PDA

View Full Version : Reading utility bed and normal pick up bed

jeffslawnservice
10-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I am looking into buying a truck but the only problem was that it has a 8 foot Reading utility service bed on it. The bed is in good condition and I am trying to figure out how much I could sell this bed for it i bought the truck and how much aa new or slightly used normal pickup eight foot bed would cost. Ive searched around and did not really come up with anything. Its just the bed that i would be selling not the truck. Just wondering if anyone would know what these are going for now a days.

Fordsuvparts
10-21-2010, 11:34 AM
The utility bed is worth about the same as a used bed will cost 750-1000 , check with companies in your area that install utility beds and they probably have a few take off beds that they would sell or trade to you for your bed.

Gravel Rat
10-21-2010, 02:25 PM
You just have to make sure the truck was a pickup with the box removed or a cab and chassis. A cab and chassis will not have the holes drilled in the frame for a pickup box depending on what make it is. If it is a Ford it would be as I explained.

Fordsuvparts
10-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Another thing to look out for is the fact that the frame rails are a different width on a cab an chassis versus a standard truck with the bed removed.

MHM
10-22-2010, 12:31 AM
If it's a work truck you may want to check the insurance cost before changing the bed.

mowerbrad
10-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Well new service bodies cost about $6000+. Used they really aren't worth that much. You would be lucky I'd think to get $1500 out of it. Usually they are worth a little more than what regular beds go for but only to the person who needs one.

They are tough to sell but if you find a buyer, all the better.

White Gardens
10-22-2010, 08:50 AM
If it's a cab and chassis, then I'd just e-bay the utility body and then just slap a flat-bed on it.

bugthug
10-22-2010, 02:28 PM
What kind of truck ?
Posted via Mobile Device