PDA

View Full Version : Walkway estimate

Ocutter
08-16-2002, 02:13 PM
Just got back from a customers house. He wants a walkway put in from his driveway to the back patio. The conditions are: 1) an 8 ft drop between the two points. 2) soil isnt bad, easily workable. Wanted to get an idea on what you would charge for this. I plan to use EP henry brickstone (about $2.05/ s.f). The walkway itself would be 2.5' x 130'. The steps would be made of 6x6x8 unless theres a better way. Thanks in advance for your help.

PAPS
08-16-2002, 07:42 PM
i would use a nice block to make those steps rather than timbers... as for the walkway... why only 2.5' wide? thats rather narrow for a walkway... in any event i'd be about a minimum of $8.00 a sq. on that walkway saying its a absolute cake walk... and be as high as $15.00 if it looks like a nightmare of a job. as for the steps.... using a nice block with a cap (2.5' step)... figure about $100.00 a step maybe. But i'd increase that walkway to atleast 3' but would perfer 4'.

Ocutter
08-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Hey PAPS thanks for the info. I figured 2.5' because he sounded like he was toying with the idea and was just price shopping. I came close to you, the 315 s.f. job was priced @ 10.33 per s.f. Just wanted to 2x check. What kind of blocks would you use for the steps? Let me know th page # in the EP Henry catalog if you have it. Thanks.

PAPS
08-19-2002, 04:12 PM
I don't use EP Henry products because they are no readily available in my area yet, so I use a lot of Techo bloc Creta/mini creta to build steps. 10.33 a sq.ft sounds like a good number to me on that...