implemented new ways to lessen the amount of illegitimate (not the right word but I'm at a loss) calls but they couldn't/wouldn't do anything retroactively.

I'm now in collections for $1448.00. Oh, and the sales rep? We heard a month later from our friend that she had, in fact, stolen the account from him and he had to go to the union about it.

I'm glad to see more and more people posting info. I would do a cut and past and stick your info on the ripoffreport.com. AT&T thought they were doing me a huge favor by asking me to pay for only half of the $3000 in bogus calls I received. The next time AT&T calls I'm going to dare then to let the BBB settle my dispute with them.

smallbizrunner
11-06-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm glad to see more and more people posting info. I would do a cut and past and stick your info on the ripoffreport.com. AT&T thought they were doing me a huge favor by asking me to pay for only half of the $3000 in bogus calls I received. The next time AT&T calls I'm going to dare then to let the BBB settle my dispute with them.

I did, thanks for the call to action. It's nice to hear others' accounts of this. There aren't many out there, but they're certainly consistent. There appear to be even more complaints with their pay-per-click program as well.

I spoke to our friend last night via Facebook. He said nothing ever came of his complaint regarding the sales rep stealing the account, though. He offered to see what he could do at the office on Monday about our account but I told him AT&T had already sent the account to an outside agency, which is now developing into a completely separate story!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mathewsman
11-23-2010, 04:06 PM
My situation is just like the rest of you. I own a small decorative concrete business. I signed up with AT&T after some skeptism and now wish I would have went with my gut feeling. The rep claimed that calls from telemarketers, job seekers etc. would not be charged. At first they removed these calls. Now though they won't do anything and since I refuse to pay for calls that don't generate business for me, are going to send the account to collections. I've offered to pay off my entire bill which is just over $1000 to let me out of the program. They refuse. I don't know what to do. Either pay the bill and continue to deal with the same thing I'm already dealing with or let them send me to collections. Anybody with advise. What have others done. Whatever happened to good old fashioned business.

Nick

smallbizrunner
11-23-2010, 06:11 PM
My situation is just like the rest of you. I own a small decorative concrete business. I signed up with AT&T after some skeptism and now wish I would have went with my gut feeling. The rep claimed that calls from telemarketers, job seekers etc. would not be charged. At first they removed these calls. Now though they won't do anything and since I refuse to pay for calls that don't generate business for me, are going to send the account to collections. I've offered to pay off my entire bill which is just over $1000 to let me out of the program. They refuse. I don't know what to do. Either pay the bill and continue to deal with the same thing I'm already dealing with or let them send me to collections. Anybody with advise. What have others done. Whatever happened to good old fashioned business.

Nick

Nick, I let them send me to collections. The fun part is that TWO agencies are claiming to own the debt so I asked AT&T and they told me which one they actually sent me to. I've spoken to the agency numerous times but they don't like to take "No" for an answer. At first I thought about settling. But after doing some soul-searching, and Googling, I came across stories that mirrored mine (including on this site). I can't bring myself to pay $1500 for a tab that isn't mine. If I honestly owned this debt, I'd take care of it, but I just can't justify paying it.

If someone wants to foot the bill for a class-action lawsuit, I'll gladly join in! :)

Nick, make sure you post your story on ripoffreport.com, too. I put mine under "AT&T Pay Per Call Advertising."

http://www.ripoffreport.com/advertising-deceptive/at-t-advertising/at-t-advertising-pay-per-call-cd97d.htm

Swampy
11-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Where do I start? last year I signed up with the pay-per-call from AT&T. I had some mild sucess but I kept getting calls from FL, TX, and one from Hawaii. Most weren't about landscaping in general, a few calls for a bid. People sreaching for a lawyer, or when I answered nobody was on the other end. I paid that year off, thinking that it was either I was bidding to high and just to the hit. I told myself to get out for this while I could, well the silver tongued sales rep rope'd me again. Promising the system was better and no out of service calls, telemarketers, and no job seekers. Finally a call screening system, to my mistake the call screening system only works half the time. Also they screwed up my headings, they listed me under foundation repair, now I don't mind doing the excavation work but I'm no basement mason nor do I have the insurance to fix foundations. Or the calls I get from people just asking questions, I don't mind talking to people but the fact that it won't lead me to a job and its costing me coins? No thank you. Plus I haven't seen a paper bill yet, I get emails listing the number of calls I get but no phone number to call to pay the thing.

I have never had any issue with AT&T in the past with their other services such as my cell phone, like this I'm dealing with Advertizing Solutions. Now missed calls are all my fault, I'm a one man operation, I don't have after hours, when the sun goes down is when I'm able to be on the phone. Honestly I think I'd have better luck advertizing on craigslist than dealing with AT&T.

