PDA

View Full Version : Making a football field faster?

mtnflyguy
10-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Hey everyone, I was contacted today by our local high school. They have a play off game this Friday and they want it to be a "faster field". Right now I have an inch of water sitting in some places. I am planning on applying Turface field and fairway to dry that up. I have a background in golf courses so I am familiar with our to make fields "faster" over a season of care. I am just wondering if anyone has any tricks on how to do it in a matter of days!?

Thanks!!

WenzelOSLLC
10-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Is it from rain? I'd make sure to put as little water on it as possible until the game and do something to dry it up. Turface is good we use the infield mix where I work and it sure dries everything up. I also use the Toro blower we have to push water off the grass and help dry things out.

Not too sure what would make a football field play faster other than a dry firm surface.

Goodluck

TNGrassCutter
10-26-2010, 04:51 PM
our football field was standing water in most places last year the week of homecoming and we top dressed with a LOT of sand, thats not going to make it faster but it will dry it out

cpel2004
10-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Do know what type of grass it is, however making a field faster by out standards in Florida is to cut it shorter. So you need to ask more questions. Its has nothing to do with water.