PDA

View Full Version : Where those fall clean up rigs at?????

Pages : [1] 2

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Fall is right around the corner guys i know u guys are pullin out the stuff now or buildin the boxes Snap some pics!
Show the world!
I'll post some soon
but its old dumpster trailer w/ a box that our loader just blows leaves into!
pretty nice got a great deal on it

but lets see your pics!

soloscaperman
10-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Who cares what it looks like, if it fits the leaves then get r done. I am making a box for my truck. I am going to paint it though.

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Who cares what it looks like, if it fits the leaves then get r done. I am making a box for my truck. I am going to paint it though.

Oh im not about to say anybodys box/rig looks bad......
i just thought it would be cool to see what other peoples set up looks like in different states/ areas

--Also it could give others the opportunity to get ideas from others (for their box they are making or are gonna make)
this is a win win situation!

yardmanlee
10-16-2010, 08:06 AM
working on mine this weekend

Martinson9
10-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Right now our new 2010 Chev 3500HD Dually with an 8ft dump is in the shop getting a new 9 1/2 ft Western MVP put on it. As soon as we get it back we'll build a new box and attach our new 16HP Trac Vac to it.

Don't say I'm not doing my part to end the recesssion.

beamslawnservice
10-16-2010, 05:16 PM
here's our's

Darryl G
10-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Mine is partly in the back yard and partly in the shed. I run my standard mowing setup for about half of my accounts where I have onsite disposal and the other half I load my Lazer into my dump truck.

Every year I say that I'm gonna mount the leaf loader and box and go after piles after I'm done with my regulars but it never happens. I've tried using the leaf loader for my regulars but I find it to be more efficient to just pick them up with my mower and dump to my trailer.

4 seasons lawn&land
10-16-2010, 07:46 PM
now THATS a leaf vac! How big is that hose?

beamslawnservice
10-16-2010, 08:46 PM
now THATS a leaf vac! How big is that hose?

18'' intake
12'' exhaust
65 hp= one bad a_ _ sucking machine:laugh:

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-16-2010, 09:26 PM
18'' intake
12'' exhaust

Dang i wouldnt leave my puppy out when ur in my backyard!
lol

4 seasons lawn&land
10-16-2010, 09:31 PM
18'' intake
12'' exhaust

Holy ****! What brand? What do they cost?

4 seasons lawn&land
10-17-2010, 05:10 PM
is it a diesel?

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-17-2010, 10:17 PM
ANY ONE ELSE HAVE PICS???????
Thats a big vac!^^^^

I took several pics of ours while we were out today but for some reason im getting some error message when i try to load them from my email but i manages to get one!
Here it is!
The trailer holds i would say 16 yrd OF MATERIAL!!!!!! (NOT 16 Houses!!!!) :laugh: i get that alot!
But i believe this is a 18HP vangaurd never seemed to look....My boss would know for sure but i know its a vangaurd.....

Last thurs. was our first time we really used this
we are just gettin the leaves up with the ZTR and ultra vac
(Just for the people who care about their lawn lookin like a million bucks even in the fall.....No leaves,No weeds,etc.)

Nickcon404
10-17-2010, 10:48 PM
I Love the Fall!!! Just waiting for the dollar bills to start dropping off the trees!

beamslawnservice
10-18-2010, 03:06 AM
is it a diesel?

american road machine
gas motor
18k to 20k new i bought it used last rear works great no clogs here i have used 11hp 16hp and 22hp once you use one this powerfull you won't go back only down side is it is short so backing up ain't no fun

unit28
10-18-2010, 08:46 AM
american road machine
gas motor
18k to 20k new i bought it used last rear works great no clogs here i have used 11hp 16hp and 22hp once you use one this powerfull you won't go back only down side is it is short so backing up ain't no fun

If it were mine I'd fire it up
and just point the discharge chute backwards while driving.
Prolly get good gas milage

Grass Etc
10-18-2010, 12:10 PM
I know it's long and not the easiest way to do it, but I'm using what I already own until I can afford a dump bed for my truck. 14ft gooseneck dump with 6ft sides. 4x10 utility trailer that holds 18hp Billy Goat Loader, Billy Goat vacuum, Little Wonder WB Blower, three BP Blowers and rakes etc.
All that's left to do is take the signs off my landscape trailer and put them on the dump.
Sorry the pictures are bad, they are from my phone.

intimidator782
10-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Nice setup nickcon!

Bates Lawn Care
10-18-2010, 01:30 PM
I know it's long and not the easiest way to do it, but I'm using what I already own until I can afford a dump bed for my truck. 14ft gooseneck dump with 6ft sides. 4x10 utility trailer that holds 18hp Billy Goat Loader, Billy Goat vacuum, Little Wonder WB Blower, three BP Blowers and rakes etc.
All that's left to do is take the signs off my landscape trailer and put them on the dump.
Sorry the pictures are bad, they are from my phone.

How long is that thing and is that legal?

Lawnut101
10-18-2010, 01:31 PM
I Love the Fall!!! Just waiting for the dollar bills to start dropping off the trees!

That's a sweet setup my friend!

Martinson9
10-18-2010, 01:42 PM
How do you like that Billy Goat leaf loader? Is it electric start or recoil? We looked at getting one, but stayed with another Trac Vac. Our dump trailer is setup almost exactly like yours. However, we have our leaf loader mounted in a receiver tube on the back of the dump trailer.

Grass Etc
10-18-2010, 01:49 PM
How long is that thing and is that legal?

Not sure how long it is. F350 with 8ft bed, 14ft goose-neck Dump, and 8ft utility trailer. It's legal in Oklahoma to pull a bumper pull trailer behind a goose-neck. It pulls really easy. If the dump trailer makes the turn the utility trailer will too.

Grass Etc
10-18-2010, 01:57 PM
How do you like that Billy Goat leaf loader? Is it electric start or recoil? We looked at getting one, but stayed with another Trac Vac. Our dump trailer is setup almost exactly like yours. However, we have our leaf loader mounted in a receiver tube on the back of the dump trailer.

If you're referring to my post, I just bought it this year and haven't used it yet. It's a recoil. I wanted to mount mine to the dump, but I needed room for my other equipment.

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Nice set up "grass etc."
that would bug the hell out of me though!
How do u get the leaves out of the trailer?

Grass Etc
10-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Nice set up "grass etc."
that would bug the hell out of me though!
How do u get the leaves out of the trailer?

Thanks. Just unhook the little trailer and dump.
Doesn't take any longer than a swing away loader.
Posted via Mobile Device

sweatyclippingcoveredguy
10-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Wow, out here the township collects the leaves, I just have to put them on the curb via blower/bagging/ old fashioned rake/tarping.

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-18-2010, 07:31 PM
oh haha didnt realize it was a dump was lookin at it on my phone

Thanks. Just unhook the little trailer and dump.
Doesn't take any longer than a swing away loader.
Posted via Mobile Device

4 seasons lawn&land
10-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Now how do you back up with the double trailer set up???

Grass Etc
10-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Now how do you back up with the double trailer set up???

You don't. Lol
I put a pneumatic tire on the jack, so if I have to I'll just unhook and it's easy to roll around.
Like I said not the most practical. But it's what I already own.
Posted via Mobile Device

4 seasons lawn&land
10-18-2010, 07:42 PM
i think its awesome. Im always trying to think of a way to get my lawn equipment to a job when Im using my dump trailer. I think thats about the only way.

I have the same dump tailer, 7 ton, regular hitch though, how do you like it?

Grass Etc
10-18-2010, 08:34 PM
i think its awesome. Im always trying to think of a way to get my lawn equipment to a job when Im using my dump trailer. I think thats about the only way.

I have the same dump tailer, 7 ton, regular hitch though, how do you like it?

