PDA

View Full Version : Did my eyes deceive me ??

Think Green
10-13-2010, 07:28 PM
During a break from one job to another, I passed a nice sized yard sale back out in the county a couple of miles. There was a ton of men stuff!!! Lots of 5 gallon gas containers, saws, fence materials, things that would make a man drool. After purchasing half of my pickup truck bed with boxes of tools,misc. stuff, the lady said--" Oh, you are in the lawn and spraying business--My husband used to work for a seed company back in the day and he also did farming!" She began digging in a large double sided garage and uncovered a green house fogging unit that was pretty interesting and a box of fittings, nozzles, and old applicator equipment that was majestic to admire........from the day. The lady handed me a box that contained something she said--She didn't know, it was her husbands hidden stuff from the upper portion of the carport. I set the box down and opened the lid very slowly..............??? Beyond the spiders and webs, there was 7 3lb. contained boxes of old Gilmore perimeter termite control capsules in the compressed form. The lady told me to take the stuff in the box we.............???? After reading the back of one box that was legible-the ingredients made me cringe. Needless to say, I sat the stuff down and told her NO THANKS!! and for her to contact someone more qualified than me to pawn it off on!!!!!

What do you think is in those boxes........in the amount of 21 lbs. of 20 percent technical product???

I will give the answer to those who want to play!!!!
This thread is not a joke, it is real story and made me nervous to even hold the box................being that my truck has our name etc. on it.

abrightday
10-13-2010, 07:40 PM
As long as the label is still intact, it's the law, and as long as you follow the instructions you can use it!:drinkup:

Think Green
10-13-2010, 07:45 PM
You are correct, but what do you think the ingredient is in one box???
I am not about to jeopardize my license on someone passing off this stuff to me.
You can go on forfarmers.com and see what people are searching for...........on the illegal side. Not worth the fines and hassle over it.
The problem is........I have seen bottles and bottles of old chemicals in peoples garages and storage shops from the past 30 years. They have no clue as to what is in their possession.

abrightday
10-13-2010, 07:57 PM
O.K. sooo is it Chlordane? Lindane? DDT? Not good ol dursban,, or diazinon???:dizzy:

RAlmaroad
10-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I'll play: Chlordane and/or Arsenic

Think Green
10-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Guys,
No kidding and yes you are correct in one answer.
The box's contained those Ground injection capsules of compressed Chlordane from back in the day! Gilmore put this stuff out for Termite perimeter treatments around the house. I almost had a cow.....breached when my eyes read the label. I then set that box down and said---No Thanks and warned her that she possesses a banned product from use. She should contact someone...........and that person isn't me. I ran to wash my hands with soap and plenty of water. She told me that her husband used the stuff around the farm.......no doubt and he had stored the stuff for future use. "?" :(

Anyway--I did get a lot of good deals on power tools and sprayer nozzles.

What has everyone else come across while you were out smooooozing!!?

teejet
10-13-2010, 08:56 PM
I found a couple quart bottle of Chlordane in my fathers garage. I asked a local pest control guy about it, and all he had to say is that it works great for spiders, and do you have any you want to sell?