PDA

View Full Version : obtaining commercial accounts help

shelbymustang616
10-17-2010, 08:03 PM
I want to start branching into commercial landscaping. There are some simple big commercial mulch jobs like grochery stores etc. How do you guys aquire or who do you talk to about getting their business.

CALandscapes
10-17-2010, 10:55 PM
We cold call. Unfortunately, we don't have a very high success rate (although I doubt most companies do). It's a simple equation: the more you call the higher the chance you have...

NarNar
10-18-2010, 09:04 PM
You can also join local organizations, network, get to meet city professionals. Know who is where... be visible and active within your community. Most of the time, contracts are already signed before a RFP gets put out (Would not work if commercial HQ is out of state, but the local guy can recommend you... a warm call is better than a cold call).

AGLA
10-18-2010, 09:28 PM
You have to ask yourself why they hire who they hire and do you fit what they are after. These most often go to bigger companies, but not because they are better. More often than not, it is because they have the man power and equipment to get in and get out on everything that they do and they have a very wide range in capability(ie, plow snow, sweep parking lots, mow, trm shrubs, prune large trees, ..... and only be there for a few hours a week. They want to look at results while not looking at your guys working all of the time.

NarNar
10-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

shelbymustang616
10-20-2010, 09:42 PM
thanks guys good stuff to know