I like the dump trailer. If all I did was lighter loads I would have gotten a bumper pull.
Can you not fit your stuff in your truck bed
Posted via Mobile Device

4 seasons lawn&land
10-18-2010, 08:41 PM
i mean my mower mostly

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I like the dump trailer. If all I did was lighter loads I would have gotten a bumper pull.
Can you not fit your stuff in your truck bed
Posted via Mobile Device

Only thing is when the trailer isnt on you have no cargo space in the back because of that hitch!
thats the only reason i hate goose necks.....
There for we have bigger trucks that can handle a 20+ ft trailer with wat ever in it

coolluv
10-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Only thing is when the trailer isnt on you have no cargo space in the back because of that hitch!
There for we have bigger trucks that can handle a 20+ ft trailer with wat ever in it

I have a reversible hitch in the bed of my truck that you can remove or turn upside down and the ball is out of the way.

Dave...

Grass Etc
10-18-2010, 09:19 PM

Ya my hitch folds down and I don't lose any space. I just like the way a gooseneck pulls 14,000 lbs better than a bumper pull.
To each his own.
Posted via Mobile Device

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Ohhhh thats a nice setup!
(i just googled it)!
Never knew about that!

Ya my hitch folds down and I don't lose any space. I just like the way a gooseneck pulls 14,000 lbs better than a bumper pull.
To each his own.
Posted via Mobile Device

Grass Etc
10-18-2010, 09:43 PM
The back of my leaf box is a hinged plywood.
I've seen other people do this on here. Do the leafs all come out or do you have to prop the door open?

Outdoors_Unlimited
10-18-2010, 09:54 PM
I like that double set up.
Posted via Mobile Device

chefdrp
10-18-2010, 10:23 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=331796

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-18-2010, 10:53 PM
I like it
Only thing is how do you fill it all the way up? Wouldnt it be more productive/beneficial if the outlet/shoot was higher up then it could load from bottom to top.....
you know what i mean?
dONT GET ME WRONG! Im just saying whats on my mind/ constructive criticism.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=331796

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=202442&stc=1&d=1287446809

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=202441&stc=1&d=1287446767

corey4671
10-18-2010, 11:03 PM
got started on mine today. still have to cut the boards for the front and then bolt everything together. Right now just have it held together with nails. Have a mesh tarp for the top. 13hp Billy Goat Loader will mount on the back. BY my calculations this should be 432 cu ft of space or roughly 16 yards

chefdrp
10-18-2010, 11:14 PM
12 feet. and just got to use it today. Got into it and packed the leaves down. I dumped onsite so didnt have to travel with leaves falling out. This season just seeing what works best.

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-19-2010, 07:37 AM
I like it our old setup was a tarp to cover the back which was HORRIBLE!
But the top door is locked by the bottom door. So we cant open the top door unless we open the bottom one first
But when we really fill it up it looks like a big @$$ Block of leaves
Heres a pic. of that lol We were having venting problems so i toook like 7 pics

The back of my leaf box is a hinged plywood.
I've seen other people do this on here. Do the leafs all come out or do you have to prop the door open?

Martinson9
10-19-2010, 06:08 PM
I like it our old setup was a tarp to cover the back which was HORRIBLE!
But the top door is locked by the bottom door. So we cant open the top door unless we open the bottom one first
But when we really fill it up it looks like a big @$$ Block of leaves
Heres a pic. of that lol We were having venting problems so i toook like 7 pics

How many cubic yards do you think that holds? How high are those sides? We have 4 foot plywood sides on top of our 2 foot trailer sides for a total of 20+ cubic yards.

Yours looks like it would hold a ton, but I'd be nervous with how tall it is.

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Honestly i really dont know how much it holds but if corey says his holds/should hold about 432 cu yrds
ours prob holds prob. almost double that!?
maybe in the 600 range idk!
I'll ask around and see....
I think the sides are 5ft or so on top of the trailer.
then prob like 4ft at the front
so its about 9-10 ft all together.
(my boss and father built it one weekend)

ahahah! But yeah its kinda weird pulling something behind you that is alot taller than you but once we get it rollin' you almost forget it back there with the exception that it is a dumb pintle hitch which all it does is bounce around.
since its tandem i can pull it with my z-71 if i really needed to.

How many cubic yards do you think that holds? How high are those sides? We have 4 foot plywood sides on top of our 2 foot trailer sides for a total of 20+ cubic yards.

Yours looks like it would hold a ton, but I'd be nervous with how tall it is.

corey4671
10-19-2010, 09:54 PM
go the box finished this afternoon and then got a call for mulch. Hope to get the loader on tomorrow evening or Thursday.

Darryl G
10-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Looks good Corey. Looks a lot like my trailer. Is that a Bri-Mar 12 footer?

corey4671
10-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Looks good Corey. Looks a lot like my trailer. Is that a Bri-Mar 12 footer?

Carry On HDX 12ft

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Anyone else?????? Leaves are falling!

EA Quinn
10-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Heres a shot of our new top on our box this year. We got tired of using a tarp, so made something a little bit more permanent. It all unbolts so we can re-use it next season. This goes on our roll-off truck with a tarco leaf sucker.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=202809&stc=1&d=1287836673

Green Industry Pro
10-23-2010, 01:39 PM
got started on mine today. still have to cut the boards for the front and then bolt everything together. Right now just have it held together with nails. Have a mesh tarp for the top. 13hp Billy Goat Loader will mount on the back. BY my calculations this should be 432 cu ft of space or roughly 16 yards

Awesome job...looks really nice

Green Industry Pro
10-23-2010, 01:42 PM
18'' intake
12'' exhaust

My gosh dude!!! That thing is a monster!!!!!!! You must be doing massive cleanups. How much did you pay for it and where'd you get it?

WHIPPLE5.7
10-23-2010, 02:41 PM
No money to be made in fall cleanups around here. The city has vac trucks running non stop. All people have to do halfassed rake the leaves out to curb and the city picks it all up for free. Good deal for homeowners but terrible for lawns guys.

beamslawnservice
10-23-2010, 03:36 PM
My gosh dude!!! That thing is a monster!!!!!!! You must be doing massive cleanups. How much did you pay for it and where'd you get it?

i bought it used from a guy in missouri i have $ 4500.00 in just the vac and about $ 5000.00 in the truck

ltlandscaping
10-25-2010, 03:46 PM
My dump truck converted to leaf removal rig. I follow with my pickup and enclosed trailer filled to the max with equipment. All the sticks wind up in the bed of the pickup.203012

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Looks good!
Why dont you pull the trailer with that truck?
(thats why most people choose that way to set up their loader.)
I bet some leaves fall back on the hood since that pipe is angles down like that lol but im sure thats int a big deal

My dump truck converted to leaf removal rig. I follow with my pickup and enclosed trailer filled to the max with equipment. All the sticks wind up in the bed of the pickup.203012

JohnnyRocker
10-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Great rigs guys! I only have an F-150 in my second year, and I was wondering if anyone had any clever ideas on how I could make the most out of it for leaf season. Oh...I do pull a 5 X 12 open trailer with it. Thanks a bunch!

robertsturf
10-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Very simple trailer set up with a 18hp BG

BlackBirdWS.6
10-25-2010, 11:47 PM
09 2500HD, TruckCraft dump, 16hp Giant Vac

sorry about the two sideways pics, i flipped them on my computer but can't get them to post the correct way

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Thats a ton of dust! i feel bad for your buddy there (I assume u took the picture)

What happened to the rear drivers side of the truck?

09 2500HD, TruckCraft dump, 16hp Giant Vac

sorry about the two sideways pics, i flipped them on my computer but can't get them to post the correct way

BlackBirdWS.6
10-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Thats a ton of dust! i feel bad for your buddy there (I assume u took the picture)

What happened to the rear drivers side of the truck?

