PDA

View Full Version : Tanaka Blowers

Green Industry Pro
10-23-2010, 11:07 PM
The commercial handheld market in my area has been dominated by Redmax, echo, Shindaiwa, and Stihl(in that order) for as long as I'v been alive and still is to this day. However, I am seeing some guys use different brands-Kawasaki, Honda, husqvarna etc... I have also noticed them using Tanaka backpack blowers (the tbl 7800 series). I am growing curious about Tanaka products, and especially their blowers. If you have any info about Tanaka or the "TBL 7800" series or any other "less popular" commercial brand, your input would be nice.

jmullins6987
11-27-2010, 10:28 AM
im a tanaka dealer and I sell the tanaka tbl-7800 by the dozens they have much more air output than the stihl br600 i sell as well. I dont think you can go wrong with the 7800 they currently have a $50 mail in rebate on them.

lawnpro724
11-30-2010, 04:33 PM
I have been using Tanaka's string trimmers for several years now and they are the best trimmers I have used and I have used a bunch over the years. Planning on purchasing their hedge trimmers this spring since nobody seems to make trimmers with anything bigger than a 21cc engine and Tanaka offers a 24cc engine. Tanaka advantages are easy starting, great balance, a true 2 stoke engine, lite weight and very reliable. I would guess their blowers would be just as good and I plan on buying Tanaka blowers when its time to upgrade my Echo blowers.

lifetree
12-01-2010, 12:26 AM
I'll be getting a new BP blower in a couple of months and plan to get the Echo PB-770T because of it's sheer power ... 765 CFM at the pipe compared to the Tanaka 7800 which has 655 CFM at the pipe !!

In other words, there might be a reason that Echo apparently dominates your market.

Turf Dawg
12-01-2010, 12:53 AM
I'll be getting a new BP blower in a couple of months and plan to get the Echo PB-770T because of it's sheer power ... 765 CFM at the pipe compared to the Tanaka 7800 which has 655 CFM at the pipe !!

In other words, there might be a reason that Echo apparently dominates your market.

I think it has to do with availability. You do not find many, if any, Tanaka and Maruyama dealers in my area.
Please do not judge blowers by the number in a book. I have a Echo 770 and really like it, but if you compare it to my Redmax 7001 [listed at 586 at the pipe, a 179cfm difference] it should be a night and day difference but is not. It does blow harder and moves more air but not what to me should be almost a 200 cfm difference.

Green Industry Pro
12-12-2010, 01:50 AM
I think it has to do with availability. You do not find many, if any, Tanaka and Maruyama dealers in my area.
Please do not judge blowers by the number in a book. I have a Echo 770 and really like it, but if you compare it to my Redmax 7001 [listed at 586 at the pipe, a 179cfm difference] it should be a night and day difference but is not. It does blow harder and moves more air but not what to me should be almost a 200 cfm difference.

A fellow Texan. Howdy partner lol. Yea, I dont think I have a Maruyama dealer in my area. I know I have a Tanaka dealer though.Thanks for everyone's posts. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Tanaka blowers are similar to Redmax and I'm going out on a limb to say they use the same engine? Am I correct?

----Zach GOD BLESS AMERICA

Turf Dawg
12-13-2010, 10:23 AM
A fellow Texan. Howdy partner lol. Yea, I dont think I have a Maruyama dealer in my area. I know I have a Tanaka dealer though.Thanks for everyone's posts. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Tanaka blowers are similar to Redmax and I'm going out on a limb to say they use the same engine? Am I correct?

----Zach GOD BLESS AMERICA

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Tanaka uses the their own engines in everything they make.
Husqvarna's two largest blowers or rebaged Redmax 7000 & 8000. Shindaiwa's old 630 was a Redmax 7001 and the newer Shindaiwa 633 is a Echo 755. Maruyama's big blower is a rebadged Kawasaki.

GordonCBP
03-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Tanaka Blowers are easy to start and have the 7yr Warranty! I would recommend over any other brand! Plus the mail in rebate!

ReddensLawnCare
03-17-2011, 10:49 AM
A 7 YEAR WARRANTY! Is that P&L

GordonCBP
03-17-2011, 11:00 AM
http://www.tanakapowerequipment.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TBL-7800

If you register the product under your name and as a homeowner (even if you use it occasionally for home use) you will get the 7yr warranty that covers the Parts and Labor! Great deal. Check with your local dealer for more information and rebates!

GordonCBP
03-17-2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.tanakapowerequipment.com/pdf/TBL_7800R_Field_Test.pdf

TTM42
03-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Had 2 Tanaka string trimmers, one regular one and one with the longer shaft, both of them were a p.o.s. Both of them are apart in the shop after lasting one season bearings worn out on both of them.