PDA

View Full Version : Fall Clean-Up

MICHPLOWER
10-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi I am rather new to the industry and was wondering do you guys ask for full amount up front for fall clean up/Deposit say 50% or total amount due when job is completed. Any help or input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

MICHPLOWER

punt66
10-26-2010, 02:54 PM
I bill out all services monthly. But i only service year round clients and not 1 time cleanups.

unit28
10-26-2010, 03:49 PM
I see a train wreck down the line.

Runner
10-26-2010, 06:24 PM
All fall cleanups that are not regular maintenance customers are cash and carry. They pay me the cash, and we carry the stuff away. In other words, the amount is paid at the time of service. I'm not in the business of outstanding debts for one time services. I made a deal with the gal at the bank... she won't do any leaf cleanups, and I won't loan any money...

Mowbizz
10-26-2010, 07:10 PM
For regular clients it's added to their monthly bill...for everyone else it's a check in the hand before leaving the property (when finished, of course)
If I get a wiseguy that won't pay after the job is done...just a simple matter of dumping the trailer load back in his driveway...that's never happened though...

yardguy28
10-26-2010, 07:27 PM
as already said regular clients are billed monthly after the work is completed. one time jobs for any service performed usually requires at least 50% up front.

RGM
10-26-2010, 07:41 PM
On most of my regular costumers I just bill as usually I collect that day and anyone else like new customers or cheapskates I ask for that day

BrunoT
10-27-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm curious how you handle one time customers who manage to not be home when you're there doing a cleanup? Do you require the check be left for you (and hence is paid before you start) or some other arrangement.

I hate big leaf jobs so much I would never do one before having money in hand for someone I didn't know well already. Because even if you dump the leaves in the driveway you still did all that work.

Mowbizz
10-27-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm curious how you handle one time customers who manage to not be home when you're there doing a cleanup? Do you require the check be left for you (and hence is paid before you start) or some other arrangement.

I hate big leaf jobs so much I would never do one before having money in hand for someone I didn't know well already. Because even if you dump the leaves in the driveway you still did all that work.

Usually, if no one is there during the cleanup I leave the bill in the door and tell them to mail it or call for me to pick it up. Some people do go to work during the day...