Yea when the leaves are dry you get a ton of dust but what are you gunna do, but now we throw a tarp over the truck that covers the roof, doors, and a little bit of the hood which helps keep the truck clean.

Nothing happened to the truck, why do you ask?

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Ooh i just looked a little harder now it looks like some tape or something hangin' on the back drivers side....
I like wet leaves only bad thing is they weigh you down like a MO-FO!

Yea when the leaves are dry you get a ton of dust but what are you gunna do, but now we throw a tarp over the truck that covers the roof, doors, and a little bit of the hood which helps keep the truck clean.

Nothing happened to the truck, why do you ask?

BlackBirdWS.6
10-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Ooh i just looked a little harder now it looks like some tape or something hangin' on the back drivers side....
I like wet leaves only bad thing is they weigh you down like a MO-FO!

ooh their is a chain on the board of the dump to hold the hose up maybe thats what you saw?? yea if you get a ton of wet leaves and stomp em down and put more in theirs a ton of weight but the trucks really never been weighed down to much, gotta love them HD's :)

ltlandscaping
10-26-2010, 10:32 PM
I used to tow the trailer with the dump before I had the pickup. When it comes to dumping, I take the pipe out, pop the tailgate lever and raise the body without having to unhitch. Also, if a job takes more then one load, one guy can go dump and the rest of the crew can move on.
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackBirdWS.6
10-26-2010, 11:03 PM
yea their isn't really any guys around here pulling dump trailers with a box, hah the first one i can remember seeing around here was like two weeks ago, most people just throw a box on their truck and pull their equip. but i find that inconvenient, because if your vac is mounted on your trailer you have to take all of your equip to get leaf piles. but for us we if we need more room just keep going under the canvas and stomping it down, if we are on a job or we dump it but when it comes to our setup just swing away the vac, drop the tailgate and remove a back board and dump.

CTmower
10-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Finally finished the leaf rig this morning. 18hp Billy Goat Loader with a custom front mount!!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/knads06/photo-1.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/knads06/photo2-1.jpg

Texas Lawn
10-29-2010, 06:09 PM
heres my setup. I know, I know. Sometimes you just have to go all out

STIHL GUY
10-30-2010, 01:04 AM
heres this years rig

Martinson9
10-30-2010, 11:12 AM
The DOT and police aren't hassling you guys with the leaf loader mounted on the front of the truck? I'm assuming the only reason is so you don't have to unmount it for unloading.

I don't think I'd like that obstacle in the way while driving.

godzilla
10-31-2010, 08:48 AM
This is our rig.

STIHL GUY
10-31-2010, 05:58 PM
The DOT and police aren't hassling you guys with the leaf loader mounted on the front of the truck? I'm assuming the only reason is so you don't have to unmount it for unloading.

I don't think I'd like that obstacle in the way while driving.

no ones bothered me about it yet. with this setup i can also tow my trailer

CTmower
11-01-2010, 10:13 AM
My uncle and two good friends are cops in CT and they all said its legal as long as you can see the front license plate. The only thing that blocks my view is the exhaust pipe going up which is only 7" in diameter. Other then that I have a clear view of the road and doesnt bother me at all.

Groomer
11-01-2010, 10:50 AM
nice setups everyone!

STIHL GUY
11-01-2010, 11:09 AM
My uncle and two good friends are cops in CT and they all said its legal as long as you can see the front license plate. The only thing that blocks my view is the exhaust pipe going up which is only 7" in diameter. Other then that I have a clear view of the road and doesnt bother me at all.

my uncle is a cop in my town and he said he sees no problems with my setup. the license plate is locked so i may mount in on the front of the loader

robertsturf
11-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Really not any different than having a snow plow on the front. You can't see the tag with them on.

BlackBirdWS.6
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Really not any different than having a snow plow on the front. You can't see the tag with them on.

that is a very good point.

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-01-2010, 03:45 PM
First day of clean ups! Lookin good so far!

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I wonder how evenly that thing loads Seems to me like it wouldnt load the front (Closest to the cab) that well....

Heres a shot of our new top on our box this year. We got tired of using a tarp, so made something a little bit more permanent. It all unbolts so we can re-use it next season. This goes on our roll-off truck with a tarco leaf sucker.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=202809&stc=1&d=1287836673

Martinson9
11-01-2010, 09:48 PM

One big difference is that the snow plow doesn't obstruct your vision. From what everyone is saying the police don't care so I guess I wouldn't. We don't see anyone around here with it mounted to the front.

BlackBirdWS.6
11-02-2010, 04:17 AM
One big difference is that the snow plow doesn't obstruct your vision. From what everyone is saying the police don't care so I guess I wouldn't. We don't see anyone around here with it mounted to the front.

i've only seen one person with it mounted on the front around me but if you would get into a front end wreck with a blower on the front that would be ugly...

Darryl G
11-02-2010, 09:56 AM
It used to be very common to mount the vac on the front. It was pretty standard to have it mounted on a Fisher plow mount. These days I'm seeing more mounted on the tail gate. It is sweet to be able to nose right up to a pile, but the long horizontal rigid run of pipe can be a pain to clear if it clogs. I'm holding off mounting my leaf loader until after I'm done with full cleanups on my regular customers. After that I may mount mine on the rear of my dump trailer and go chase piles...or not.

stan the man
11-02-2010, 12:26 PM
I like it
Only thing is how do you fill it all the way up? Wouldnt it be more productive/beneficial if the outlet/shoot was higher up then it could load from bottom to top.....
you know what i mean?
dONT GET ME WRONG! Im just saying whats on my mind/ constructive criticism.

it look like don't hold much

STIHL GUY
11-02-2010, 10:29 PM
heres one more

stan the man
11-02-2010, 10:38 PM
heres one more

i like that but in Maine. we cant have thing in front of truck. we would be stop by the cops and ticket

lawnprosteveo
11-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Just got this built this weekend. I took all the inconveniences from last year and fixed them....I hope! Anyway....this is the best leaf rig I could come up with for this year.

corey4671
11-03-2010, 01:12 AM
ran my first load through it this week

corey4671
11-03-2010, 01:17 AM
few more pics from this week

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Thats the same way we get our leaves out!
How does your box load?? good?
Im only asking because the discharge pipe is on a slant/slope going down...
Nice set up man!
I really like those trailers with the side ramp! For this reason

I wonder you could have put chains on the end of the gate.....(after you lift the gate like 5in. So its equal with the rest of the trailer)
and extended the box all the way out
to get more room in your box.....

I dont think the cops would mind..... prob would just have to all some more tow lights on the side or somethin.

Just got this built this weekend. I took all the inconveniences from last year and fixed them....I hope! Anyway....this is the best leaf rig I could come up with for this year.

Darryl G
11-03-2010, 09:18 AM
wow Corey....no back door on that? Looks more like a chipper setup. Don't you get a lot of crud blowing back at you out the back?

corey4671
11-03-2010, 09:49 AM
wow Corey....no back door on that? Looks more like a chipper setup. Don't you get a lot of crud blowing back at you out the back?

Not really. But i do have an extra mesh tarp that i think i'm going to use on the back. i contemplated making barn doors with plywood but opted to see how this works first.
Posted via Mobile Device

2brothersyardcare
11-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I wonder how evenly that thing loads Seems to me like it wouldnt load the front (Closest to the cab) that well....

he has a massive leaf loader

lawnprosteveo
11-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Thats the same way we get our leaves out!
How does your box load?? good?
Im only asking because the discharge pipe is on a slant/slope going down...
Nice set up man!
I really like those trailers with the side ramp! For this reason

I wonder you could have put chains on the end of the gate.....(after you lift the gate like 5in. So its equal with the rest of the trailer)
and extended the box all the way out
to get more room in your box.....

