PDA

View Full Version : LEDS on larger evergreens.

meets1
10-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I have numerouse houses, farm buildings, commercial buildings over the years but I have never done an evergreen tree or any tree to speak off.

I measured one today - if I did this right - if not tell me. 20ft across, 30ft high - actually held a tape up that far. I wheelled around the tree and got 60ft. The people are looking at the 5mm LED lights.

Please tell me what I need to do to figure this one out. With my math I am getting an outragous number.

turf hokie
10-27-2010, 09:57 PM
You probably arent that far off with the mini light totals. It's gonna take a lot to do that size tree with minis. Something that size and we go right to the c-9's.

My experience says you will blow them out of the water with the price if using mini's.

Not knowing how you plan on wrapping the tree and without seeing the tree I am guessing you are coming up with somewhere in the 5-6,000 light range? or 100+ strands? That is where I would be, but we also would almost wrap each branch and not just go around the tree in circles with them.

meets1
10-27-2010, 10:04 PM
YEs, that is about where I am at. Even I was shocked with the total on my end. C-9's huh? I did look at those on the sheet but these people were so set on the mini that I just figured that but after the sticker shock there is no way these people will spend that on a two evergreen trees.

David Gretzmier
10-27-2010, 11:53 PM
the max that folks will usaully spend on a tree is in the 500 range, although I have had a few customers break 1000 for a true breathtaking tree.

someday I hope to have an 85 foot lift and be able to string a huge tree in 2 hours and get the cost down to do a few of them that makes folks stop in the road and stare.

when you start with a rental cost of over 1000 bucks just to get a 85 foot man lift delivered and picked up twice ( install and takedown) and 2 days rental, there are very, very few folks who will let you do a huge tree and make money off it.