PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Renovations

Rob Spread & Spray
08-17-2002, 09:22 AM
Is anyone selling lawn renos het? How do you know when the is gone past dormancy or still O.K. Has anyone ever seen a lawn come back from chinch bug damage? I sold $45,000 in renos when working for Lawnmark in 1995. A lot of it was chinch bug and grubs. $150 per thousand then with a guarantee only if they had a 5 app program the following year.:blob1:

LAWNGODFATHER
08-17-2002, 06:38 PM
Brown grass is a money maker.

$150 per a 1000, holy batman!!!

I have some scheduled for first week of September.

greensummer
08-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Rob,

those are amazing numbers, something I'll have to consider.

But never did I sell that amount with my former company......

great job!;)

TOP-NOTCHLAWNCARE
08-19-2002, 06:06 PM
I was just wondering what kind of lawn renovator you have?
I'm looking to buy one and I was wondering if you have a feed back on any peticular brand?

KirbysLawn
08-19-2002, 06:08 PM
What are they getting for $150 per 1000??:confused:

Rob Spread & Spray
08-19-2002, 07:15 PM
:blob2:

This job was done with a Ryan Slitseeder. Man we went through some serious blades that year. Remeber that was the price in 95. What did they get? At the time this was a hell of a lot cheaper than hiring a landscaper, with 2-3 guys fresh topsoil and straw. Slitseeder and one guy thats it. Seed in Sept. , do 2 apps and a full program the next year thats how it was guaranteed. The jobs all came out great and everyone was happy.

grassguy_
08-19-2002, 08:41 PM
Rob,
I did some of those slitseeds and I mean we busted butt. It was good money but there was some clean up from some lawns. I've still got my Lesco slitseeder which we use for touch up mostly, but starting to look like reno's might be an option if the weather doesn't start cooperating soon around here.
Dave

LAWNGODFATHER
08-19-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by TOP-NOTCHLAWNCARE
I was just wondering what kind of lawn renovator you have?
I'm looking to buy one and I was wondering if you have a feed back on any peticular brand?

Just read the other thread you posted in about Lesco vrs. Ryan.

dforbes
08-20-2002, 12:40 AM
Looks like a good year for renos in this area. Many lawns have recieved some damage. Its very hard to explain how to tell if its past dormancy. Does the grass still seem rooted. How big are the areas your looking at. What kind of grass is it. How long did it go without moisture. As a rule of thumb, bluegrass can live 4 to 6 weeks without water. Fescue can live 6 to 8 weeks. We do not guarantee seed jobs unless we install a sprinker system or they pay us to hand water. I've seen people pay good money for seed jobs then not put an ounce of water on it.
Dennis