PDA

View Full Version : Location of Hazard Flasher on '84 F250

Woodman
01-27-2000, 04:03 PM
I've got a '84 Ford F250 and I went to turn on my 4 way flashers the other night and the lights came on but didn't flash.<p>Looks like there are 2 flasher units- 1 for the turn signals and another for the hazards based on my Haynes manual The turn signal unit is right on the fuse block - I already tried replacing it without success (the turn signals worked fine before & after). <p>I've looked a bit under the dash but can't see anything that even resembles the flasher unit. Any suggestions on where to look?<p>

Eric ELM
01-27-2000, 06:58 PM
I sold my 85 F 250 a little over 2 years ago, but I was thinking it was under the dash too. Keep looking until someone can give you an answer. Sorry my memory is so short. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/index.html&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

thelawnguy
01-28-2000, 01:18 PM
I sold my 85 F-350 eight years ago, but if I remember correctly it was in the harness near the steering column. Look up under the dash near the brake pedal and you will see it, sometimes its wrapped with a piece of tape to keep it from dropping down.<p>Bill

Woodman
01-31-2000, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions - Finally found it on the back side of the fuse block on Saturday when it was a little warmer.<p>Fired the truck up today to clear 9&quot; of snow and the fuel pump crapped out. Some days....<p>Thanks again for the help<p>Woodman