I dont think the cops would mind..... prob would just have to all some more tow lights on the side or somethin.Worked it for the 1st time today. It loads fine. The only uneven part in the box is right underneath the discharge nozzle. Not a big deal though. Maybe something I can tweak next year.

Your idea with the chains is a pretty good one. I dont know that I want to be that long though. Ive got alot of tight areas I get in and out of. It would give me alot more volume though.

The side ramp is really great. It is nice to have some space to carry a mower or a push blower.

As with all things...its a work in progress but it is getting the job done so far.

yardmanlee
11-04-2010, 09:13 PM
it was raining today I got to work on mine a little bit more today we are about 2 more weeks before it is wide open, so I got a little time, I still have to put the door on and tarp other than that its about ready then put the leaf plow on the mower and good to go!

LR3
11-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Here's mine :)

blk90s13
11-05-2010, 02:03 AM
nice looking setup everyone

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Nice im assuming u have vents on the sides?
How do u know when its filled up?
Or do u just open the door?

stan the man
11-05-2010, 09:17 AM

new england what part

LR3
11-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Nice im assuming u have vents on the sides?
How do u know when its filled up?
Or do u just open the door?

The roof consists of two pieces with large squares cut out and layered with several different sizes of mesh screen. I can do 5 large properties before needing to empty and if I must have a look I just move the red tube to the side and look down. It's a very good set up, it enables me to tow the mower, blowers and rakes as well as haul the loader.
Posted via Mobile Device

LR3
11-05-2010, 05:22 PM
new england what part

I'm in eastern CT.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

stan the man
11-05-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm in eastern CT.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

your box is like my. but i have vacuum on the back of the box. in maine we can not have the vacuum in the front of the truck.they say it blocks the drivers view. good set up.

LR3
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
your box is like my. but i have vacuum on the back of the box. in maine we can not have the vacuum in the front of the truck.they say it blocks the drivers view. good set up.

Thank you! I understand where they're coming from, if I travelled with it, it would block my view. I actually wrote a review about it before on here. I break it down removing the pipe and stack so only the loader is on front, the rest gets strapped down on the trailer. From the drivers seat you can't even see it. I use a Weber grill cover with two bungee cords to cover it while in transit to help protect it from the elements as well as kicked up stones.
Posted via Mobile Device

LR3
11-05-2010, 05:54 PM
The first pic is how I started with fall clean ups. It didn't work well for me because I could'nt tow with it on the back. The second pic is what it looks like while in transit.

yardmanlee
11-05-2010, 07:15 PM
The first pic is how I started with fall clean ups. It didn't work well for me because I could'nt tow with it on the back. The second pic is what it looks like while in transit.

where do you put the hose and discharge shoot while in transit?

LR3
11-05-2010, 09:10 PM
where do you put the hose and discharge shoot while in transit?

I strap them onto the trailer. In the pic with the front set up I had to unhook the trailer to get to his house. His driveway was too narrow. I'll post a pic this Monday or Tuesday of what it looks like.
Posted via Mobile Device

mowZ06
11-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Poor mans set up, actually I have only 2 accounts out of 65 that requires leaf removal, so I can not justify a big rig set up. Some nice set ups on here. Im lucky all the rest have curb/city pick up. I got 10 dumps on this load with my mower.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics062.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics061.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics058.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics057.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics056.jpg
and we are done in two hours with a small office building.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/landscapepics055.jpg

bmoorefield
11-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I just purchased an 18 hp Billygoat and tailgate mounted it to a 14' dump trailer. Has anybody had any concern with debris landing on the exhaust and causing a fire? With all the dust and misc. leaves flying around I thought that could be an issue.

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-06-2010, 07:15 PM
The dust and leaves falling on the Leaf loader's exhaust?
Never had a problem with it nor do i have big leaves falling from the sky....
I never really worry about it because theres a guard on mine....
you'll be fine!

I just purchased an 18 hp Billygoat and tailgate mounted it to a 14' dump trailer. Has anybody had any concern with debris landing on the exhaust and causing a fire? With all the dust and misc. leaves flying around I thought that could be an issue.

STIHL GUY
11-06-2010, 09:09 PM

when my vac was mounted on the back i had a lot of blowout coming out the back before i perfected the box and once it started a small fire and melted part of the plastic cap for the oil. but i put it out with gatorade that was in the truck

Martinson9
11-06-2010, 09:19 PM

We have a very similar setup. We get blow by on the trailer and sometimes it lands on the muffler. The good part is as long as they are pretty small parts they instantly burn and you shouldn't have to worry about a fire. We probably should have a fire extinguisher just in case.

One time I had some leaves get caught up in my Z and start on fire. I quick grabbed a back pack and blew all the debris out. Fortunately my mower didn't catch on fire and crisis was averted.

godzilla
11-06-2010, 11:55 PM
A fire extinguisher is a cheap purchase, and should be on the truck anyway.

LR3
11-06-2010, 11:58 PM
A fire extinguisher is a cheap purchase, and should be on the truck anyway.

Yes, definitely a good buy. It's actually the law in CT.
Posted via Mobile Device

stan the man
11-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Yes, definitely a good buy. It's actually the law in CT.
Posted via Mobile Device

here in Maine to last week i got stop dot. in new f450 got a ticket for not having the fire extinguisher mounted

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-07-2010, 08:47 AM
here in Maine to last week i got stop dot. in new f450 got a ticket for not having the fire extinguisher mounted

I got one because mine didnt work it was like empty but i didnt have to pay for the ticket just had to show a police station within 7days

stan the man
11-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I got one because mine didnt work it was like empty but i didnt have to pay for the ticket just had to show a police station within 7days

he was looking for anything to give more tickets. my words to him it a new truck. i have had it 90 days . he said be surprise what i can find in new truck. i said to not surprise

bmoorefield
11-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I agree Godzilla, I will be getting one this week. Its something that I have been putting off anyway. Thanks for the heads up!

Darryl G
11-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Poor mans set up, actually I have only 2 accounts out of 65 that requires leaf removal, so I can not justify a big rig set up. Some nice set ups on here. Im lucky all the rest have curb/city pick up. I got 10 dumps on this load with my mower.

Looks like a giant leaf enchilada, lol.

MOW ED
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Here is mine. I just dump on the curb and away they go. All for free.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=36442

Have fun.

wrgrounds
11-09-2010, 03:03 AM
Here's Mine

LR3
11-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Here's Mine

Nice set up
Posted via Mobile Device

yardmanlee
11-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Here's Mine

just curious, when driving does the discharge tube slide back?

wrgrounds
11-09-2010, 10:27 AM
just curious, when driving does the discharge tube slide back?

I have four eye bolts, 2 on the loader discharge and 2 on the extension tube. I stretch a small bungee between these to hold it on when in use. When I am done I just take the bungees off and slide the tube out and lay it in the box on the trailer. Very simple set up, and don't have to worry about the discharge when turning corners.
To dump I just unhook the trailer, push the lever down behind the cab door to release the bottom of the back door and dump.

Jelinek61
11-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Nice setups everyone

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey what material is that???
Almost looks like dry wall......

Here's Mine

wrgrounds
11-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Hey what material is that???
Almost looks like dry wall......

My secret is plywood. Actually the front and back are wafer board from a box I built 9 years ago. My real secret is that I found a brand of tractor paint that is really thick and almost plastic like when it dries. I use 2 coats of this to keep the rain and sun from damaging the wood. Like I said the front and back are wafer board from a box I used for 9 years and it still looks new. Also I use a lot of vinyl lettering and found that I can buy the same color Race car tin to put the letters on and then screw it to the plywood. The lettering for the box sides cost me $4.00 per line.

