PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose fertilizer for Emerald Zoysia

josh5808
10-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

This summer, I put down 3 pallets of Emerald Zoysia. I live just north of Atlanta, GA by the way.

The grass was doing excellent all summer long. Now, my 4 dogs have left spots everywhere from using it as a potty :cry:.

I want to fertilize it to help bring the spots back and, since it is beginning to get cold, I thought it would be a good idea to fertilize it so it will be healthy next year.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the right type of fertilizer to use?

Patriot Services
10-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Milorganite and 10~10~10 seems to work. I have a couple of customers with dog urine issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

tobylou8
10-19-2010, 08:59 AM
4 dogs? Man that's gonna be hard long term if they're big ones. In a nutshell, zoysia fert program is opposite of TTTF. AFTER you do a soil test and correct the pH, I recommend a fert high in potassium (last number on bag). Don't know what is available at big box stores. I personally wouldn't use a lot if nitrogen on zoysia this time if year. Water the daylights out of the urine spots. If these areas become the dogs favorites, kiss that area goodbye. I have a customer with only 2 dogs and they have ruined the back yard with urine. Have a great day.

lawnpropm
10-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Got to walmart look in the pet section. They have some kinda spray for these urine spots and its very cheap. I think it neutralizes the acid levels in the urine. Not sure on the exact details but I think its worth a few bucks to try it out
Posted via Mobile Device