PDA

View Full Version : Late Season Burn out.

humble1
10-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Of course I do this to myself, but working mon-sat full days then paperwork on Sun I am feeling serious burn out... Wondering how many of you guys/gals are feeling the same. Basically I work April to the end of Nov so my season is shorter than other parts of the country, gotta bale hay while you can.

GunnPropertyServices
10-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Was it worth it? Money wise? I kinda wish i was that busy

grassman177
10-24-2010, 08:55 PM
we work march through end of november likewise, and i am burnt out like crazy too, i don NOT want to go back to work tomorrow. this is the first weekend i have had off since last winter. the meney is the only reason to do it right, but .......

CHARLES CUE
10-24-2010, 09:02 PM
I feel for you i have 2 business lawn care which keeps me busy all summer the other one is 12 months a year i am now 1 month behind on the check book for the 2nd business but i will catch up when the weather gets bad it's to nice to stay in side. Lawn care book work is all done.Hang in there nov is almost here.

Charles Cue

lawn king
10-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Late season burn out is just part of the lawn care gig!

rcreech
10-25-2010, 09:56 PM
What job doesn't have burn out? When you do the same thing it is a part of life.

I always get burnt out and then once we are done for a few weeks I start to miss it!

I am totally burnt out this season! Been a long year.

But looking foreword to next at the same time.

GravelyGuy
10-25-2010, 10:34 PM
It's not the work that wears me down, it's the customers. One day I will have weeded out everyone I can't stand and enjoy dealing with everyone. I'm currently at about 5% ha.

greendoctor
10-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Only way for me not to get burnt out working a 12 month season is to select clients very carefully and fire anyone who causes me undue stress right away.

Grandview
10-26-2010, 05:16 AM
I work 75-80 hour weeks April to November. I do not feel burn out like I use to.
I have hired 3 good part time people. One guy is doing a lot of my weekend work. I enjoy my winters off. I do not plow snow, just get ready for the next year. I also look at the big picture. If I do not get it all done, I still will have done enough. I make enough to support my family and they are happy with it.
I do run a very stream lined and efficient operation. Plus November through January I will spend a lot of time deer hunting. Also when weather is bad I do not have to go in just to punch a clock.