PDA

View Full Version : I need a little logo help!

LawnEnforcement25
10-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Well ive worked with this logo for about a year now with the intentions on sitting down and cleaning it up a bit. It was just some different clipart i took from google, entered into MS paint and altered some things and mated together the mower to the man. Im thinking i now need to have a one off creation to call my own. anyone have any ideas or opinions? im not even sure if my logo is legal since it was taken from online and altered. here is a picture of it on my card. my business card lack alot as well. i need work all around. Im itching to get this task completed so i can hurry up and get new business cards, post cards and door hangers. http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/evenodds20/businesscard.jpg?t=1286692968

cgaengineer
10-10-2010, 03:01 AM
Hmm...I thought we offered advice in another thread about your logo?
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnEnforcement25
10-10-2010, 11:34 AM
yeah, you did. and i contacted him and he told me they only do clip art type logos. no free hand or drawn designs.

LawnEnforcement25
10-10-2010, 11:41 AM
basically i need someone to take this design, blow it up to a good size and high resolution, add some vibrant colors, clean up the edges, and send it back to me so i can put it on the side of my truck, business cards, post cards, whatever. the main problem i face now is that its on my computer in one size and the larger i go, the more pixelated it gets. ive tried blowing it up myself and cleaning it up a bit but im just not that knowledgeable about graphic design and such. i simply built this one in MS Paint just laying one design over another and filling in the voids with the paint brush. i thought maybe losing the night stick and turning his hand to grab the mower instead. giving him a badge and maybe some blue and red lights on the front of the mower. i dont know. just ideas but plan it graphics kinda seemed like they were pretty cut and dry with what they were capable of doing and im looking for a totally unique logo. not your average clip art used on multiple business logos for different people.

bc3xx0
10-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Well ive worked with this logo for about a year now with the intentions on sitting down and cleaning it up a bit. It was just some different clipart i took from google, entered into MS paint and altered some things and mated together the mower to the man. Im thinking i now need to have a one off creation to call my own. anyone have any ideas or opinions? im not even sure if my logo is legal since it was taken from online and altered. here is a picture of it on my card. my business card lack alot as well. i need work all around. Im itching to get this task completed so i can hurry up and get new business cards, post cards and door hangers. http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/evenodds20/businesscard.jpg?t=1286692968

It's not legal, especially if you are using it to advertise a business!! However, unless you put a door hanger or give a business card to the dude that originally drew the cop or the mower, how are they gonna know you didn't pay for the rights???

The same could be said about the fonts. If you download a font off of the net, most come with a RM file saying, "for personal use only" but who's gonna know??

bc3xx0
10-11-2010, 05:17 AM
Here's an idea for your business card!!

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4592/lawnenforcement.jpg

Yes, I was bored!

93Chevy
10-11-2010, 06:49 AM
How about hiring a graphic designer to design a logo for you so it actually looks good and not like you designed it yourself.

TheBetterDoorhanger
10-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Our graphic designer could come up with something for you I'm sure. It would be approximately $52 - $104 for the logo design. If you mention you read about our company on a lawnsite forum, you will receive 1 free design towards a door hanger order... see the specials I listed below.

Just wanted a moment of your time to tell you about our products that help keep your on your door and off the lawn. The Stick-It feature even allows them to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost! We have a great start up special on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It products.

5,000 only $349
2,500 only $199
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING, GROUND UPS SHIPPING & RUSH PROCESSING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!

www.AdeasPrinting.com
866 - 778-4254

LawnEnforcement25
10-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Here's an idea for your business card!!

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4592/lawnenforcement.jpg

Yes, I was bored!

I would love to have that one but im afraid i would only attract the business of those guys on the "To catch a Predator" shows. not that their money isnt green or anything!!! HAHA.

LawnEnforcement25
10-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Our graphic designer could come up with something for you I'm sure. It would be approximately $52 - $104 for the logo design. If you mention you read about our company on a lawnsite forum, you will receive 1 free design towards a door hanger order... see the specials I listed below.

Just wanted a moment of your time to tell you about our products that help keep your on your door and off the lawn. The Stick-It feature even allows them to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost! We have a great start up special on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It products.

5,000 only $349
2,500 only $199
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING, GROUND UPS SHIPPING & RUSH PROCESSING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!

www.AdeasPrinting.com
866 - 778-4254
thanks for the help. i might give yall a call.
I know i needed to hire a designer but most that i was seeing was $200-300 just for the logo design. I just cant spend that much on a little cartoon picture right now. I may be able to swing $50-100. we will see. someone told me to speak with a tattoo artist and see what they might do. thanks guys yall have given me some things to think about.

bc3xx0
10-12-2010, 02:36 AM
I would love to have that one but im afraid i would only attract the business of those guys on the "To catch a Predator" shows. not that their money isnt green or anything!!! HAHA.

I can redo it with a muscle dude with tight shorts and no shirt on to attract the lady's that watch "sex in the city"!!!!

LawnEnforcement25
10-12-2010, 11:08 AM
haha. no thanks. im not sure i would feel right carrying business cards around in my wallet with that on there.

Sammy
10-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Maybe put a box of doughnuts in his hand ?

Chris Heiler
10-17-2010, 12:53 PM
This article might be of benefit to those of you designing a logo for your Green Industry business:

Landscape Logo Basics: 6 Elements of an Effective Landscape Logo (http://www.landscapeleadership.com/public/Landscape_Logo_Basics_6_Elements_of_an_Effective_Landscape_Logo.cfm)

Along with choosing your company name (http://www.landscapeleadership.com/public/7_Guidelines_for_Naming_a_Green_Industry_Business.cfm), it's one of the most important decisions you will make for your business.