Green Industry Pro
11-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Here's Mine

Nice setup/pics!

russ and sons
11-19-2010, 03:33 AM
i went fromn a 11 hp billygoat to this 16 hp giant vac. major upgrade, would have saved $500 last year in dump fees if i had this one. much better on shredding leaves.

Russ

lawnprosteveo
11-19-2010, 12:11 PM
That is a huge box on your truck. Does it cause any instability when its full? Ive been considering a dump insert along with a box like that one. Not sure how big I can build it before it becomes unsafe...

Martinson9
11-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Love the Hartford Whalers Logo!

Martinson9
11-19-2010, 01:33 PM
It looks like he isn't mulching those down before he loads them so I don't think his loads are too heavy. We mulch all our leaves prior to vacuuming them up. When we load those onto our dump trailer it gets pretty heavy so I'd be concerned then.

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Those are deff. not mulched
For the past few years i have always just blew and pushed the leaves to the loader with a WB blower and ZTR's but this year i am using my lazor with the Utra Vac
OMG it is great!
We get more space in our truck with it this way!
Gets shredded like 7 times
3 times in the mower (i guess) since there are 3 blades
then we load them with the BG leaf loader.....
Another couple times....

Darryl G
11-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Those are deff. not mulched
For the past few years i have always just blew and pushed the leaves to the loader with a WB blower and ZTR's but this year i am using my lazor with the Utra Vac
OMG it is great!
We get more space in our truck with it this way!
Gets shredded like 7 times
3 times in the mower (i guess) since there are 3 blades
then we load them with the BG leaf loader.....
Another couple times....

Yeah but it can make them kind of stubborn coming out when you dump...leaf bricks, lol

russ and sons
11-19-2010, 10:06 PM
That is a huge box on your truck. Does it cause any instability when its full? Ive been considering a dump insert along with a box like that one. Not sure how big I can build it before it becomes unsafe...

U may see the strap i have on front of box. I use that when its empty, it doesn't seat well in dump cradle, so it wabbles a bit . When it's full , no problems on wobbling, just squatting,lol

Leaves were from back yard, 36 inch gate, we tarped them out because not worth taking in mower. I usually use my 60 z to mulch them up too .

I added 2 feet to top of box because the dump charges by truck size , not cubic yards. mine holds about 14 cubic yards.

Russ

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Yeah but it can make them kind of stubborn coming out when you dump...leaf bricks, lol

yeah well i just use the pallet and chain tech. and once i pull the pallet the leaf brick comes right out then everything else i just sweep out!

Unless i use the dump truck (i only use that if the trailer is down.. or full

lawnprosteveo
11-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Love the Hartford Whalers Logo!Yeah, old school hockey lover.

lawnprosteveo
11-20-2010, 06:17 PM
U may see the strap i have on front of box. I use that when its empty, it doesn't seat well in dump cradle, so it wabbles a bit . When it's full , no problems on wobbling, just squatting,lol

Leaves were from back yard, 36 inch gate, we tarped them out because not worth taking in mower. I usually use my 60 z to mulch them up too .

I added 2 feet to top of box because the dump charges by truck size , not cubic yards. mine holds about 14 cubic yards.

RussThats great...my box on my trailer figures just over 280 cubic ft which I guess is just a bit over 10 yards.

Davedogwood
11-21-2010, 04:59 AM
20hp loader, been using a vac setup like this on trucks for about 25yrs always works great and never clogs. holds just about 20yds. never been stopped for having it on front, does obstruct view in one spot but it's a pain to break it down every time you move the truck. If I have to take off up tube it's just two quick bolts.

93Chevy
11-21-2010, 02:26 PM
20hp loader, been using a vac setup like this on trucks for about 25yrs always works great and never clogs. holds just about 20yds. never been stopped for having it on front, does obstruct view in one spot but it's a pain to break it down every time you move the truck. If I have to take off up tube it's just two quick bolts.

Looks like a very effective and efficient setup. Not the prettiest, but I'd bet you can get a lot done during the day with that.

On another note, how do all you guys in CT not bump into each other daily?...your state's so small, I mean, you must all have tight coverage areas.

Davedogwood
11-21-2010, 03:20 PM
no not the prettiest(but thats alright).........but I'm big on efficiency. the loader used to be a tow behind, when I downsized a bit I went to a one truck setup. We have a lot of trees out here and proccess lots of leaves.

XLS
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM
after the season we will pst pics of our stuff , everyones looks good to me .

lawnprosteveo
11-21-2010, 06:34 PM

Wow! That thing is a beast! I love it...where can I get mine!

fastpine
11-28-2010, 09:35 PM
I rarely see leaf loaders out here in the southwest...We just rake onto tarps and put it in the trailer.

corey4671
11-29-2010, 12:22 AM

I see you're back! :waving:

Juan91
11-29-2010, 12:36 AM
we just use our 12'open trailer and stomp and load the leaves in on tarps.all by hand and all unloaded by hand, doesn't take long with a pitchfork.

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Im not trying to be mean or anything....im just wondering.....
Why do you choose to post pics after the season??

Ahhh i get it u want a chance to clean it all up and make it nice and shinny!
hah just kidding!

yardmanlee
11-30-2010, 08:27 PM
anyone having trouble w/ the leaves coming out after they sit for a day or 2? Im thinking I will have to dump daily whether its full or not, and btw my bed goes really high, the problem is that the vac chews them up really fine and they are starting to decompose quick

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-30-2010, 08:52 PM
u got wet leaves! (sounds like)
or moist

I never have this problem with salt... but i just jerk the truck a little bit......like forward fast then stop or vice versa.......
i dont usually load leaves into my dump. unless my pick up is full but when i do load it up they sometimes sit for a couple days or so not too much of a problem....

anyone having trouble w/ the leaves coming out after they sit for a day or 2? Im thinking I will have to dump daily whether its full or not, and btw my bed goes really high, the problem is that the vac chews them up really fine and they are starting to decompose quick

Keith Gordon
12-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Grass ETC that is wild! crazzy I would not want to back that up into my driveway!

modedicebox
12-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Here is our Leaf setup this year. The most efficient setup for us thus far.
Ferris walks with gators, br600 blowers, 42" Walker GHS, 18hp Giant Vac
Removed front cage and slide on 8ft Bri Mar dump insert.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/modedicebox/fuso2.jpg

Jelinek61
12-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Thats a cool setup modedicebox. any more pics of your equipment?

modedicebox
12-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Thats a cool setup modedicebox. any more pics of your equipment?

Thanks man, I have some...I'll get some shots this winter as we are putting things away for the season.

mowingtowing
12-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Here are two pics of our main leaf clean-up rig.
14' PJ dump trailer (14k rated)
6' total add. sides (4' semi permanent and 2' "leaf sides")
20 hp Billy Goat 12" intake leaf vac
We mostly use a slew of Echo 6/750 backpacks, tarps and rakes
On larger properties we Little Wonders to help out but nearly always keep two tarps moving at all times.

The Billy Goat is an older "QL" series loader which is phenomenal with dry leaves but isnt so hot with wet leaves. Had to buy it in the middle of the season last year (used, from a guy on a Sunday) due to my 16hp Giant Vac impeller cracking and failing). I bought a new 18hp Giant Vac (10" hose) for our second smaller dump trailer, but we really only use it when we run two crews for leaf work or if the leaves are wet. The Billy Goat will fill (damn near pack) the trailer in about 45 min of continuous sucking with dry leaves, where as the 16 hp Giant Vac would take nearly 2 hours. The trailer as it is set up now will hold about 26 cu yd of leaves. Average load at the dump is from 4500 to 6500lbs

XLS
12-09-2010, 03:50 PM
no problem , our season came fast and hard. I missed the startup of the thread this year and then after the GIE louisville we cam back to 80% leaves dropped so it will be after christmas before all our machines are back in the shops . nothing will be cleaned up or new .

