PDA

View Full Version : Which hedge trimmer?

mowinginva
10-16-2010, 09:56 PM
I need a hedge trimmer but will only be using it occasionally which makes me hesitant to spend much on one. What would you say would be the best lightweight trimmer at the cheapest price?

wild willy
10-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I use the hedge trimmer attachment for my line trimmer, absolutely a useful tool well worth the price.When I need it pop it on, very handy for shrubs and hedges...its paid for itself soo many times over in the past years!!!

mowinginva
10-18-2010, 03:25 PM
I use the hedge trimmer attachment for my line trimmer, absolutely a useful tool well worth the price.When I need it pop it on, very handy for shrubs and hedges...its paid for itself soo many times over in the past years!!!

That is an idea, thanks. Now, to find out if my Husqvarna 326LX can be used with one.

gasracer
10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
I know Lowes sales some that you can get several attachments for(Edger,hedge trimmer,string trimmer).
Both of mine are Kawasaki. One is standard and the other is 6ft with a articulating head. Neither of them were cheap but i use them a lot.

mowinginva
10-18-2010, 05:04 PM
I know Lowes sales some that you can get several attachments for(Edger,hedge trimmer,string trimmer).
Both of mine are Kawasaki. One is standard and the other is 6ft with a articulating head. Neither of them were cheap but i use them a lot.

Yea, we had a Stihl fs130 at one time and used it with multiple attachments - that was a powerhouse. Only have a Husqy 326LX now.

gasracer
10-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Yea, we had a Stihl fs130 at one time and used it with multiple attachments - that was a powerhouse. Only have a Husqy 326LX now.

I bought the 6ft. articulating ones a month or so ago. I had been wanting them all year and had to justify the $500. cost......

NarNar
10-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Stihl is well worth the money. The time saved from down-time due to mechanical problems, will justify the high prices. For our next trailer, we are going to transition to Stil... blower, weedwacker, and chainsaws.

Cutting 4eva 21
10-18-2010, 07:43 PM
You should try the stihl hs 45 they are lightweight and perfect for occasional uses...

nvc0117
10-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Get a 24inch Stihl HS45

NarNar
10-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Get a 24inch Stihl HS45

Thanks, I will keep your suggestion in mind.

mowinginva
10-19-2010, 10:47 AM
You should try the stihl hs 45 they are lightweight and perfect for occasional uses...

Maybe I will. I've seen them, but have this problem of usually wanting the "best".:) That was ok when I was part owner of a successful lawn care business, but, now, when most of what I will be doing is my own shrubs (occasional use), it's not wise to throw tons of money into one.

MarcSmith
10-19-2010, 11:11 AM
I have had wonderful luck with the echo units... even they handle abuse my guys dole out quite well.

NarNar
10-19-2010, 05:28 PM
I have to admit, the first echo weed eater died in 2 months, it just did not want to fire up. Home Depot was quick to replace it (I do love Home Depots return policy), but since then we have not had a single issue. Echo has worked for us, but as we build and acquire higher grade products... you CAN see the difference, but it also reflects in the price. I do like my Echo