PDA

View Full Version : intermediate z-spray question

fl-landscapes
10-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Just curious why the intermediate doesnt have an intermediate liquid capacity? It has the same 18 gal capacity of the jr and jr 36, I realize it has the larger hopper but why not an "intermediate" liquid capacity of say 30 gal? Its a huge jump from the 18 gal of all the units besides the 50 gal on the max. seems like it would make sense to have an in between.

gregory
10-28-2010, 07:45 PM
yea you would think they would of put bigger tanks on there. i called and asked if there was a biggert tank i could put on my jr36 they said no the 18 is the biggest they can squeeze in there unless you want the aux tank and lose your fert carrier or removing the hopper. i would love to have a 30gal tank on my 36jr. dont know if anyboy makes one in the same shape as the one thats on there now..........

you want to take my jr for a spin let me know........

grassman177
10-28-2010, 08:33 PM
That is why they have the "options". we have two aux tanks on the back and it has much more potential then.

they offer them as a standard, but really all of them are customizable.

rcreech
10-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Never thought of that...but good point. I am sure LT Rich wants to keep it simple as far as parts and design. Makes since to me that they do that.

But if you really think about it...the tank capacity matches the hopper capacity pretty good. If you had a larger tank you would run out of fert and still have about 12 gallon left!

Really the only difference between the Jr and Int is the hopper size and tires.

If you want more capacity I would recommend adding 1 or 2 of the 7 gallon auxillary tanks on the back.

Keeps your center of gravity low and gets you some extra sq ft! :)

rcreech
10-28-2010, 08:36 PM
That is why they have the "options". we have two aux tanks on the back and it has much more potential then.

they offer them as a standard, but really all of them are customizable.

We posted at the same time.

Great minds must think alike! :laugh:

Service 1st Lawn Care
10-28-2010, 09:05 PM
I have an intermediate with one Aux tank, and the other side I have a blower holder which I made. No more trips back to the truck for the blower.:clapping:

americanlawn
10-28-2010, 09:36 PM
We are now seeing fewer "ruts" in lawns around here cuz folks have gone to T3000 units instead of "tractor-style" spreader/sprayers.

Yet even the T offers aux tanks, but we don't see the need for more tanks. If you can't spray 50,000 square feet per tankload, there's something wrong. Heck, the T also offers a boom set-up, yet we seldom use it either. All these "add ons" sound good on paper, but.......come down to the reality of everyday use. Don't care what brand. Both T's & Z's are good.

I'm with RC -- just keep it simple, cuz you won't go wrong. Don't be afraid of filling your tanks once in a while. My 2 cents

Steering with one hand, americanlawn. T-Man :usflag::canadaflag:

ted putnam
10-28-2010, 09:48 PM
We are now seeing fewer "ruts" in lawns around here cuz folks have gone to T3000 units instead of "tractor-style" spreader/sprayers.

Yet even the T offers aux tanks, but we don't see the need for more tanks. If you can't spray 50,000 square feet per tankload, there's something wrong. Heck, the T also offers a boom set-up, yet we seldom use it either. All these "add ons" sound good on paper, but.......come down to the reality of everyday use. Don't care what brand. Both T's & Z's are good.

I'm with RC -- just keep it simple, cuz you won't go wrong. Don't be afraid of filling your tanks once in a while. My 2 cents

Steering with one hand, americanlawn. T-Man :usflag::canadaflag:

Someone flipped the switch on the "propoganda machine " again...:hammerhead:

RABBITMAN11
10-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Someone flipped the switch on the "propoganda machine " again...:hammerhead:

love it!!!!!!!

fl-landscapes
10-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Never thought of that...but good point. I am sure LT Rich wants to keep it simple as far as parts and design. Makes since to me that they do that.

But if you really think about it...the tank capacity matches the hopper capacity pretty good. If you had a larger tank you would run out of fert and still have about 12 gallon left!

Really the only difference between the Jr and Int is the hopper size and tires.

If you want more capacity I would recommend adding 1 or 2 of the 7 gallon auxillary tanks on the back.

Keeps your center of gravity low and gets you some extra sq ft! :)

I am sure parts production and ease of assembly line type production is the reason. Tank matching hopper size is kinda why I asked. The intermediate can have the same size hopper as the max but limited to the liquid capacity of the JR, you make a good point though about adding the optional 7 gal. tanks to match spread and spray capabilities on the intermediate. Guess thats the answer, and a logical one.

Ric
10-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Not having a Z sprayer I can only ask this question. WHAT ABOUT THE DROP IN TANK THAT FITS THE FERTILIZER HOPPER???? My home made Ric-A-Green never Sprays and Spreads at the same time. So when you are spraying, Add the Tank in the granular hopper.

fl-landscapes
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Not having a Z sprayer I can only ask this question. WHAT ABOUT THE DROP IN TANK THAT FITS THE FERTILIZER HOPPER???? My home made Ric-A-Green never Sprays and Spreads at the same time. So when you are spraying, Add the Tank in the granular hopper.

there are all kinds of ad ons to make the intermediate an intermediate when it comes to liquid capacity, Im just wondering why the intermediate doesnt come standard with an intermediate liquid capacity. But yes the tank drop or the extra 7 gal units would serve this purpose.

ted putnam
10-29-2010, 07:31 PM

Ric, There is a bracket inside the hopper that holds a hydraulic motor with a shaft that points down and turns the spinner plate. The bracket is about halfway down the depth of the hopper and it spans the width. I have a 12 gal square tank that would probably work but I don't think it would be steady unless mounted to it's own bracket that slid in and out of the hopper. Hmmmm.....Got me to thinking. I have a Jr. with the Intermediate hopper. I think I may have found another project for us this winter.

Ric
10-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Ric, There is a bracket inside the hopper that holds a hydraulic motor with a shaft that points down and turns the spinner plate. The bracket is about halfway down the depth of the hopper and it spans the width. I have a 12 gal square tank that would probably work but I don't think it would be steady unless mounted to it's own bracket that slid in and out of the hopper. Hmmmm.....Got me to thinking. I have a Jr. with the Intermediate hopper. I think I may have found another project for us this winter.

Ted

I forgot what a Quality Equipment Z sprayer is compared to some other junk on the market. The Spyker Spearder is the best but the Motor is inside the hopper.

gregory
10-31-2010, 08:41 AM
ric, yes the motor is inside the hopper. its a hyd driven motor has 2 hyd lines running to it thr the hopper.it is painted with some kind of paint that keeps it from having problems.mine looks like new but i wash it down after every use and spray it down with wd 40 so the machine looks new still...

Ric
10-31-2010, 11:55 AM
ric, yes the motor is inside the hopper. its a hyd driven motor has 2 hyd lines running to it thr the hopper.it is painted with some kind of paint that keeps it from having problems.mine looks like new but i wash it down after every use and spray it down with wd 40 so the machine looks new still...

gregory

Keep it bright and shined because Fl Landscape and myself want to come down to your house and Play with your Z sprayer. Heck we will even let you supply the Beer and Steaks.

gregory
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
gregory

Keep it bright and shined because Fl Landscape and myself want to come down to your house and Play with your Z sprayer. Heck we will even let you supply the Beer and Steaks.

let me know when and i will be ready for you anytime.........