PDA

View Full Version : Percentage of total bid for fert and chem?

PremierT&L
10-17-2010, 11:51 AM
What percentage(retail price) of a total maintenance contract for large contracts do you guys think for the turf program? Thanks.

Runner
10-17-2010, 02:52 PM
This is a totally unanswerable question. WAY too many variables.

Az Gardener
10-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't think its impossible but I have to confess its one I have not done. I have % for incidentals and I have % for dumping both of those have much more variables. I used historic data from about 2 years to get my averages. I would think calculating fertilizer for lawn mowing would be much easier both involve sq footage numbers.

Runner
10-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I guess what we would have to do, is put some solid variables on it first. get rid of the possibilities of what type of maintenance program it is, i.e. shrub and ornamental care, edging, bedwork, trees, flowers and care, irrigation, cleanups included/not included, etc.. Let's say flat out mow and blow. Now,...what size? there is prorating done on both sides of this equation with both lawn maintenance and lawn care. I CAN say this...let's take for instance, many standard residentials; a mowing season may go for 35-40/cut, x approx. 26 cuts for the season, which will fetch us right around 1000 bucks for the season, depending. Then, we take the fert. and weed control for that prop., and it would come in around $360 or so for the season (for standard program - no insecticides or fungicides). That gives us close to a 33% comparison. Now, mind you...this is turf only. This is without shrub trimming or anything, and making an even bigger difference, this is without bed spraying, insecticide aps for ornamentals, or any kind of feeding. Like I say,...there are just WAY too many variables to place any set number for a "ratio" on anything. Also, mind you, so many areas are so different than others in both formats.