J-Man
12-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Looking at putting together a set up...14' dump trailer with billy goat. A few questions to you guys that already have experience with them.

Do you guys with a 14' dump trailer bumper pull have any issues when the trailer is loaded with leaves, mulch or dirt? Would you buy a bumper pull again or goose neck? I'd prefer a bumper pull, so any of our trucks could pull it.
We're looking into a 14' dump trailer, with 2' sides. I was going to add plywood on the front/sides/back to extend it another 4', giving 6' overall.

The loader...I'd rather have the loader on the front of the dump trailer, as not to have to move it and it can be permanently mounted. Do you guys have a problem with the rear of the trailer getting loaded too much and the trailer becoming wobbly when you're driving down the road. Pros or cons on mounting on the front or rear...or just personal preference

Noticed 2 different types of vac..Billy Goat and Giant Vac..what should I look for when purchasing.

All you guys have awesome setups!

Thank you in advance for any feedback or suggestions.

robertsturf
12-11-2010, 01:21 PM
First off I wouldn't pull a trailer that size with a bumper hitch. If you have a draw-tite type hitch under the bumper that would work. Mounting the loader on the front of the trailer will work best if you have enough clearance with the back of your truck. Remember you will have to turn with the trailer both forward and backing up. So measure the loader and the distance you have between your truck and trailer. Also if you leave your hose attached to the loader discharge that will give you less room. I decided to mount mine to the barn doors on our trailer to make it simpler this year. Next year I will move it to the front but mount it with the discharge pointing to the side instead of the front. Hope this helps.

KPZ Enterprises
12-24-2010, 11:09 AM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/kzim61/1121101143a-1.jpg
this is our leaf rig, 82"X12ft appalachian dumper.

Cashmonysonny
12-27-2010, 05:37 PM

J-Man
12-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Anyone using the Billygoat 25hp Subaru motor?? Feedback?? Most of our equipment has Honda motors. I've never owned a Subaru motor and looking for feedback before we invest in.

7879fordplower
09-03-2011, 01:13 PM
how well do the plywood sides hold up to all that power? I have a similar loader that I need to build a box for and am worried about blowing the sides out of it, and how has it held up over the years? I don't want to rebuild it very season.

blk90s13
09-03-2011, 02:38 PM
how well do the plywood sides hold up to all that power? I have a similar loader that I need to build a box for and am worried about blowing the sides out of it, and how has it held up over the years? I don't want to rebuild it very season.

I would like to know as well, I will build a box for my dump insert soon

cuttin-to-the-Max
09-03-2011, 03:38 PM

I Say build it good the first time!!! May take a little longer but it wil pay off in the long run! We Build ours like a House! So its held up pretty good for us. Would you believe this rig is already 5 years old?
Use good material and nice brass screws and reenforced the corners and walls where the boards meet!

Also If you vent your box right the walls wont explode. But with a 26hp you can really do some damage! So we have made a couple changes to ours! On the top of the trailer its all covered in wood. So our vents are on the sides as shown. But we just added a "Funny Car Style" Vent on the top of it.
So when the loader is turned on The Flap on the top of the box goes up (by air pressure from the loader) Then when we pull off the flap goes back down.

Found a sketch of the box before we made it.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=202379&stc=1&d=1287363786

MOW ED
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I give you guys credit that have to haul leaves. That is an impressive set-up. I am glad I don't haul any leaves. Just grind them or push them to the curb for the city pick up. Leaf season is a coming.

cuttin-to-the-Max
09-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I give you guys credit that have to haul leaves. That is an impressive set-up. I am glad I don't haul any leaves. Just grind them or push them to the curb for the city pick up. Leaf season is a coming.

Hhahah yeah! they do that here too, but thankfully only in like one city

XLS
09-03-2011, 05:26 PM
They have decided to add a $90 k Vac truck to the citys equipment in our town so I am curious how it will effect us this year. In other towns we have seen drops in the "cleanup only accounts" for a year or 2 before they start comming back to us.
There is always an edge when you can clean them up the day they ask for it other then 3 weeks later.
We shall see

yardmanlee
09-04-2011, 10:12 AM
the one we built 4 yrs ago we still use, like (cuttin to the max) says build it like a house the first time and you wont have any problems,
after building mine w/ pressure treated wood I gave it about 3 coats of paint, still looks good

mtchockey30
11-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Great stuff a lot of help

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Its a new Season! Post NEW PICS! :)

agent walker
11-08-2011, 10:21 PM
01 isuzu frr dump with parker leaf loader and 18ft trailer with 2 2009 walkers with 48in and 52in decks and stihl br600 backpack blower

Kelly's Landscaping
11-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Ill have some soon enough but ran into a snag today my 2nd vac has been sitting out side and it seems I have a mouse nest in the engine. Ill know tomorrow if it still runs or needs some serious work.

Glenn Lawn Care
11-09-2011, 12:42 AM
I put a box on my trailer this year instead of my truck. I have been doing alot of hunting and need my truck bed. With the box om my trailer I can only haul one mower and well today that mower broke down on me and I was 25 minutes away from my house and I had to come back and get my other mower in the middle of doing a clean up.

DieselHolic
11-09-2011, 10:28 AM
I want a shorty cab over dump so bad with a steel mesh leaf box to place in the dump bed, just cant decide on a leaf loader.

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-10-2011, 08:51 AM
I want a shorty cab over dump so bad with a steel mesh leaf box to place in the dump bed, just cant decide on a leaf loader.

the rule of thumb with leaf loaders is: "Get the biggest one you can afford!"

cuttingedge13
11-12-2011, 11:02 PM

Not pretty! But it works good for a prototype. I'm also sure it will be wiped off the truck at the fast food drive through.

madness0827
11-13-2011, 02:53 PM
My setup this year

RSK Property Maintenance
11-13-2011, 03:37 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/ryan818/photobucket-14623-1321148396561.jpg
There's my leaf setup for this year, should work much better then loading that truck by hand
Posted via Mobile Device

DieselHolic
11-14-2011, 12:56 PM
the rule of thumb with leaf loaders is: "Get the biggest one you can afford!"

I'll keep that in mind, i like your style!

jackedf150
11-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Heres our 4500

nightshutter
11-15-2011, 12:58 PM
heres my setup. I know, I know. Sometimes you just have to go all out

Add some tarps and a garbage can to that and thats mine. I don't think I've ever seen setups like you guys have in my area.

FLD350
11-15-2011, 08:45 PM
heres this years rig

How did you build that box for your pickup. I just got a leaf vac and I have and F350 pickup that I need to make a box for, but I have no clue whatsoever what I am doing. Never had a leaf vac before or had to make a box.

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Heres our 4500

NOw thats a bad ass rig! love those billy goats too. i have one!

SDLandscapes VT
11-16-2011, 09:17 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69868800@N02/6352155192/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69868800@N02/6351409927/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69868800@N02/6352153694/

SDLandscapes VT
11-16-2011, 09:18 PM
apparently doesn t like flikr

SDLandscapes VT
11-16-2011, 09:31 PM

jwsland
11-18-2011, 01:51 AM
Heres mine. Billy Goat 18hp.

bmoorefield
11-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

cuttin-to-the-Max
11-19-2011, 04:44 PM
anyone use a mini garbage truck??? Im thinking about buying one!

SDLandscapes VT
11-19-2011, 04:59 PM
where my inlaws live in Wisconsin they use garbage trucks with these tag-along ramps. they have a broom/plow hybrid on the front of the vehicle they use for plowing city walks and they plow up the ramp into the garbage truck--then compact with the truck...seems pretty slick

corey4671
11-19-2011, 10:12 PM

corey4671
11-19-2011, 10:16 PM

Kelly's Landscaping
11-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Our set up this year is 2 leaf trucks one with a tow behind the other a custom swing away and one of our cutting trailers with up to 6 back packs.

