PDA

View Full Version : Leaf loader

Ben's Landscape
10-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Havent posted here in a while! :laugh:

I have an opertunity to buy a 8hp leaf loader. I am not sure if its something that will work ok or not. If i go slow with the leaves and just let the machine load and not jam the suction hose into a pile of leaves will i be ok?

I know that with wet leaves i wil have to go even slower if not use barrels and tarps. But for dry leaves wil it be ok?

I will be honest i really want a 16 hp one but its just not the buget this year and i really want a loader. I am planing on buying a new or newer 16 hp one next year.

Thanks in advace for all of the information.

bradseabridge
10-23-2010, 11:40 PM
agreed, I always wondered and was going to upgrade to a new 13hp motor on my giant vac, which has an older 8.8hp briggs on it. Now I think I will not, the 8.8 works just fine and I have only had it clog once when I used it the FIRST time, now I know what not to do and I suck up some HUGE piles with this thing.

Grass Shark
10-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Now I can really respect a company rep. that will give sales advice on a used machine like this, instead of giving him a sales pitch for a new 18hp loader. He gave a honest answer and some insite on how HP is a key to the sales of these machines, Thanks BG.:cool2:

Mr. Force was very helpful to me as well on my purchase of a used 13hp Billy Goat Loader. Never once tried to sell me on anything, just gave me honest answers.... give respect were it is due. When I buy new, I will buy Billy Goat!

T-Trim
10-27-2010, 09:36 PM
I know for a fact billy goat has my vote. Last year we purchased Billy Goat Force blowers. We just love them. Same hp as others, The aim and shoot is hands down the best. I would love to market your equiment. I can't believe people don't see the power in the equiment you guy's make and sell. Thanks again for making something that's easy to use and maintain.

stan the man
10-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Havent posted here in a while! :laugh:

I have an opertunity to buy a 8hp leaf loader. I am not sure if its something that will work ok or not. If i go slow with the leaves and just let the machine load and not jam the suction hose into a pile of leaves will i be ok?

I know that with wet leaves i wil have to go even slower if not use barrels and tarps. But for dry leaves wil it be ok?

I will be honest i really want a 16 hp one but its just not the buget this year and i really want a loader. I am planing on buying a new or newer 16 hp one next year.

Thanks in advace for all of the information.

if you are going to get one. get a big one in hp. with small hp is a waste your time

Ben's Landscape
10-28-2010, 11:41 AM
if you are going to get one. get a big one in hp. with small hp is a waste your time

I bought the loader (8hp) and as mr. force said its powerfull. Honestly i used it the other night to just throw around some piles of leaves, pine cones, pine needles and it did not clog up and did not bog down at all! I am happy with it this year and who know i may keep it a long time! just think of the amount of fuel you use with a big machine and i am doing it more economical with a smaller engine running. And since i am a solo landscaper and work by myself it will be fine its not like i am trying to keep 4 guys busy. JMO

stan the man
10-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I bought the loader (8hp) and as mr. force said its powerfull. Honestly i used it the other night to just throw around some piles of leaves, pine cones, pine needles and it did not clog up and did not bog down at all! I am happy with it this year and who know i may keep it a long time! just think of the amount of fuel you use with a big machine and i am doing it more economical with a smaller engine running. And since i am a solo landscaper and work by myself it will be fine its not like i am trying to keep 4 guys busy. JMO

just letting you know i have 8 hp just did do wet leaves good went to a 20 hp and leaves and grass it cuts them like piece of cake fast