PDA

View Full Version : To anyone who wants to buy a murray

lawnboy87
08-17-2002, 06:48 PM
My dad has a murray 22 inch mower with a briggs 6.0 HP motor. It also has FWD, and Electric Start. IT SUCKS. the FWD has no effect when the mower is tilted back, and nevertheless, it is slow. What do you think?:realmad:

Administrator
08-17-2002, 06:49 PM
Shouldnt this be in the homeowner forum?

That piece of equipment is not even close to a commerical unit.

kerr lawn
08-17-2002, 06:55 PM
waste of time, money, effort and it should be driven off a cliff

Bob Minney
08-17-2002, 07:03 PM
I'd quit :cry: :cry: :cry: or he will get you one of these to work with.

ProMo
08-17-2002, 07:07 PM
how do i post an mpg file ive got a 21" being blasted with an ak-47

vipermanz
08-17-2002, 07:21 PM
even though it's no where near a commercial brand , i thought manufacturer flame posts were not allowed:confused:

Rhett
08-17-2002, 10:09 PM
Heck, I have two trim mowers, one is a snapper high vac and the other is a 22 murray. The murray has a bunch and I do mean a bunch of hours on it and it still works. Not proud of it but that dang thing has made a bunch of money.

Albemarle Lawn
08-18-2002, 12:32 AM
So profitable, yet I gave mine a sledgehammer adjustment in my driveway one day when it wouldn't start.

The next week a chunk of shattered aluminum from the engine cut the sidewall on a brand new tire on my Bronco. :mad:

Alanky
08-18-2002, 02:56 AM
Promo Lawn

I have seen that video :D It has been awhile , but isnt it a red mower (cant remember brand name) with a yellow engine? If it is then thats the one I saw, and there is actually two vid's of it being blasted. One with the ak-47 and one with some other type of gun. The best part is that the mower is running ;)

Albemarle Lawn

I know how you feel! Its fustrating when you cant get something started isnt it? Really fustrating when it wont start and your working on it, but cant figure it out. I was messing with an old Crapsman trimmer that was that way, and my parents pulled in the driveway right as i had it over my head by the string head slamming the engine onto the driveway :D Hey it made me feel better! LOL

awm
08-18-2002, 03:08 AM
ithink u need to keep it cause they have little, used value. its just made to do a certain job,and sounds like it will do that.
imho it needs to be used by someone needing exercize, or what ever.
not much of a lco type machine imo.
but ive never owned one.do have a similar machine that i use to mow my dads grave . dont even know what make it is ,but a 4.5 briggs motor. perfect to thro in the truck for the 80 mile round trip
every 2 wks.

65hoss
08-18-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by lawnboy87
It also has FWD, and Electric Start. IT SUCKS. the FWD has no effect when the mower is tilted back,

What did you expect?

BermudaRectangle
11-14-2002, 02:09 PM
LOL!!!

But seriously, I think he means that FWD is ineffective when mowing up a slope!

But I would have to agree. I had a Sears Craftsman that gave up the ghost last year. It had RWD, and I had no trouble getting pulled up my steep front yard with it. My replacement mower has FWD (can't remember what the heck it is :confused: ) and it is pathetic when I'm pushing it up the hill. Might as well be a manual unit.

This is the case because when on an incline, the majority of the mower weight (engine, chassis, handle and controls) shift to the rear of the mower. So there is little if no downward force to keep the front wheels on the ground to perform their intended task. Plus, the tendency is to push down on the handle when pushing a mower uphill, also contributing to "lifting" the front wheels off the ground.

Darryl G
11-16-2002, 03:16 AM
There's a guy in my town who just started his business with a brand new Murray tractor with a bunch of implements. He does yard work with it at $30 hr. Guess I won't have to worry about him for long!

crawdad
11-16-2002, 07:11 AM
Yup, he'll be in business just long enough for people to think $30/hour is the price. Next year, there'll be two more to replace him.
Crawdad

IBGreen
11-17-2002, 11:27 PM
UHM, MURRAY?

The Lawn Boy Pro
05-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Bob Minney
I'd quit :cry: :cry: :cry: or he will get you one of these to work with.
I used to have the EXACT same Scotts Reel mower!!!!!!!