PDA

View Full Version : Per Square Foot?

Bob Shoaff
08-16-2002, 12:49 PM
I was wondering how those here involved with installing brick pavers or cobblestone pavers as patios and walks charge for that....I am most interested in labor..I have heard some people charge for surface prep and installation on the labor on a sq. foot basis...I would be interested in hearing what others are charginging by this means as well as how others are doing it....
Thanks everyone!!

PAPS
08-16-2002, 06:52 PM
I charge per sq. ft and the range is anywhere from as low as $7.00 to as high as $18.00 a sq.ft. Price depends on several aspects of the job. Price is determined by several conditions such as, Paver choice, site/job difficulty, removal of existing patio/walk, labor difficulty, machine accessibilty, etc. Also, I offer price discounts as the total sq. ft of the job increases.

MJ LANDSCAPING
08-25-2002, 09:15 PM
anywhere from $8.00 to $18.00 depending on paver style difficulty of job. Or you can try stamped concrete as an addition to your services. Its the competion with brick pavers

Bob Shoaff
08-29-2002, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys...MJ.. What kind of equipment is there to stamp the concrete? I have seen stamped concrete and it looks nice and I can pour concrete so I imaging if I could find the right equipment and tools needed I could offer the stamped also... Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks...

RwADesigner
08-29-2002, 01:48 PM
hey bob...

wut prices do you normally charge for sqft of poured concrete..........i am trying to decide on concrete/stained concreted..or brick pavers..for a job...thanx

Oh...i usually charge $8-$15 sq ft for pavers

i figured my cost was about 5.5-6 bucks for standard walk.....

gus

Art Stubbs handy 58
09-01-2002, 10:18 PM
i just took a class to learn how to stamp concrete, class was easy, go to a local rental place to see if they offer a class, if not they should have the rubber stamps for rental, the class i took we learned how to stamp, stain and color , this is starting to be a very good market for this type of service. good luck ....

MJ LANDSCAPING
09-02-2002, 09:42 PM
hey Bob, we provide stamped concrete to our customers. If you can pour regular concrete then you got it made. all you need are the mats(5-15) of them, which you can rent from a local stamped concrete supplier(do a search in your area) After the concrete is poured you let it harden to the point where you cant push a finger far into the cement. You spread the color of choice onto the cement and begin with the mats. The mats are interlocking and once the 1st goes down the others follow. You can get away with some colors with just putting a release agent on the cement, instead of putting a color in the truck. Ater it is stamped, you let cure over night, come back the next day and power wash of the color to the desired shade. Let it dry, cut your expansion joints w/ concrete saw, power was again and after its dry then you apply the clear coat sealer. That brings out the color and looks great. Be warned that concrete is unforgiving. If it is not done right you may be back to jack-hammer it out. Good Luck. We do about 100k sq. ft a year give or take.

PAPS
09-02-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by MJ LANDSCAPING
hey Bob, we provide stamped concrete to our customers. If you can pour regular concrete then you got it made. all you need are the mats(5-15) of them, which you can rent from a local stamped concrete supplier(do a search in your area) After the concrete is poured you let it harden to the point where you cant push a finger far into the cement. You spread the color of choice onto the cement and begin with the mats. The mats are interlocking and once the 1st goes down the others follow. You can get away with some colors with just putting a release agent on the cement, instead of putting a color in the truck. Ater it is stamped, you let cure over night, come back the next day and power wash of the color to the desired shade. Let it dry, cut your expansion joints w/ concrete saw, power was again and after its dry then you apply the clear coat sealer. That brings out the color and looks great. Be warned that concrete is unforgiving. If it is not done right you may be back to jack-hammer it out. Good Luck. We do about 100k sq. ft a year give or take.

100K sq. ft a year, thats some serious sq. ft to install... you have a seperate crew that just does stamped concrete?

MJ LANDSCAPING
09-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Hey Paps yes we have a seperate crew that does stamped concrete (4 men run that crew) and (4 men that run my paver crew). We just got involved with cool deck around pools. See how that goes. We are a subcontractor for a large pool contactor. Aftre the pool is complete we do stamped or pavers for the homeowner. We are booked until late November for all work weather related of course. Next year I think we will need another stamped concrete crew though. Nice talking to you.