PDA

View Full Version : GIE + Expo 2010 !!

lifetree
10-30-2010, 01:11 PM
I got back from Louisville last night and saw some interesting things, as follows ...

1.) Bad Boy has a new feature, they're calling it iGuide Robot, that is apparently a computer system that can be programmed to follow your path based on input of GPS coordinates the first time you mow a property ... and after that the robot guided Bad Boy mower will mow the property without an operator while you're off doing some other work.

At first glance it seems like a nice thing, however, my concern would be someone, or something, coming up on the mower from behind or from the sides and getting hurt ... they said if something is in front then the mower will stop and send a message to your iPad for you to come check it. May be just me, but i'm not sure I would want the potential for that kind of liability to leave a commercial machine running on it's own like that without human input or supervision.

2.) Jungle Jim's has a new 1 wheel sulky that will simply lift up and lock in place with placement of one pin ... I ordered one of these, they'll start production of them in about 4 weeks ... at the show they had the only demo unit available.

3.) Even though Ariens has announced that they are dis-continuing both the EverRide and Great Dane brands ... those machines are simply being re-branded and folded into the Gravely line of mowers ... for examply the EverRide Hornet ZTR will now be the Gravely Pro-Ride mower and painted red instead of yellow.

Lot's of nice and interesting stuff ... too much to mention here ... it's the first time I've been to GIE and I'm glad I went.

Have a good weekend.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Tree...so its worth going?

I need to get there some year. Where would you suggest staying - any hotels within walking distance?

Maybe 2011:)

JB1
10-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Tree...so its worth going?

I need to get there some year. Where would you suggest staying - any hotels within walking distance?

Maybe 2011:)

if you have never been its a good show to go to, lots to see, there is hotels all around the perimeter of the property and most have shuttles that run back and forth.

lifetree
10-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Tree ... so its worth going ? ...

if you have never been its a good show to go to ...

Yes, as JB1 said, it's definately worth going to !!

... there is hotels all around the perimeter of the property and most have shuttles that run back and forth.

Oh yeah, hotels are the least of your problems !! Concerning the shuttles, I just drove and parked at the Exposition Center, it was only $ 8.00 per day.

Richard Martin
10-30-2010, 05:14 PM
2.) Jungle Jim's has a new 1 wheel sulky that will simply lift up and lock in place with placement of one pin ...

Is this similar to the Velke one wheel unit that locks in place with one clip? Pics?

rwaters
10-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Bad Boy has a new feature, they're calling it iGuide Robot, that is apparently a computer system that can be programmed to follow your path based on input of GPS coordinates the first time you mow a property ... and after that the robot guided Bad Boy mower will mow the property without an operator while you're off doing some other work.

They had that same system last year on a Dixie Chopper. I think some of your worries are why nobody has produced this on a mass scale. Plus another problem is you have to park it in the Exact same spot and run the program to mow the grass. But I think you can put that system on any mower

lifetree
10-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Is this similar to the Velke one wheel unit that locks in place with one clip ? ...

It sounds like it !! No pictures available, it's not even in their 2011 catalog.

bel-nor
10-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Did John Deere display a new 21" commercial push mower, engine, prices/comparison?

Tennesseepowerstroke
10-31-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't know if it was displayed but John Deere has a new 21" commercial mower.

lifetree
11-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Did John Deere display a new 21" commercial push mower, engine, prices/comparison ?

I don't know if it was displayed but John Deere has a new 21" commercial mower.

It looks like this question has already been answered... also, I didn't really pay too much attention to the JD area because alot of their stuff is simply private labeled from other OEM's ... for example, the JD brush cutter is really the Billy Goat brush cutter, etc.

Lizard
11-02-2010, 03:09 PM
GIE was very cool this year. Did anyone stop at Cutting Edge Poly's booth? They had a poly edger blade. I bought some from them and tried it out. This stuff is sweet. I just wondered if anyone else has tried it out. Look them up at cttingedgepoly.com to see what I'm talking about.
I also loved the Dodge 4500 and 5500. Nice to see Dodge in the heavy game with F and GM