PDA

View Full Version : post cards or door hangers?

hotrod1965
10-23-2010, 02:51 PM
What do you guys think? Mail post cards or do door hangers?

Cost is about the same, as I would have to pay someone to hang the door hangers and you have to pay postage.

What do you think is more effect?

addictedtolandscaping
10-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Though I haven;t done hangers, I think they would probably be more effective. People have to take them off the door, as opposed to having a post card caught in the junk mail and getting filed without a second glance.

hotrod1965
10-23-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm also thinking that it will have my truck driving around more as well, which tends to bring in some calls.

turf hokie
10-23-2010, 07:15 PM
I will let you know, my first ever direct mail piece is going out on the 3rd and 17th of November.

We have done door hangars, although you think you would be able to pre-qualify the neighborhoods you canvas you still end up with tire kickers.

So far the best advertising we have found is a nice clean sign on trucks, a yard sign on the job, butterfly around the house you are installing. Other than that our biggest source of new customers is from referrals.

David Gretzmier
10-23-2010, 09:41 PM
butterfly around the house?
don't understand, need more info on that one...

top 1% neighborhoods on doorhangers- if it ain't pizza coupons, you are going to get some negative calls along with the positive ones.

doorhangers to me, are for handyman services who hang walmart lights for 250-500 bucks on a million dollar home. I am not totally against them, however. we do put them out 2 doors away ( 8-12 homes total ) and across street from homes we are currently hanging that day with a "lighting up your neighborhood" with a handwritten address. those bring you phone calls and sometimes jobs. I still get negative calls from those anyway.

we just sent out 3000 6 x 11 cards and got about 10 calls over the last 2 days, and I set 5 appointments to do bids. I will probably close 2 of those. I expect to get a few more jobs off that one mailing over the next 2 weeks.

turf hokie
10-24-2010, 10:22 AM
butterfly around the house?

put them out 2 doors away ( 8-12 homes total ) and across street from homes we are currently hanging that day with a "lighting up your neighborhood" with a handwritten address. those bring you phone calls and sometimes jobs.

^^^^this is what we call butterflying the neighborhood. We also do it when we service the houses as well.

TheBetterDoorhanger
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi there - I don't want to intrude on your forum but I know one of the main things I hear from my customers trying to spread their word about their business is the desire to find a cost effective way to keep the POSTCARD in view of the customer... or even just keep it on the door until they get home if you are distributing DOOR HANGERS. Just wanted a moment of your time to tell you about our products that help keep your advertisement on the door and off the lawn. Our Band-It feature is specifically designed easily & securely attach your door hanger to EVERY door. The Stick-It feature even allows them to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost! We have a great start up special on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It products and even offer free design services if you mention this forum post!

5,000 only $349
2,500 only $199
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING, GROUND UPS SHIPPING & RUSH PROCESSING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

We can print 6x9 FULL COLOR post cards with Stick-It & POSTAGE for as low as $0.26 each.

SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!
www.AdeasPrinting.com
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com

hotrod1965
11-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi there - I don't want to intrude on your forum but I know one of the main things I hear from my customers trying to spread their word about their business is the desire to find a cost effective way to keep the POSTCARD in view of the customer... or even just keep it on the door until they get home if you are distributing DOOR HANGERS. Just wanted a moment of your time to tell you about our products that help keep your advertisement on the door and off the lawn. Our Band-It feature is specifically designed easily & securely attach your door hanger to EVERY door. The Stick-It feature even allows them to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost! We have a great start up special on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It products and even offer free design services if you mention this forum post!

5,000 only $349
2,500 only $199
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING, GROUND UPS SHIPPING & RUSH PROCESSING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

We can print 6x9 FULL COLOR post cards with Stick-It & POSTAGE for as low as $0.26 each.

SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!
www.AdeasPrinting.com
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com

This is exactly what I ordered. So far so good working with you guys...

Now just hurry up and print them :)

TheBetterDoorhanger
11-04-2010, 02:40 PM
This is exactly what I ordered. So far so good working with you guys...

Now just hurry up and print them :)

I'm glad to hear everything is going good with your orders ~ since you have approved both of your proofs they are moving through production and we will ship them out to you as soon as possible! Thanks so much for your business - Robin

hotrod1965
11-04-2010, 11:10 PM
You should just print mine next ..... That way I will get them sooner and can tell everyone how awesome your products are.........
Posted via Mobile Device