PDA

View Full Version : Help with designing something

the.hines
10-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Alright I have gone back and forth with ideas to myself but I just don't know how to do this too well right now.

This customer is looking for something kind of easy keep, no box type hedges but wants to add some color to the house.

Their back yard is a pool that they would like to get a "tropical Feel" to it... Hell I am hurting for ideas.

Any help would be great.

PerfectEarth
10-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I'd give you a bunch of ideas, but I'm a bit further north.

Pool area would be great with Sweet Bay Magnolias, juniper, roses and grasses... Crape Myrtle...

For the front, endless possibilities.

the.hines
10-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah i think that I have sold her on the Crape Myrtle because I thin I can transplant some to the back.

Front I am looking at Trellis w/ climbing roses in between windows

Florida Gardener
10-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Don't know how tropical you can get in GA, but I would def. use some kind of smaller canopy tree on the right side to soften the roof line and maybe a columnar tree on the left side.

RAlmaroad
10-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Hines: This is my specialty. It is NOT something that just can be said. It is got to work with the house, lawn type and existing structures like that pool. If you could draw out the lot with pool, house and drive; I would be glad to offer some suggestions. A beautiful landscape will not just happen and will look awful if done wrong.

the.hines
10-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Hines: This is my specialty. It is NOT something that just can be said. It is got to work with the house, lawn type and existing structures like that pool. If you could draw out the lot with pool, house and drive; I would be glad to offer some suggestions. A beautiful landscape will not just happen and will look awful if done wrong.

Well thanks, I am working on drawing something up on graph paper now. Wish there was a free program you could download and just put in what you want.

RAlmaroad
10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Just take it to Office Depot/Fed-EX Kinkos and they will scan it to a disk and then send it as an attachment.

the.hines
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
alright Thanks again