PDA

View Full Version : missing a round of your program because of weather

grassmasterswilson
10-18-2010, 01:06 PM
How do you guys deal with that. If you have 6 rounds and say one of your summer rounds you can't do because temperatures are 95+ and no rain in sight. Wouldn't matter if you had per app customers, but what about folks that pre pay? Just nature of the business? Do you just spot spray and risk the burn effect?

Just curious. I don't do apps all the time. I only have enough for about 2 or 3 days each round, but our summers have gotten crazy with very high temps and little rain. Messes up my schedule a lot of times to the point that I almost have to skip a round to get the others in.

RABBITMAN11
10-18-2010, 01:19 PM
This year we had a issue with weather here. We usually do a round of fert and weed control, but this year we used this round to help control crabgrass. It probably cost me more in material doing this. I would rather cleanyards up of crabgrass than put fert down that isn't going to do anything. Alot of days we had to quit by 10:30 am because of heat, but we finally finished up. Problem we are running into now is get aerations done. We had so many seeding jobs to do it really put us behind. We will probably finish the year two weeks behind schedule.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
10-18-2010, 02:15 PM
we were able to do them but only in the mornings for temperature reasons. some i did not do untill they had some water, but i dont but only spot treat then anyhow and had no issues except some poor control, but not burning

azjojo99
10-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Heat doesn't stop us from putting down fert. Spot spray weeds with a light mix, or this year used Celsius.

No fescue this far south, only warm season grasses

Pythium
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
I skipped about 15 prepaids for round 5 due to weather. I told them all about it and then issued a credit for next year. All have committed for next year and were happy with the integrity shown at not just trying to take their money.

Laner
10-18-2010, 08:03 PM
I tell the customer and offer to credit them for next year. All have agreed to the credit and ask for additional services. Great sales tool when you show that you care about their lawn and not just their money.

southernprecision
10-18-2010, 08:27 PM
All Warm season grass here too... Had to cut out the trimec early this year and found Celsius to be much better against the chamberbitter. We too, still fertilized each round but made sure each client got a call that evening and knew to water product in... btw saved a good bit in product costs by backpacking weeds though it did add to service times