PDA

View Full Version : What size dump body can I put on my truck.

WenzelOSLLC
10-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi guys (and gals),

So I'm thinking about putting a contractors body on my F-250 Crewcab Shortbed and was wondering if I can put the 8' body on there or if they sell 7 footers. I searched around for a little bit on here and plowsite and nothing useful came up.

Thanks

White Gardens
10-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi guys (and gals),

So I'm thinking about putting a contractors body on my F-250 Crewcab Shortbed and was wondering if I can put the 8' body on there or if they sell 7 footers. I searched around for a little bit on here and plowsite and nothing useful came up.

Thanks

You can put anyone on that you want. You just might have to shorten the frame or extend it depending on which bed you get.

Measure from the back of the cab to 3 inches past the rear leaf spring hanger, add 5 inches for room between the dump bed and the cab, and that's your starting point.

WenzelOSLLC
10-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks WG. I remember reading on plowsite about salters and that if you used a 8 foot one on a shortbed you might have some weight problems, most notably reduced traction on you front wheels. Would this be a problem with an 8' body when the wheelbase is made for the shortbed? Obviously and 10' or 12' would cause problems.