PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Hedge Trimmers Blades!!!!

studebaker48
10-13-2010, 03:46 PM
I found a company that sells aftermarket hedge trimmer blades. I ordered a pair of Sthil blades today. They have a 1 year warranty i couldn't believe it. And they are made in USA. I called and talk to the people at Prune pro. the blades are to limit the amount of browning on shrubs tips and the edge stays sharper than factory. the blades are heat treated after the edge is put on.:usflag:

www.prunepro.com

Thought i would share with everyone.

greensolutions1
10-13-2010, 08:29 PM
they look cool, but i dont see any 30 inch blades yet, keep us updated on their performance

honeydopm
10-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Why dont you just say your a rep for the company and your marketing it?

studebaker48
10-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Why dont you just say your a rep for the company and your marketing it?

ha i wish. last time i will share a good product. i was excited to find a product like this. I thought i would be good to support ya know USA a products.:usflag:

studebaker48
10-14-2010, 12:56 AM
they look cool, but i dont see any 30 inch blades yet, keep us updated on their performance

i will do that. i hope they are good too.

cgaengineer
10-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Have you tried them yet? Honestly they don't look like they would work very well. A normal blade has a larger opening that tapers down, these look like they would not catch the branch at all.

I'm not being negative, just making an observation. I am excited that they are selling blades for around $100, that's over half what Stihl charges for them.

Let us know how they work.
Posted via Mobile Device

studebaker48
10-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Have you tried them yet? Honestly they don't look like they would work very well. A normal blade has a larger opening that tapers down, these look like they would not catch the branch at all.

I'm not being negative, just making an observation. I am excited that they are selling blades for around $100, that's over half what Stihl charges for them.

Posted via Mobile Device

I havent got them yet. they are on the way though. I had the same questions about the opening. We will see.

All_Toro_4ME
10-14-2010, 12:02 PM
subscribing for review of blades.

bare spot
10-14-2010, 11:25 PM
yeah me to, these sound interesting.

StihlMechanic
10-14-2010, 11:45 PM
they look cool, but one problem, it does not indicate which models of each company the blades fit. Like Stihl, they sell a 24 inch set of blades, but which model do they fit? A 24 inch blade on an HS45 is different than one on a HS75-85, the connecting rod differs for the cam in the gearbox.

But short of that I want to try a set out.

studebaker48
10-15-2010, 12:01 AM
they look cool, but one problem, it does not indicate which models of each company the blades fit. Like Stihl, they sell a 24 inch set of blades, but which model do they fit? A 24 inch blade on an HS45 is different than one on a HS75-85, the connecting rod differs for the cam in the gearbox.

But short of that I want to try a set out.

yeah i had to call i got blades for my HS 81. fyi

studebaker48
10-16-2010, 01:38 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

for got to tell you to got to www.youtube.com put in prune pro

cgaengineer
10-16-2010, 07:27 AM
They appear to work well. I wonder if they make them for my Stihl Kombi hedge trimmer head?
Posted via Mobile Device

studebaker48
10-16-2010, 11:59 PM
They appear to work well. I wonder if they make them for my Stihl Kombi hedge trimmer head?
Posted via Mobile Device

I am not sure. i ordered a set for my sthil hs 81t 24 inch blade. they have a contact page or call. I should get mine on wed. I cant wait to try them i have high expectations for them.

bare spot
10-17-2010, 12:19 AM
got thinking bout these today and the way the opening angles outward might will work for me. i'm thinking if it angled inward would seam to work better, being if cutting a hedge or something, i sometimes find myself pulling the trimmer towards me, if u follow.

studebaker48
10-18-2010, 01:52 AM
got thinking bout these today and the way the opening angles outward might will work for me. i'm thinking if it angled inward would seam to work better, being if cutting a hedge or something, i sometimes find myself pulling the trimmer towards me, if u follow.

i looked at it more like u cut side to side and going up and down a shrub. You would be cutting into to it more. :usflag:

studebaker48
10-21-2010, 12:36 AM
i got the blades today they look sweet. I will put on this weekend and use them on a clean up job on tuesday. i will post the results on how they did.

studebaker48
10-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I used the blades today. They work really well I cut throught over grown burning bushes and boxwoods along the driveway. I tried them on ground cover to see how they cut it back along the bed edge They cut very clean . I am impressed. I would recommend these to everyone I got a $10.00 mail in rebate with the set too.

All_Toro_4ME
10-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I used the blades today. They work really well I cut throught over grown burning bushes and boxwoods along the driveway. I tried them on ground cover to see how they cut it back along the bed edge They cut very clean . I am impressed. I would recommend these to everyone I got a $10.00 mail in rebate with the set too.

Sounds like a great find. I'll bookmark their website so I'll have it when I'm ready to replace.