PDA

View Full Version : Leaves $$?

Andre's Lawn Care
10-26-2010, 06:10 PM
I see LCO that before they mow their clients lawns, blow the leaves off first, or have a bagger attached to their mower. For those who do this, do you charge extra? or just your usuall?

shovelracer
10-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Would you work for free?

adblackett
10-26-2010, 06:38 PM
If I'm already there mowing and the leaves aren't too excessive, I only upcharge about $10-$15 and mow over them. If grass is done for the season and I am only there to do leaf removal, I charge an average of $40, and always recommend 2 leaf removals. This time of year I add a recommendations spot on the bottom of the invoices. Hedge trimming, fallen branch and debris removal, and leaf removal. I don't spray anything for anyone, not something I know enough about. On my first recommendations invoice sent out this year I recommended 2 leaf removals, 1 hedge trimming, and fallen branch/debris removal. Customer sent the payment back and checked for me to perform all the recommended services. $$$

StihlBR600
10-26-2010, 07:32 PM
you only charge $40 for a fall cleanup? that doesnt seem right

turfed
10-26-2010, 07:38 PM
My fall clean-ups are done per man hour, with a dump fee. 35.00 /man hr. 25.00- 40.00 per dump. I have a 20hp Billy Goat Vac that is 1 man hr. All together, our clean-ups are between 85-140.00.

Using common sense, if there are lots of leaves, i charge for a clean-up and a mow. You can't work for free, if it was easy, customers would be doing it themselves. I can't see anyway that you can charge less than 30.00/ man hr, and make a profit. Just my opinion.

cheapcuts1
10-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Always up charge, more leaves more money .!!!

RGM
10-26-2010, 08:35 PM
it depends on the amount of leaves but I usually double the cut price as an average

scotts lawn care
10-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

scotts lawn care
10-26-2010, 09:43 PM
I wait til most of the leaves are down. Then charge 3-4 times the cost of a mow and trim. It takes a lot longer than mowing.
Posted via Mobile Device

adblackett
10-26-2010, 11:55 PM
My business has no debt or employees, route is tight and not much travel. I charge $40 on average because that's my hourly rate. 90% of the leaves go to the curb for the city to suck up. Dump fees if I do have to haul anything away is $8 cost to me, I charge $15 to the customer...

Don't be mad at the little guy because some of you are drowning in debt. If I can profit by charging $40 an hour I think that's pretty competitive. I walk with $35/hr in my pocket, more than my old postman job and I work for myself.

MnGreen
10-27-2010, 01:14 AM
My business has no debt or employees, route is tight and not much travel. I charge $40 on average because that's my hourly rate. 90% of the leaves go to the curb for the city to suck up. Dump fees if I do have to haul anything away is $8 cost to me, I charge $15 to the customer...

Don't be mad at the little guy because some of you are drowning in debt. If I can profit by charging $40 an hour I think that's pretty competitive. I walk with $35/hr in my pocket, more than my old postman job and I work for myself.

1 - hr ($40) clean ups are extremely small properties even blowing to the curb.
And the time to transport and dump along with fees are well beyond $15.
You lose $$$ every time you are doing that, should be a man hr minimum.
There is not anywhere near a $35 hr profit after costs, taxes, maint.

adblackett
10-27-2010, 01:32 AM
1 - hr ($40) clean ups are extremely small properties even blowing to the curb.
And the time to transport and dump along with fees are well beyond $15.
You lose $$$ every time you are doing that, should be a man hr minimum.
There is not anywhere near a $35 hr profit after costs, taxes, maint.
Posted via Mobile Device

adblackett
10-27-2010, 01:38 AM
For me its a time issue. $40 hr leaf blowing, mowing, or hedge trimming. Like I said 90% don't get hauled away. All are city lots. An hour is an hour to me if its mowin or blowin, doesn't make a difference to me. U should worry about your profits and let me worry about mine.
Posted via Mobile Device