PDA

View Full Version : Toro Grandstand and Zero Turn Feedback Needed

chathamyardworkz
10-30-2010, 09:41 PM
I am shopping for equipment for the 2011 season and am taking a serious look at Toro. The two pieces I am interested in are the Grandstand 18HP Kawasaki 36" Deck and the Z500 Zero Turn 27 HP Kohler w/72" Deck.

My main question is regarding the 'acres per hour' rating supplied by Toro. The Grandstand is rated at 2.9 acres/hour and the Z500 is rated at 6.2 acres/hour. I realize that these ratings are in ideal cutting conditions and are likely unrealistic under normal conditions. I'd like feedback from others who have used these machines (or other Toro machines). What kind of acres/hour numbers have you normally experienced?

SNAPPER MAN
10-30-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't have a 72 but I have the baby version of that mower. We have a 48" z400 and it is an excellent machine. I don't know exact numbers but it is a very productive machine. I am only buying toro from now on so if I was you I wouldn't think twice.
Posted via Mobile Device

chathamyardworkz
10-30-2010, 11:12 PM
The machine you have is rated by Toro to cut 4.1 acres per hour. Is that even close to what you would get out of it? Just a ballpark is all I am looking for.

Thanks as well for the hearty recommendation. The longer I look the more I am convinced that Toro is the way to go.

SNAPPER MAN
10-31-2010, 10:50 AM
I honestly don't know because I never use it to cut big fields. We mainly use it on larger residentials and mediums on a hoa we maintain. I'm also considering a 72 in a year or two but I'm scared it might scalp really bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

gasracer
10-31-2010, 04:50 PM
It is hard to use anything bigger than a 48" or 52" on smaller lots. I have a 52" Z400 that I had had for 3 years with almost 400 hours on it.I have the Vac/Bagger that I use on it regular. The only issue I have with the Grandstander that I demoed is the platform is so far back with my weight it made the front end light.

yardguy28
10-31-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't have a 72 but I have the baby version of that mower. We have a 48" z400 and it is an excellent machine. I don't know exact numbers but it is a very productive machine. I am only buying toro from now on so if I was you I wouldn't think twice.
Posted via Mobile Device

theres gonna be a blizzard tomorrow snapper man.

something we both agree on........:dizzy:

SNAPPER MAN
10-31-2010, 06:55 PM
theres gonna be a blizzard tomorrow snapper man.

something we both agree on........:dizzy:

Hahahaha ya. I have scag, exmark, wright, and toro and the toro has the best cut and price point.
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
10-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Hahahaha ya. I have scag, exmark, wright, and toro and the toro has the best cut and price point.
Posted via Mobile Device

you won't find me arguing there...........