PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone Rake Pro any good???

Mjben08
10-08-2010, 11:27 PM
This is my first year in the biz and looking at a used Cyclone Rake Pro for about $500. I looking for something that i can mow with,pick up leaves with by itself,and store leaves. Is that a pretty good deal? thanks

wild willy
10-09-2010, 01:13 AM
I have heard nothing but good things about this product, and will be getting one next year. Apparently the customer service and support are excellent and if you have a chance to get one for 500 then get it. If you do a search you will find feedback on this item and I have seen you-tube videos where they use the unit as a leaf loader also. good luck

macaw
10-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I have had the classic for 12 years will not do leaves without it.

yardatwork
10-09-2010, 10:24 AM
I also have had the classic for 12 years...Tecumseh 5HP motor. It's hard as hell to get started for the first time each year (I recommend starter fluid to the carb). But the thing runs like a gem...excellent machine and they REALLY do what they say they will do. Sucks up leaves, sticks and twigs and even gravel!

I paid around $1200 for mine way back then. I added the deck boot (cheap and not worth it...cracked the second time I used it in the colder weather) and the collection bins.

LarryF
10-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Mine's about 6 years old and it's great for leaf pickup. It has the 6HP Briggs and always started on the first pull, but I always drain the gas before storing it. I think I may have been the first to put one on an Exmark ZTR, because the hardware for the boot initially provided didn't fit. But I sent them sketches & dimensions and they custom-designed and manufactured something that would work, and it was free of charge. A few years after getting it one of the zippers for the top flap broke, so I asked for a new flap and the sent me the whole bag, and again it was free of charge.

Mjben08
10-09-2010, 01:05 PM
I talked him down to $400, so Im getting hopefully by the end of the weekend. Its about a year old so i think its a steal! Probably mount it on the trailer and build a box on the front, blow it to the curb(truck) and suck it up!

Anybody know where to get a good deal on vac hoses???

LarryF
10-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I talked him down to $400, so Im getting hopefully by the end of the weekend. Its about a year old so i think its a steal! Probably mount it on the trailer and build a box on the front, blow it to the curb(truck) and suck it up!

Anybody know where to get a good deal on vac hoses???

Not sure what you mean by "vac hoses", but CR sells everything you might need.

http://search.creativecommons.org/?q=Cyclone+rake&sourceid=Mozilla-search

and the click on "accessories".

wild willy
10-09-2010, 04:57 PM
I just got the new cyclone rake catalogue today:

classic 7 inch (intake hose) 5 1/2hp 200 gallon (leaf capacity) $995
commander 8 inch 6 1/2 hp 285 gallon $1295
commercial pro 8 inch 6 1/2 hp 415 gallon $1495
xl 8 inch 9hp 415 gallon $1695
z-10 10 inch 10 hp 415 gallon $1895

glad I waited... next year gonna get the big one!!!...the 10inch/hp looks awesome

http://www.cyclonerake.com/index.htm

Richard Martin
10-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Not sure what you mean by "vac hoses", but CR sells everything you might need.

http://search.creativecommons.org/?q=Cyclone+rake&sourceid=Mozilla-search

Boy that Creative Commons is one vile little piece of trash isn't it. I couldn't get it to remove the panel so I could look at the Google search results full screen.

LarryF
10-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Boy that Creative Commons is one vile little piece of trash isn't it. I couldn't get it to remove the panel so I could look at the Google search results full screen.

I agree and I apologize for that. I don't know where that Creative Commons thing came from, but when I tried to Google Cyclone Rake again, it didn't show up.

gebby
10-09-2010, 10:31 PM
They do what they say. Do your self a favor and mulch first. Try do bust the sticks up some first. The machine will suck the sticks fine but, they can get stuck in the hose. If everything is there 400.00 is a steal. I bought one some time ago for 350.00 and just sold for 800.00. I got a notion to buy all I can all winter and summer and start selling them in the fall. They sell like hot cakes this time of the year

ixlr8
10-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I was considering getting one, but I was wondering how badly it would affect the maneuverability of a ZTR. Anybody who uses one on a ZTR care to comment on what a Cycone Rake does to the maneuverability of a ZTR, some gotcha's to look out for?

TIA

gebby
10-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I had mine hooked up to my Z. Lets just say it's a long way back there. The Cyclone Rake and the mowing unit is rigid. (doesn't bend between units) You have to be VERY CAREFUL in tight area's. Great in open area's. Blow out leaves to open area's then suck up. My unit pulled it fine but again be careful as when you move an inch up front you might move a foot at the end of the Cyclone Rake. Your mower will react differently than what you are used to. Not quite as responsive. I'm sure with some work, just like anything else you will get a feel for it.