PDA

View Full Version : Weed Paper & Rock

pblc
10-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Installing weed fabric is a pain in the butt. But I figure its necessary when installing a landscape with rock. Is there anyone out there that just lays the rock on the bare soil and simply controls weeds with putting down pre-emergent often?

highlander316
10-12-2010, 06:39 PM
paper will help prevent rocks sinking through the soil over time, main reason why we use it.

White Gardens
10-13-2010, 07:54 AM
paper will help prevent rocks sinking through the soil over time, main reason why we use it.

Exactly.

On top of it, use landscape staples to hold it in place. That way it keeps it from popping up and looking crappy when someone goes and pulls a weed out of the rocks.

93Chevy
10-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Yes.

What they said.

Same here.

highlander316
10-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Exactly.

On top of it, use landscape staples to hold it in place. That way it keeps it from popping up and looking crappy when someone goes and pulls a weed out of the rocks.

sod staples work good also if that's what your supplier sells. Or are we talking about the same thing? They are called sod staples at my supplier. Basically a big metal staple.

White Gardens
10-13-2010, 09:32 PM
sod staples work good also if that's what your supplier sells. Or are we talking about the same thing? They are called sod staples at my supplier. Basically a big metal staple.

Ya, that's all they are.

I need to actually look around on-line and see if I can get them any cheaper. Home Cheapo is the only place in town that actually carries them. No one else does including all the local garden centers.