Kelly's Landscaping
11-21-2011, 07:54 PM
A few more fleet shots.

Kelly's Landscaping
11-21-2011, 08:05 PM
For the tow behind I made 2 heavy chains that I put on when I am about to vac up a pile they allow me to back up while preventing the vac from turning in either direction. Other wise they jack knife so quickly you would snap we got to try it for the first time today and it worked great. To bad a hydro pump went on one of my lazers and we managed to bump into a fuel pump on the tow away and break it. Some days I wish I stayed home. With our set up we expect to finish our clean ups in about 4 weeks and we should bring in 25-30k. We leave the box on for spring clean ups on the gmc but the new rams will come off this fall when we finish.

corey4671
11-21-2011, 09:27 PM
For the tow behind I made 2 heavy chains that I put on when I am about to vac up a pile they allow me to back up while preventing the vac from turning in either direction. Other wise they jack knife so quickly you would snap we got to try it for the first time today and it worked great. To bad a hydro pump went on one of my lazers and we managed to bump into a fuel pump on the tow away and break it. Some days I wish I stayed home. With our set up we expect to finish our clean ups in about 4 weeks and we should bring in 25-30k. We leave the box on for spring clean ups on the gmc but the new rams will come off this fall when we finish.

that is a slick swing away you have on the GMC. I really like that!

lbmd1
11-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Hey Dieselholic, you talking about something like this? We love it, mesh sides with plywood backing for leaf season. And 4 wheel drive to boot!

Mike

Kelly's Landscaping
11-25-2011, 11:46 PM
The negative part of that set up is the gas station trip once a week and that was $380 today Ouch

DieselHolic
11-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Hey Dieselholic, you talking about something like this? We love it, mesh sides with plywood backing for leaf season. And 4 wheel drive to boot!

Mike

Yes!!! That is awesome. I want to find one badly next spring/summer. Wanna sell it haha.
I'm sure it's quite handy. How do you like Plowin with it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Puddle of Oil
11-26-2011, 12:19 AM
A few more fleet shots.

What year is that GM? How's it holding up for you?

Kelly's Landscaping
11-26-2011, 01:12 AM
The gm is an 89 diesel shes in pretty good shape but that's probably from all the money iv sunk into her over the last 9 years. I plan on keeping her for another 3-4 years I am slowly upgrading the fleet to all brand new trucks and the gm will be the last to be replaced.

lbmd1
11-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Its a 5 speed and it's a bit tiring to shift with a 9 ft blade on front, but its good for parking lots and pushing back piles.

nightshutter
11-26-2011, 09:24 PM

Mike

WOW! theres my dream

lbmd1
11-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Nightshutter, this was my dream truck as well for many years. Rarely do you ever see them for sale used because everyone that has one, loves them. I just picked it up 2 years ago for an amazing price of $13,500 cash. Had only 65k miles on it too. Finally karma had me at the right time, right place and some spare cash in the savings. We just picked up a 2 wheel drive version of the same truck for another great deal of $5500 with 75k on it just a few days ago. Both are in mint condition. I love these cabovers!

Mike

SDLandscapes VT
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
there is some rumor that the new ones are available 4 x 4 with auto tranny....can anyone substantiate this??

Jelinek61
11-27-2011, 03:54 PM
A few more fleet shots.

Nice new dodge. Is it a 3500?

Kelly's Landscaping
11-27-2011, 04:23 PM
No she is a 4500 an easy way to tell is the 4500 and 5500s have a plastic fender in the front that allows the wheels to stick out an extra 3 inches on each side.

bostindave
12-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Our 2 set ups for fall leaf clean ups.

Puddle of Oil
12-11-2011, 06:27 PM
How do you like towing two trailers?

bostindave
12-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Puddle of Oil - We only work in town and tow double trailers for short hops, otherwise we use our F250 w dump insert to tow the truckloader trailer. The truckloader is light enough that we disconnect it from the dump trailer for backing up or manuvering in tight spots.

cuttin-to-the-Max
12-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Our 2 set ups for fall leaf clean ups.

Nice setup! Why not just mount the loader on the front of the trailer??
Either way i like it. Just figured there was a specific reason. Also i dont think you need a plate on the mini trailer if it has a loader on it. At least in MI you dont! (thats only if the loader stays on the trailer at all times.

bostindave
12-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Nice setup! Why not just mount the loader on the front of the trailer??
Either way i like it. Just figured there was a specific reason. Also i dont think you need a plate on the mini trailer if it has a loader on it. At least in MI you dont! (thats only if the loader stays on the trailer at all times.

Thanks.

In Mass we have to put a plate on anything with tires that is towable. The loader is about 400 lbs and it is better for us to have the flexibility to move it around or tow on a separate truck. Plus the loader with the hose and all would stick out too far on the front of the trailer and crush against any truck we tow with when cornering. Just finishing up our season here....have done 153 cleanups in the last 4 weeks! With the Oct 28 snow storm taking down tons of limbs and trees it has been a hell of a fall......glad its winding down.

cuttin-to-the-Max
12-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks.

In Mass we have to put a plate on anything with tires that is towable. The loader is about 400 lbs and it is better for us to have the flexibility to move it around or tow on a separate truck. Plus the loader with the hose and all would stick out too far on the front of the trailer and crush against any truck we tow with when cornering. Just finishing up our season here....have done 153 cleanups in the last 4 weeks! With the Oct 28 snow storm taking down tons of limbs and trees it has been a hell of a fall......glad its winding down.

nicee! yeah thats one thing about having our loader on the tongue, no TIGHT turns

andyslawncare
12-12-2011, 09:13 PM
here's our's

awesome!!!

andyslawncare
12-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Some days I wish I stayed home. .

I can second that! You don't win if you don't play though... bad days are a part of the game

Darryl G
12-14-2011, 07:11 PM
My cleanup rig varies depending on what's on the schedule for the day. This was what I ran today.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Wow those green barrels almost look new Darryl they even have the original metal handles. You ought to see my surviving 3 of them *shivers* I think one even has an intact bottom. Most have holes cut in under they metal hoop for handles now. But yours look sweet.

Darryl G
12-15-2011, 12:19 PM
I crimp the handles on as soon as I get them. One barrel has a hole worn through the bottom. I keep 2 folded up cordura nylon tarps in the bottom of the bottom one to keep them from getting stuck together.

Do you think I need to get a bigger trailer for my mower...I'm afraid I might be overloading it.:nono:

Kelly's Landscaping
12-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Depends I think your using it to cart the leaves away so it probably is the right size. Our standard load was a 36 tthp with an accelerator bagger. A 60 or 52 inch lazer with a trac vac system. One fradan 18hp self propelled blower one of our jrco leaf plows. 2 weed wackers and 4-5 br 600s depending on the crew size. 10 gallons of gas 5 gallons of 2 cycle 2 barrels a few saws and loppers and sometimes hedge trimmers for decorative grasses. And a few pitch forks rakes shovels and stuff like that. And then 2 20hp leaf vacs with leaf box trucks. We used the truck pulling the trailer for sticks and somedays we would come home with yards of sticks.

Darryl G
12-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Depends I think your using it to cart the leaves away so it probably is the right size. Our standard load was a 36 tthp with an accelerator bagger. A 60 or 52 inch lazer with a trac vac system. One fradan 18hp self propelled blower one of our jrco leaf plows. 2 weed wackers and 4-5 br 600s depending on the crew size. 10 gallons of gas 5 gallons of 2 cycle 2 barrels a few saws and loppers and sometimes hedge trimmers for decorative grasses. And a few pitch forks rakes shovels and stuff like that. And then 2 20hp leaf vacs with leaf box trucks. We used the truck pulling the trailer for sticks and somedays we would come home with yards of sticks.

