PDA

View Full Version : How to fix interior lights of enclosed trailer?

jmo1112
10-17-2010, 07:25 PM
The lights inside my enclosed trailer have stopped working. Of course I changed the bulbs first, and that didn't do it. Not really sure what else could cause them to stop working, or where to start with the trouble shooting. Thanks for any help

MarcSmith
10-17-2010, 07:42 PM
usually light are a simple 12v system nothing fancy... sometimes powered off the trailers brake battery, but other times powered off the trucks parking light system. IE you won't have trailer lights unless you trucks lights are on...

most likely culprit will be a fuse hidden some where or a corroded wire...

Darryl G
10-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah, or a bad ground.

jmo1112
10-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Gotcha. Yeah I've tried with the truck lights on. Tried with the truck started, without it started, etc. Is there a fuse box in the trailer that I should check, or is it a fuse inside the truck?

knox gsl
10-18-2010, 12:22 AM
I would check the 7 pin plug, the lights usually run off the +12v of it and is very prone to corrossion. If not check for grond problems and corrossion at the light sockets. Also check you brake battery if that is dead then your not getting positive supply of power, even if everything else works.

h2oskier
10-18-2010, 01:32 AM
If that is your chevy truck in the picture check the fuse box under the hood of your truck the fuses for the trailer are up there.

Lawn & Order LLC
10-27-2010, 10:05 AM
The lights inside my enclosed trailer have stopped working. Of course I changed the bulbs first, and that didn't do it. Not really sure what else could cause them to stop working, or where to start with the trouble shooting. Thanks for any help

I just had the same issue with my enclosed trailer, this is what the problem is, and theres another one your gonna be shocked about.

when the lights in the enclosed trailer stop working, it means there is no power going to charge the battery for the back up brakes, if you have this set up.

when I looked at the fuse for the trailer charge circuit, in my truck, it was blown. so not only was my battery not getting charged for the run away brake controller the lights were not coming on. I changed the fuse, 20amp and the lights work and the battery is getting a charge.

I would have to say on a scale of 1-10, 9 its the trailer charger fuse in your truck, because everything else is working....