PDA

View Full Version : equipment gate on dump trailer ?

Guzzo856
10-27-2010, 01:30 PM
I want to get a dump trailer so i can haulmy skid steer, mulch, and my landscaping equpment all in one. if i get a dump trailer with a mesh gate on the back would i be able to dump mulch, and run my skid steer up it ? thanks

Barrett Landscaping
10-27-2010, 08:32 PM
many dump trailers have ramps that tuck into the trailer somewhere. they are like heavy duty equiptment ramps, not a mesh gate though.

4 seasons lawn&land
10-27-2010, 09:19 PM
mine has ramps too. The wheel barrow is the only thing I have the balls to drive up them.

knox gsl
10-27-2010, 09:34 PM
There are several companies that make landscape dump trailers. They have a gate that will let down like a normal trailer and then pin it at the top and it will swing like a dump truck gate. Check out Bri-Mar's website.

pitrack
11-01-2010, 01:15 AM
You might be fine with the ramps. I have a PJ and have loaded a mini skid in with no problem. You can always tilt the trailer up a bit so it's not a sharp drop off at the top of the ramps it's just a steady incline all the way to where you want to park the skid.

TurnerLawnService
11-08-2010, 12:58 PM
how big of a trailer are you looking for? We have a Anderson Goosneck dump trailer for sale its already got tie down just needs some ramps built, you could haul mulch and skid steer all at the same time. Its a true 16' by 8' by 4' inside