I was being sarcastic about the trailer not being being enough for my 21 incher. Usually it's either the landscape trailer with both mowers for the on-site disposal jobs or my Z in the dump for the haul aways. I ended up not needing either the mower or the dump trailer for the 2 jobs I was loaded for in the pictures. A neighbor actually wanted me to dump the leaves on their property, lol. I do have a leaf vac but haven't mounted it in a few years...I'd rather pick up with the mower.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-15-2011, 07:43 PM
You have your sense of humor I have mine also your signature lists all your toys so I knew you used more then a 21. But you did say that was the set up for the day so perhaps it was a small gate back yard and you left the big boys at home.

Darryl G
12-15-2011, 08:00 PM
You have your sense of humor I have mine also your signature lists all your toys so I knew you used more then a 21. But you did say that was the set up for the day so perhaps it was a small gate back yard and you left the big boys at home.

The place is 95% pavers, beds and swimming pool and 5% grass...about a 5 foot wide strip 40 feet long. It didn't need a mow though.

NEUSWEDE
12-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Well better late than never. Here is my rig. the body on the F650 is a roll off so I can switch between leaf body and dump body quick.

blk90s13
12-15-2011, 09:47 PM
That truck is HUGE

Darryl G
12-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah, it makes that trailer look tiny, lol.

lkendall
04-23-2012, 11:12 AM
i need one by fall!

lazor-cut
04-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Anyone interested??? Its For sale! lol We get looks all the time but it hauls @$$!
A dude spun out on his motor cycle last year from looking so hard! :dizzy:
Bottom pic is kinda how it looked when we bought it.
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=246267&stc=1&d=1335134048
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=246266&stc=1&d=1335134048

NLS1
10-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Well better late than never. Here is my rig. the body on the F650 is a roll off so I can switch between leaf body and dump body quick.

Old thread, but hubba hubba, love that setup!

I thinks my 5500 Dodge dump truck has weight class envy! :weightlifter:

Thanks for posting everyone, I think I am gonna make some changes to mine, and will post pictures later if I can remember.

Dan

JContracting
10-10-2012, 10:46 PM
For those that have sides and/or boxes in the back of their trucks. How do you fasten them down? Also, do any of you have closer up inside pictures of the framing of it?

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-11-2012, 05:54 AM
For those that have sides and/or boxes in the back of their trucks. How do you fasten them down? Also, do any of you have closer up inside pictures of the framing of it?

Most trucks have stake pockets with holes through them......
Slide the wood in, put 2 washers on the bolt, screw it in and now the box will catch on the lip of your stake pockets if it wants to lift up or slide out
Posted via Mobile Device

JContracting
10-11-2012, 02:09 PM
For those that have the signs on their boxes/sides, where did you get them made? I'd want my company logo on them and text stating "spring/fall clean ups" then phone number on them. I did some online searching but didn't find much.

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-11-2012, 10:57 PM
For those that have the signs on their boxes/sides, where did you get them made? I'd want my company logo on them and text stating "spring/fall clean ups" then phone number on them. I did some online searching but didn't find much.

Am i the only one here?!?!
Or the only one nice enough to respond....

Find a local sign shop or Car Wrapping, decal mAking shop...
Only bad thing about having wooden sides is Decals wont stick to it. Therefore you will have to have a sign made out of corrugated plastic (I call it plastic poster board)

I've used buildasign.com for banners and they turned out GREATTTTT! So you could try them. But my local sign shop has Lettered all of our truck, trailers, leaf boxes, Skid steers and everything...

JContracting
10-12-2012, 12:55 AM
I think some of both lol. Yes, that is the down side of woodsides that magnets don't work, magnets are very easy to get designed and created. Ill take a look into build a sign.com. thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

CTmower
10-14-2012, 01:56 PM
This is last years setup but I'll be sticking with it for the next couple years. Only thing I changed was I went with a larger diameter drainage pipe, the 6" pipe got clogged way too much. I'm now using a 10" pipe and I was clog free last year.

WJC
10-14-2012, 02:19 PM

I use a couple C-clamps to hold the box down to the top of the bed. This has worked fine for the past few years.

WJC
10-14-2012, 02:28 PM
This is last years setup but I'll be sticking with it for the next couple years. Only thing I changed was I went with a larger diameter drainage pipe, the 6" pipe got clogged way too much. I'm now using a 10" pipe and I was clog free last year.

I'm baffled by how this drainage pipe is not sagging, what was holding it striaght? Yeah, I bet it did clog a bunch. I use 6" drainage pipe too, but mine is only half that long and it occasionally clogs too.

CTmower
10-14-2012, 03:08 PM
This is solid plastic drainage pipe, not the flexible stuff. Theres no chance this stuff will flex or bend. IF you are having issues with clogging I would definitely recommend going wider.

WJC
10-14-2012, 03:42 PM
OK, I thought it was the flexible stuff. Yeah, I have thought of going to a larger diameter discharge hose but I might go with pvc since its smooth inside.

jrs.landscaping
10-15-2012, 08:18 PM

That rig is awesome.

wilsonsground
10-15-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm baffled by how this drainage pipe is not sagging, what was holding it striaght? Yeah, I bet it did clog a bunch. I use 6" drainage pipe too, but mine is only half that long and it occasionally clogs too.

buy the double wall drainage pipe not a single wall and its smooth on the inside and doesnt clog.

wilsonsground
10-15-2012, 09:36 PM
mine got on last week

WJC
10-16-2012, 07:56 PM
I'll have to see if I can find some double wall pipe, I didnt know there was such a thing.

wilsonsground
10-17-2012, 05:54 PM
yup. double wall pipe is the heavy stuff thats rigid on the outside and smooth on the inside. the stuff thats rigid on inside/outside is only single wall pipe, thats what my local concrete company told me when i went to buy my pipe. Lowes/Home Depot carry this stuff only up to 6". anything larger youll need to find else where, your best bet is calling around to a local concrete company

iamthehunter36
10-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

nickslawnltd
10-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Here is my leaf setup. Just setup this week for the first time on the dump trailer

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Here is my leaf setup. Just setup this week for the first time on the dump trailer

Looks good (After i rotated my Ipad to see it) lol
It should pay for it self! I love how we can just hit a switch to dump now!

nickslawnltd
10-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah couldn't figure out how to rotate the pic when I uploaded it from my iPad lol. First pic I've loaded here. I've had the dump trailer in the past but had to tarp them on. Used this the last couple of days and I'm very pleased. I was worried my leaf loader being only a 16hp wouldn't cut in wet matted leaves today put that worry to rest

Dykstra Services
10-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Dump trailer with little wonder vac system

Puddle of Oil
10-18-2012, 10:00 AM
How big is your billy goat D.S services?

russ and sons
10-18-2012, 11:17 AM
check your local irrigation/drainage company, thats where i got mine,
Russ

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Dump trailer with little wonder vac system

Have you ever thought about putting a bigger sign on that baby?!?!?!

Puddle of Oil- Thats not a Billy Goat.

Puddle of Oil
10-18-2012, 03:45 PM
The loader is a little wonder but I wanna know the hp of the BG push blower.

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-18-2012, 03:52 PM
The loader is a little wonder but I wanna know the hp of the BG push blower.

Gotcha... my apologies. I have one and its a 8HP and it kicks @$$...

Puddle of Oil
10-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Yea I've got a 9hp little wonder which is awesome but when you got a 3-4' tall pile things tend to slow down a lot. I'm hoping his BG is an 18hp cuz I wanna get one.