PDA

View Full Version : Sutech??

cmos123
10-13-2010, 05:17 PM
I have found this site great to get answers to my many questions, so here is another one. I am looking for a commercial mower, I only do residential mowing at the moment, and I am looking for a inexpensive mower. This mower seems to fit my needs and budget. Has anyone on here ever used a Sutech mower? Is there another commercial mower under 2000? Thanks.

Mowingman
10-13-2010, 08:30 PM
If you use the search feature, you should be able to find a lot of info about that brand, going back several years.
you will find that 99.9% of the info is about how bad those machines are.
you would be better off to spend your money on a good USED, commercial walkbehind from a reputable, American manufacturer.

Sammy
10-13-2010, 11:47 PM
What Mow Man said..... ^

yardtamer
10-14-2010, 10:10 PM
I personally have nothing but good things to say about the sutech. I have used it for over 3 years commercially. Anytime that I have needed anything for the mower I called them directly and they were wonderful. The mower is easy to work on and parts are no problem.I have used toro, scag,exmark,and ferris walkbehinds...they have all come and went but the Sutech is still here. I say give it a try....I think you will be happy with it . I am actually going to purchase another one next season.

cmos123
10-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Yard tamer, I have not found anyone who has actually used the Sutech and said anything bad about it. The worst thing that I heard was that the speed is either too slow or too fast. I am also looking into the Quickie super fox. I only do residential yards and I do not need or want to spend 3000 on a mower. I am currently using the 21" Snapper mower from Sears, so either of these mowers should easily be better. Do you know anything about the super fox?

yardtamer
10-15-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't know anything about the other mower you mentioned. My experience is that if you take care of equipment, it will take care of you. As far as buying a used walk behind...I personally have not good luck doing that, and I would avoid it if possible. Give the Sutech a chance, you won't regret it!

cmos123
10-15-2010, 10:20 PM
It is the first or second mower on my list. I use a 21" puch mower now, and anything is better than that, and I agree, take care of your equipment, and it will take care of you. Thanks for the info.

ok4me2xlr8
10-18-2010, 07:24 AM
I have found this site great to get answers to my many questions, so here is another one. I am looking for a commercial mower, I only do residential mowing at the moment, and I am looking for a inexpensive mower. This mower seems to fit my needs and budget. Has anyone on here ever used a Sutech mower? Is there another commercial mower under 2000? Thanks.

Get a better built.

cmos123
10-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Are you talking about the Better brand, the quick? Or just simply a better mower? I have been looking at the 32 Quick as well.

shepoutside
03-12-2011, 10:57 AM
We run Sutech for trim mowers, and have for a few years now. Once your use to them, there great, and give a good cut. Easy and cheap to work on too! Not for mega hills, and no reverse.

XLS
03-12-2011, 01:04 PM
give a Bradly stander by HAVENAR a try you get a hybrid stand on 48''-52'' for $3100 and a 36" is like $2400 they are built like a tank and are great . we have many walker ztrs and after owning 2 walkbehinds that we were not happy with we were afraid to use walks at all. we met Chris Havenar and he has helped us alot we are planning on buying more units as well .The 60'' units from them as soon as they ship he says may for less then $5,000

Panhead
03-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Sutech's aren't bad. They are American built. The weakest link is the handle bars but with some engineering and custom work, it's an easy fix. Parts are cheap but are well built. Can't beat CNC pulleys and the thick guage steel deck. They have a list of where you can get parts. They are not great for hills.

http://www.sutechusa.com/about-us/

ok4me2xlr8
03-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Are you talking about the Better brand, the quick? Or just simply a better mower? I have been looking at the 32 Quick as well.

Yes that is what I was talking about sorry for the delayed response. I like their samurai mower with the dual hydro system.

kilgoja
03-14-2011, 01:30 AM
haha..everyday i get on here someone mentions another brand of mower that i've never heard of...how many brands of mowers do we really need?

STIHL GUY
03-14-2011, 06:34 PM
stay away from the sutech...if you have to wait a bit and save up a little more $$ and get yourself a decent used commercial mower

ok4me2xlr8
03-14-2011, 07:00 PM
haha..everyday i get on here someone mentions another brand of mower that i've never heard of...how many brands of mowers do we really need?

Apparently some companies seem to believe 27,364. LOL

Tankers
04-28-2011, 03:12 AM
I run a 33" SuTech Stealth. I'll say they are extremely easy to work on so far. They're made in the Midwest and you can order parts factory direct pretty easily. I do residential and it's nice having something that can be pushed and pulled easily when you get jammed up. Ultimately I want something that is heavy duty but for now it'll work fine.

No reverse, no sully option. It's all right on hills but you do have to manhandle it when it's time to turn around which adds to fatigue. Setting the height is a real pain too.

Over all I bought mine because it was what I could afford. There are far better brands of course but it's probably not a horrible option if you're trying to step up from the 21" mowers on a limited budget. Lube, oil, filter that thing constantly! It's not exactly heavy duty so baby it when you can. The 33" deck will knock them out a lot quicker for sure, that's what I enjoy most about it.

ACA L&L
04-30-2011, 01:08 AM
I run a 33" SuTech Stealth. I'll say they are extremely easy to work on so far. They're made in the Midwest and you can order parts factory direct pretty easily. I do residential and it's nice having something that can be pushed and pulled easily when you get jammed up. Ultimately I want something that is heavy duty but for now it'll work fine.

No reverse, no sully option. It's all right on hills but you do have to manhandle it when it's time to turn around which adds to fatigue. Setting the height is a real pain too.

Over all I bought mine because it was what I could afford. There are far better brands of course but it's probably not a horrible option if you're trying to step up from the 21" mowers on a limited budget. Lube, oil, filter that thing constantly! It's not exactly heavy duty so baby it when you can. The 33" deck will knock them out a lot quicker for sure, that's what I enjoy most about it.

Well when i owned one of those huge paper weights, i had to literally call China for belts.....they broke in the first month, This not an american company

Panhead
05-01-2011, 12:15 AM
When I need belts, the local NAPA auto parts store is where I get them. 2 years and going strong.

XLS
05-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I dont understand why so many people on here or in the real world for that matter think they have to go to a dealer or the factory for their parts .... we buy 90%of our parts from a auto parts store in town and they make a call and have it shipped to the town of our locations for free at they get it next day no questions. peopleon here so many times act as if its a part only avalible fron the manufacturing company or something.

XLS
05-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Furness that wasnt a bash at you guys it just simply reminded me of how many times i see it in these post , no bash at you my bad if it comes off that way ..... you can go to most auto stores and get every belt for your walkers including the main Pto drive belt they will order them but we get them at about $35.00 yet a walker dealer will tell you its a factory only part. same goes for the blade sheer bolts my dealer wants $.50 each for them and you can get a box of 100 machine screws and nuts i think its like 2.50 per box of nuts and bolts and they work just fine .