PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Avenger weed killer?

dklank
10-17-2010, 05:20 PM
What would a gallon be able to treat in terms of sq. ft. assuming it's lower 4 to 1 ratio?

Any help would be appreciated.

ICT Bill
10-18-2010, 09:32 AM
What would a gallon be able to treat in terms of sq. ft. assuming it's lower 4 to 1 ratio?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have not used it personally but would be interested in others that have

JWTurfguy
10-19-2010, 01:03 PM
I've personally used it and it works great on shallow-rooted annuals. The product doesn't translocate through the plant, so anything with a deeper root system is going to be harder to kill (dandelions, etc). That being said, I have been successful killing dandelions, but I can see how in a lot of situations, you'd probably have to hit it twice.

As far as coverage goes, it all depends on how tall the weeds are. Since there's no translocation and the product only burns what it actually touches, you need to thoroughly soak the weeds, so you're probably not going to get the traditional thousand sq ft per gallon that you'd assume with a backpack sprayer.

One of the really great things about the product is that there's no real soil residual. The label tells you that you can replant 4 hours after application, so for late season renovations where you can't afford to wait 7-10 days on Roundup, it's not a bad way to go.

phasthound
10-19-2010, 05:15 PM
It's one of the products we provide. Contact me for more info.