PDA

View Full Version : Bad Grub Damage---Will P&K help?

Turf Dawg
10-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Had a guy want me to look at his backyard, he said the grass had a lot of yellowing and some brown areas. I told him this time of year he probably was getting Brown Patch {St Augustine lawn} but I would come look. Well I went and looked yesterday and could tell it did not look like Brown Patch so I pulled on some grass to see if it would lift easily. HOLY CRAP, I just barely had to pull and about a 6" spot would come up with at least one Grub under it. I did this in several places and they all lifted easily. I am going to use Dylox for the Grubs but was thinking that I might need to also use some high P&K to help with what few roots are left. The lawn is about 4000k with about 70% damaged.

Ric
10-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Had a guy want me to look at his backyard, he said the grass had a lot of yellowing and some brown areas. I told him this time of year he probably was getting Brown Patch {St Augustine lawn} but I would come look. Well I went and looked yesterday and could tell it did not look like Brown Patch so I pulled on some grass to see if it would lift easily. HOLY CRAP, I just barely had to pull and about a 6" spot would come up with at least one Grub under it. I did this in several places and they all lifted easily. I am going to use Dylox for the Grubs but was thinking that I might need to also use some high P&K to help with what few roots are left. The lawn is about 4000k with about 70% damaged.

Turf Dawg

I just Googled Gainesville Tx to see you are North of Dallas. I am thinking you have pretty such shot the Growing season for this year. Sod is about the only QUICK Cure. What I would do on these yards is Plug them with St Augustine and hope they grow in by this time next year. I find Spring Plug jobs fill in just as fast as ones done in the fall. In my area the Summer rains is what does the trick. Yes P & K sure won't hurt to put down now. I just question how much Growing season is left this year in your area.