PDA

View Full Version : The guy came back for my truck again

The Lighting Geek
10-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Ok, so here is the video of the guy casing my truck at 3:39 Am this morning. I apologize for the F bomb at the end, but I was pissed off. I have posted it everywhere to help catch this guy. Any help would be appreciated.

Fireguy97
10-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Ok, so here is the video of the guy casing my truck at 3:39 Am this morning.

You might be a lighting geek, but you're not a computer geek.

You forgot to include the video pointer. You posted it everywhere but here.

Mick

Prolightscaper
10-17-2010, 12:21 PM
This is probably more than just a simple theft. Somebody is probably trying to put you out of business or screw with you real bad. Just one of the pitfalls of being high profile. You get a little success and you can bet there will always be some jealous low-life pr**k looking to take it away from you.

Look at your enemies first- any past employees with a grudge, local competitors.

This is a personal attack.

Elegant Outdoor Lighting
10-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Maybe they just know you have the good stuff and want to take it... That video shows part of his face really good. I heard his car drive away. Is there any way you can put a camera near the street (like in a tree) to get license plates of those approaching your property?

Tommy, this sucks. These guys need to get CAUGHT!

Elegant Outdoor Lighting
10-17-2010, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmNmGa2zjJM&feature=player_embedded

nikster78
10-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Unbelievable. Certainly does seem like a personal attack. I agree with the others on checking out previous employees etc.

The Lighting Geek
10-17-2010, 04:12 PM
believe me we are looking at everyone. They know that your insurance will replace your radio and take that one too. The space for the radio was covered by a clipboard, that is why he is hanging out for so long. He is trying to figure out if I replaced my radio or not.

Pro-Scapes
10-17-2010, 08:01 PM
did I miss something ? F bomb ? Could it be he was checking out your flashy led lights on the dash? Usually if they are looking to steal tools they will go for the bed.

irrig8r
10-17-2010, 08:08 PM
I sure would be tempted with fantasies of how to booby-trap the area around the truck so as to either catch the guy or make him forget about ever coming back.... something connected to a motion sensor maybe... involving disabling pain but nothing lethal or permanent.... hmmmm....

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-17-2010, 08:29 PM
I recall a vehicle alarm that has a proximity sensor on it. I think it was call a Viper or something like that. If someone comes too close to the car and does not move along a signal voice asks them to leave the area, if they do not then the alarm sounds a few seconds later. It also senses if the vehicle is touched, moved, etc.

Or of course a big dog with a loud voice who lives in the truck could be the trick! :)

Prolightscaper
10-17-2010, 08:46 PM
and get protection like this

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3087205229826770439#

M&S_Lawncare
10-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Sounds like I heard a vehicle speed off after you yelled, maybe move the camera to get a better view of both the truck and maybe the get-a-way car...

ajslands
10-17-2010, 11:17 PM
I would have came up to where he ran out and had my shotgun ready. How'd you know to get up at 330 am?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Lighting Geek
10-18-2010, 08:00 AM
I would have came up to where he ran out and had my shotgun ready. How'd you know to get up at 330 am?
Posted via Mobile Device

When they got my truck last time, two weeks ago, I installed infrared, motion sensing cameras. The monitor beeps when activated. There are more now and neighbors up earlier in the AM.

I am meeting with the local TV station today, we will see where this goes, or where he will be going..lol.

The Lighting Geek
10-18-2010, 08:03 AM
I sure would be tempted with fantasies of how to booby-trap the area around the truck so as to either catch the guy or make him forget about ever coming back.... something connected to a motion sensor maybe... involving disabling pain but nothing lethal or permanent.... hmmmm....

My creativity has shifted to the dark side, trust me...LOL

Gr1ffin
10-18-2010, 08:20 AM
I can't believe how brazen (or dumb) they are to come back for the third time. Unreal. Hope you get them.

Couple comments:
-may not be inside job, "The Lighting Geek" name implies technology and "good stuff" may be inside. Couple that with the blinking lights and it could attract an independent thief. Do you recognize the guy? (he sure got in that car fast with-in 2 sec car was gone).

Tommy, you've got the right spirit and a great everyday positive attitude (meeting with the tv station)... turn lemons into lemonade!

Mark B
10-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Tommy you need to make a big hand like they have on the new jakeass 3 movie..
Posted via Mobile Device

ajslands
10-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Is that in a garage or carport or something?
Posted via Mobile Device

LoweJ82
10-19-2010, 12:11 AM
sit and wait with the gun, or be ready to turn the dog loose.

that sucks, good luck finding him.

techgeek
10-19-2010, 12:24 AM
i would get lo jack have them take the truck track them bastards down.

The Lighting Geek
10-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Just a follow up, I was able to get the story on the nightly news.

Man catches would be burglar in the act (ttp://www.kcra.com/video/25448861/detail.html)

capelawncare.com
10-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Get a pitt bull, and leave him in your car over night, with the windows rolled 3/4 of the way up.

irrig8r
10-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Just a follow up, I was able to get the story on the nightly news.

Man catches would be burglar in the act (http://www.kcra.com/video/25448861/detail.html)

You missed the "h" in "http" Tommy, so your link didn't work... but my edited version in the quoted portion above should.

irrig8r
10-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Get a pitt bull, and leave him in your car over night, with the windows rolled 3/4 of the way up.

Yeah... and don't mind if the seats get torn up regularly...

Prolightscaper
10-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Everybody should be watching every step that this guy makes and they should emulate him. He got 2 days of free exposure on local TV in 1 week.

Who here will ever get 1 day in a lifetime. The guy is a marketing genious and arguably the best landscape lighting pro that has ever lived. How can you not like a Tommy the Geek.

If I were 10 yrs younger I'd don military gear and give him a run for his money by calling myself the lighting general. Hard helmet and all.

I take my hat off to you my friend. Raise a glass.:drinkup: