PDA

View Full Version : What rate are you spraying with your Z-spray

grassmasterswilson
10-19-2010, 03:18 PM
I've been spraying for about 4-5 years and building up a good app side to my business. As my clients grow I am trying to decide to go with more capacity or lower flow in order to be more efficient.

Right now I use prodiamine as my pre at .5 gallons per 1000 and when i do weed control i increase my speed so I can go a little further. Rates depend on who you ask and some hose guys say they won't go less that 1 gal/1000 and some boom guys say they go as low as .25 gallon/1000.

What is your flow rate on pre and/or post?

I asked Ray at z-spray about more capacity and it turns out they have a second 18 gallon tank that is interchangable with the hopper on my jr.

rcreech
10-19-2010, 05:04 PM
I've been spraying for about 4-5 years and building up a good app side to my business. As my clients grow I am trying to decide to go with more capacity or lower flow in order to be more efficient.

Right now I use prodiamine as my pre at .5 gallons per 1000 and when i do weed control i increase my speed so I can go a little further. Rates depend on who you ask and some hose guys say they won't go less that 1 gal/1000 and some boom guys say they go as low as .25 gallon/1000.

What is your flow rate on pre and/or post?

I asked Ray at z-spray about more capacity and it turns out they have a second 18 gallon tank that is interchangable with the hopper on my jr.

When running Pre's run higher gallons but when posting for broadleaves run as low as you feel comfortable.

I have been running 1/4 gallon/k since the beginning and love it! Water is your enemy and you can get a lot more done in a day when you don't have to fill all the time!

grassmasterswilson
10-19-2010, 05:08 PM
When running Pre's run higher gallons but when posting for broadleaves run as low as you feel comfortable.

I have been running 1/4 gallon/k since the beginning and love it! Water is your enemy and you can get a lot more done in a day when you don't have to fill all the time!

are you running 1/4 gallon all the time? I would assume you up your rate for pre?

rcreech
10-19-2010, 05:13 PM
are you running 1/4 gallon all the time? I would assume you up your rate for pre?

I run a granular pre. I always run 1/4 gallon on all post apps.

The reason you want to run more water with a pre is so you can get good coverage so you can get a good blanket coverage.

You may want to contact your supplier on the product you are using (and look at the label) but I wouldn't think you would want to go much under .5 to 1 gallon. More water the better with liquid.

I am actaully not a fan or liquid pre at all. Plus when I have checked it is usually cheaper to run a combo product with a fert carrier.

gregory
10-19-2010, 06:34 PM
i run 1/3 for herbicde and 1gal tips for other stuff....

grassman177
10-19-2010, 07:09 PM
i run 1/2 gal tips for everything, unless i have to run gal tips for like a fungicide. def go higher rate for pre than you do your post though

CHARLES CUE
10-19-2010, 08:15 PM
I have sprayed pre at a 1/2 gal per th and it worked fine. I bet you could do it with 1/4 gal per th. it's just like all pre you have to water it in or it don't work.

Charles Cue

humble1
10-19-2010, 08:40 PM
i run 1/3 gallon, i think at 1/4 gal you might miss some of the smaller weeds.

rcreech
10-20-2010, 07:02 AM
i run 1/3 gallon, i think at 1/4 gal you might miss some of the smaller weeds.

You would think so but you don't.

lawnrx
10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I run 1/3 gal and also use grandular for per. started that last year and it works great. just put in down heavy. and at full rate. .43%. i had no break throw last year with the rain that we had.

Grandview
10-22-2010, 02:09 AM
I run 5 gal/acre for broad leaf control. I have been doing that for 20 years. It really helps productivity. I can run my Z-Max all day and not fill once. I have never sprayed pre. I would think 5 gal/acre would still be better coverage than granular. There might be other issues with pre that I am not aware of.