PDA

View Full Version : Am I HIRED?? here is a few pics i took of a lawn i seeded

grassman177
10-15-2010, 10:58 PM
THis lawn was totally dead from what i believe was fungus(got called in after the fact). I did a complete renovation aerate verticut seed fert. this is about one month and it is getting ready to get a second dose of fertilizer. It has been very dry here since i seeded it in that the irrigation has been on every day still and kinda leached out some of the ferts a bit. We are about to change the watering too with much cooler temps.

this is defiance TTTF.

andynotandy
10-16-2010, 07:06 AM
so that's what grass coming up is supposed to look like .

grassman177
10-16-2010, 08:52 AM
yeah, amazing isnt it. i was just really happy with the results, many i did here are not coming in this good as thye dont have irrigation like this one does and it has been dry.

White Gardens
10-16-2010, 09:14 AM
yeah, amazing isnt it. i was just really happy with the results, many i did here are not coming in this good as thye dont have irrigation like this one does and it has been dry.

We're running into the same problem here. We had about two weeks of good weather for over-seedings and renovations, then all the sudden it dried up. We haven't had a good rain in 4 weeks +.

GravelyGuy
10-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Looks great, did the customer request TTTF?

GreenmanCT
10-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Ive been reseeding most of my lawns with tall fescue. I had been using mostly a 70% rye and 30% bluegrass blend. But this year i decieded tall fescue is all i am gonna use. only advantage of the rye, is that it establishes much quicker.

I recently did a complete lawn reno (rototill, grade, seed) on october 1st. It took about 12 days for the grass to pop over the lawn, but it continues to come in really good.

fl-landscapes
10-16-2010, 12:20 PM

ever think of getting into irrigation work? Sounds like you could have a market for it. What type of blend is planted in those lawns?

teamgreendude
10-16-2010, 04:36 PM
what seed are you using ? I'm not happy with lesco seed and I'm thinking of finding a better brand. Do you guys use Pennington seed ?

grassman177
10-16-2010, 06:04 PM
to answer some of your questions guys,

yes, we do irrigation work, not much install but getting into it now more and more. we do full maint on irrigation.

the customer did not request anything particular escept hardier grass than the original bluegrass sod.

it is defiance tttf. it is a rhizomous fescue blend. i like it, but my favorite is five star blend from BWI, it is a five blend of the top fescues on the trials the year before. i mix it up every other year and have great results. the defiance does seem to take a bit longer to establish though for some reason, but not too long, germintation is the same, but it seems to mature slower or something.

Darryl G
10-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Looks good! I'm going to TTTF mostly myself. I use the Lesco Teammates plus. 70% TTTF, 20% rye and 10% bluegrass. The only complaint I've gotten is it makes any areas of the lawn I didn't do look lousy, lol.

grassman177
10-16-2010, 08:00 PM
i know right, where i seed into a blugrass lawn it does kinda show up and make the bluegrass look bad, hahahahha

i love fescue, i dont mind blugrass too much, but only some certain varieties of sod i have seen but do not know the actual cultivars used for that sod.

blends are nice too, but nothing beats a sturdy fescue lawn after a fresh cut