Mathewsman
11-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Now when you let them send you to collections did that go against you personally or your business. I'm only 25 and really don't want to ruin my personal credit over this scam. I really can't believe it. I offered to pay the entire bill off just to let me out of the program. They won't but will terminate the program and send me to collections. Just doesn't make since to me.

r&renterprises
11-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Like all the rest I too have had the same problems but have learned how to stick it to at&t.
1 - I got a separate cell phone just for at&t and answer it promptly
2 - after the pay-per-call prompt I hang up do not talk to person calling HANG UP.
3 - call person back immediatly before they call you back wondering what the hell happened.
Sometimes if the person is calling from work that has multiple lines you are probably not able to get the person who called when you call back.
If you do talk to the person when they call you tell them you will call them back, make sure you get their name and keep the call under 12 seconds in length, I found this very difficult so I just hang up.
Remember though if you dont let some calls go through at&t will probably drop your ad the next year.
My ads add up to about $2,500 a month if I was paying for the ads themselves and not the paypercall and I do get a lot of calls.

Good Luck

Mathewsman
11-26-2010, 09:15 PM
R&R I'm from Milwaukee as well and would like to possibly talk to you if you are having problems with the service. I used to use the same technique until just recently in the past few months they now display a "default" number on your caller ID instead of the callers number. Too bad they caught on to that too. Theres no way around these guys or this scam.

r&renterprises
11-27-2010, 10:53 AM
I did not know that since they shut off my calls cause I did not pay them a dime all year because no one from at&t was willing to resolve the problems I was having, I guess I will have to find another way to stick it to em or just cancell my ad with them and give the money to a different form of advertizing, or threaten to cancell all of my at&t phone services also.
the funny thing is the last person I talked to from at&t was not going to drop some of the charges that I wanted them to until I told him I was way behind on my bill then he said that they would cut my bill in half and restore my service in 48 hrs., its been a week and still no service. BUNGHOLES!!!

sunny days 101
04-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I use to work for att commercial area; the sales people dont lie but they were probably not trained well enough or they were texting instead of listening to their training is actually more likely. i know how to put a executive appeal through for you if you need it; you WILL get immediate results from that type of complaint. what is pay per call by the way a toll free service? when i was there we didnt have anything called that but i left in 09. if you need the executive appeal place call and ask for a manager and tell them you want that office. if you dont reach it let me know and i will ask my friend for the number.

PlantscapeSolutions
04-10-2011, 08:19 PM
A few months back I AT&T had turned my account over to collections. I heard from the collections place just one time via a letter. I emailed them and told them AT&T had sold them a worthless account and that all the money I owe had been paid in full. I never got another piece of junk mail from the collections company.

smallbizrunner
07-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I use to work for att commercial area; the sales people dont lie but they were probably not trained well enough or they were texting instead of listening to their training is actually more likely.

No. They lie. They straight up lie. They will do anything to get your business. Steal the account from another co-worker, become a customer of your business for a minute, swear they are going to refer all their friends and family to you, and bring you free samples of coffee from their side business. They will do anything to close the sale.

The collection agency calls our office every day. Every. Single. Day. Multiple times. We don't answer the phone when they call. I told at least three of the agents there that I was absolutely disputing the charges and refused to pay. They still call. Unfortunately, businesses are exempt from collection law; more specifically, the agency having to adhere to a "cease and desist" letter, so we just hit "reject" on our phone when they are calling. Someday the account will leave that agency and go to another, or get written off.

It's been about a year now since we were sent to collections. For the record, our credit score is unscathed.

PlantscapeSolutions
07-01-2011, 11:33 AM
A collection place called me a month back but told be the issues was going to go back to AT&T. I think the collection places have had crap for luck trying to collect money that wasn't owed to AT&T to begin with. I told them AT&T had sold them a worthless debt once in the past.

I have records of all my calls so I'm ready for AT&T to try to pull some crap.

Swampy
07-01-2011, 11:30 PM
A collection place called me a month back but told be the issues was going to go back to AT&T. I think the collection places have had crap for luck trying to collect money that wasn't owed to AT&T to begin with. I told them AT&T had sold them a worthless debt once in the past.

I have records of all my calls so I'm ready for AT&T to try to pull some crap.

Kind of in the same boat. Lot of my calls where under 30 seconds. If you go threw my entire greeting "Landscape Engineering Services, How can I help you Sir/Ma'am?" Plus count the ring time, or if it goes to voice mail. I've been charged for calls that I didn't pick up, but they report a 32 second ring duration. Or the best, I won't get charged for out of service calls, but yet IL and IA show up on my record. Sorry I'm operating in the Milwaukee WI area, no where near the IL or IA border.

Erics Lawn Care
07-22-2011, 03:32 PM
if anyone has any problem with AT&T then call the customer service center and ask for a manager and let them know you want an "executive appeal". Your information will be entered into the system and your concerns will be dealt with by one single person from the executive appeals office (whom reports directly to the executive offices) and they WILL resolve your problems, faster than you could think possible. More than likely the same day. If you are in the midwest you can call 800-660-3000 but if not then call number on your bill.