PDA

View Full Version : When are you Florida LCO's starting bi-weekly

williams lcm
10-09-2010, 09:06 PM
When are you guy's starting your bi-weekly mowing schedule? Most of the bahia has slowed down and the ST.Augustine is getting is close. Thanks

billslawn89
10-09-2010, 09:17 PM
i actually started this past week in my area, but some st. augustine i am still cuttin.. ya bahia really slowed down, from double cutting to nothing, unreal. worked out good for me cuz i caught this cold that won't give up, coughing my arse off. if i don't feel better tomorrow, the jack daniels is coming out to cure this cold.

Lehighlawnpros
10-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm planning to extend the schedule out to 14 days starting now.

Our rain has shut off here in the Ft. Myers area and nearly all of the lawns are showing drought stress. Growth rates are slowing down dramatically.

I've been going around checking/adjusting sprinkler systems free of charge, my customers really appreciate this.

I'm planning to keep mowing high throughout the fall and winter at 4" plus.

Florida Gardener
10-09-2010, 11:36 PM
We have really slowed down the past 2 weeks. St. Aug will go EOW starting 1st week of Nov, not Nov. 15 like last year. Bahia will probably go EOW this week. I have 1 for sure but will need to check the other few.

zturncutter
10-09-2010, 11:42 PM
When are you guy's starting your bi-weekly mowing schedule? Most of the bahia has slowed down and the ST.Augustine is getting is close. Thanks

Started this past week on Bahia, this week on most of the St. Augustine.

Patriot Services
10-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Starting this week. I still have some lawns that will go to 10 days. Bahia and Zoysia is eow until spring. Started getting leaves so I will have something to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rhett
10-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Most have started already. Really slowed early this year. Now just to catch up on the extras.

Turf Dawg
10-10-2010, 10:50 AM
I am not in Florida, but I skipped two of my residential yesterday because they just did not need it. I have a feeling my Bermuda ones will just need a couple of touch ups and the St Augustine ones will only need cut every two or three weeks till we get a hard frost from here on out.

Keith
10-10-2010, 01:28 PM
The few bahia yards I have are now at EOW. A few St. Augustine/weedy yards are at 10 days. I can't see skipping a week on regular St. Augustine yards anytime soon.

freshprince94
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Im at EOW on all my lawns right now.