PDA

View Full Version : Opti-4 oil

HLC
08-16-2002, 06:40 PM
I posted this in another thread but didn't get a response so I'll post this new thread:

Pj,
I was under the impression (from reading many posts here on Lawnsite) that the synthetics shouldn't be used and would void your warranty if used before ~200hr break-in. I have the 25hp Kaw on my Z and 25hp Kohler on my Shortcut and am dying to switch but haven't reached that 200 hr mark. Help me out, what's the straight scoop?

HLC
08-26-2002, 09:14 PM
Anyone?........Anyone?............Bueller?.........Bueller?.............

duke
08-27-2002, 03:13 PM
opti is not synthetic

mowerconsultant
08-27-2002, 05:10 PM
Sorry for the delay in answering this thread/question.
I generally do not answer questions relating to oils in products we do not make i.e. engines pumps, wheel motors......
I have asked reps of these companies and had no straight answer.
I will look into this some more and see if I can get something more solid.
As Duke noted, Opti is not a synthetic oil.

Later
Pj

RichR
08-27-2002, 10:32 PM
A lot of my dealers sell Opti-4 oil
I would get it if you can.
It extends the warranty on your engine 2 years, if you use it.
If I can find the website I will link it to you here

Hope this helps
Pj

??? Im at a loss for direction. Whom extends the warranty of my Fastrack Honda 20hp engine? If i ever have a problem with it,
do i need to consult a Honda Corp. Rep? Or will Hustler take care of that for me?

What does Hustler warrant on my Fastrak? Everything but the
engine and hydro?

I'm ready to do my first oil change. I'd like to take advantage of
using Opti-4 oil for a 2 year extention of my engine. But if i cant get an afirmation in writting, what is the sense of using Opti-4 oil?

This is a pretty important aspect of any lawn mower. It would be nice to have this information "set in stone" to speak. It just seems odd that it's such a "I'm not really sure" deal.

PJ.......please let us Hustler owners know ASAP about this 2 year extended warranty issue.

Thanks for making such great mowers!

Rich in Michigan

mowerconsultant
08-27-2002, 11:56 PM
The extended 2 years of warranty (after your initial 2 from Honda) are covered by Opti.
It covers any parts that are lubed by Opti. (internal)

Hustler warranties the entire machine excluding only the engine.
We handle the hydro warranty if needed.

Hope this helps
Pj

mowerconsultant
08-28-2002, 12:00 AM
I want to make this 100% clear,
OPTI is a oil company and they are the only company that covers the extended warranty, they do this through the dealer you buy the oil from.

Later
Pj

65hoss
08-29-2002, 07:41 AM
I've been using Opti-4 for several years now. Here is the scoop. It only covers an add'l 2 year warrenty if you have used it from the beginning with a new motor. The dealer must put it in the 1st time and fill out the card and send in to Opti. Switching over or starting to use now will not cover you.

I thought at the beginning that Opti was synthetic also. Its not. But, from my experience its better. I switched temporarily but switched back to Opti. The Mobil 1 didn't compare. It is more expensive, but well worth it. Saved me a new motor once.

Do a search with Opti and my name, I posted a while back about Opti and I think I even typed in the Warrenty card info.

HLC
08-30-2002, 11:42 PM
Okay,
I stopped by my dealer today (not the Hustler dealer) and he stocks Opti-4. I get to talking to him about it and he basically talked me out of it. He said that he thought it was a good deal when he first started carrying it,however, he said that the dealings he has had with Opti-4 has caused him to loose faith in their "extended warranty." My impression from him was that they seem to have a way out of ever honoring their warranty.

mowerconsultant
08-31-2002, 01:16 AM
As I stated, I have many dealers who sell it, they believe in it also.
I have never heard of anyone having a problem with the company that makes it.

Later
Pj

RichR
08-31-2002, 11:26 AM
HI all, i talked to the company yesterday. I was told that if you put Opti oil in at 0 hours....or after the breakin, you will be covered. But if you dont do it at those times...they will not give extended warranty. There is a retailer in my town that did at one time have it....but not anymore....i will try to figure out why.
It may be because they are a smaller shop and just didnt have any volume for its sales to remain a distributor. I will give you all my findings asap. I have 18 hours on my Fastrak now, and need to do the first change.

65hoss
08-31-2002, 02:18 PM
I don't use it for the warrenty. I could really care less about the extra 2 yrs. I use it because the product is awesome. Its a long term maintenance issue for me. I want many many hours on my motors. Not many years of warrenty. That is why I use it.

lakeviewnw
10-17-2002, 07:16 PM
For those who would like more info on Opti-4, or any of the other products manufactured by Interlube, you can find them at:

www.opti2-4.com

Hope this helps all of you who have questions