PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think

Gravel Rat
08-17-2002, 08:07 PM
Looking into getting certified to run excavator so I'am looking at this training school here in B.C. Canada that gives the course it costs 8 grand for 8 weeks. I don't know if its worth it or not maybe it might get me more work right now I don't have enough seat time for the contractors I work for to be put on a job with a machine by myself. If I take this course I'am certified and I can work on municipal jobs where sometime they require a certified operator.

It seems you need to get certified ticket to run any machines nowwadays and I don't don't know if its worth it maybe it will give me a edge.

I'am getting tired of being a grease monkey and a labourer I want to get some experience running excavator because in a year or two there will be lots of jobs out there when the old guys start retireing.

Bob Minney
08-17-2002, 08:12 PM
Any chance of getting a labor job with a co that wants to hire you when you get cert. , maybe with some tuition reimbursment?

Guido
08-28-2002, 06:04 AM
Are there any equip operators unions up that way that you may be able to get into for training for this certification?

$8K is a lot of money to put up, but if its neccessary, you may have no choice. Weigh out the extra money it could make you over a few years compared to the upfront cost and see what you come up with.