PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a trimmer

cutting image
10-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Does anyone have any experience with a Kawasaki KTFR27A String Trimmer any pros and con. Looks like a nice trimmer for the price also looking at a echo 225

gasracer
10-31-2010, 04:44 PM
I looked at my dealers website and see that model is a little cheaper and maybe a mid grade machine.I have a KGT27A that I have used heavy for 3 years.

TNGrassCutter
10-31-2010, 04:45 PM
i have the srm 225 and i like it, it doesnt start as well as their pb 500t blower but it has pretty good power and light. no problems with it though i would recommend

bel-nor
10-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Do yourself a favor and get a srm230 (straight shaft) the power is great, and Dealers as well as HD box stores carry them at the same price. The best part is HD has all the extra sevice parts 7 days a week. I have two bought one last year and a extra one this year. They start easy and restart with no problem if you need to stop to talk to a customer or hand out a business card. I wouldn't be to quick to trade them for anything else. Most Echo equipment run the same plugs, again at the box store also.

gasracer
10-31-2010, 10:23 PM
I am sorry but if you are going to use them commercial I wouldn't buy anything from HD or Lowes other than a shovel.

MR-G
11-01-2010, 07:30 AM
I am sorry but if you are going to use them commercial I wouldn't buy anything from HD or Lowes other than a shovel. wrong!! we use echo from hd all the time...they are fine trimmers..run them hard for about a year without any problems....then sell for half of cost and buy new....

gasracer
11-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I'll still stick to my true commercial grade equipment,it holds up a lot longer.
Like I have said before about 99% of all Lowes and Home Depot Lawn equipment is made by MTD. It is not made for everyday commercial use. Some of there JD stuff they sale for Tri Green.
I'm not here to argue with you I am just stating my opinion.

bobcat48
11-01-2010, 06:39 PM
i have the srm 225 and i like it, it doesnt start as well as their pb 500t blower but it has pretty good power and light. no problems with it though i would recommend

Yepp i agree have it,and love it.have the 500 too but mine is the hip not throttle.

rogerdodger
11-01-2010, 07:35 PM
does anyone have any experience with a kawasaki ktfr27a string trimmer any pros and con. Looks like a nice trimmer for the price also looking at a echo 225

i had a kgt27a for 3 yrs com use that i loved. It was stolen
so i bought the ktfr27 cable drive. Dont like the cable drive. It is a good trimmer. It is really cold natured tho. Not like the kgt. First or second pull and ready to.

I saw a tanaka tcg 22 advertized really cheap and very light. Took a chance and i love this little light trimmer. Starts first or second pull and ready to go. A lot of power in a small light package.

exmark user
12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
You cant go wrong with stihl its what i use ang always will and like gasracer said i would never buy anything from lowes or homedepot other than a shovel

Chevy z71
12-09-2010, 04:43 PM
I have the ktf27a and its allsome.

944own
12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I dont understand you guys with your argument about big box stores if they sell the exact same item at the exact same price as your small dealer you love soo much what is the difference in the item itself. I buy all my stihl equipment at ace hardware does that make my br600 any less of a br600 than if I bought it at Joe's stihl dealer.

knox gsl
12-11-2010, 10:20 PM
I dont understand you guys with your argument about big box stores if they sell the exact same item at the exact same price as your small dealer you love soo much what is the difference in the item itself. I buy all my stihl equipment at ace hardware does that make my br600 any less of a br600 than if I bought it at Joe's stihl dealer.

Joe is able to repair the stuff he sells and can give you detailed knowledge of the product. Ask someone in an orange apron anything other than thier name and you'll most likely get a wrong answer.

944own
12-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Joe is able to repair the stuff he sells and can give you detailed knowledge of the product. Ask someone in an orange apron anything other than thier name and you'll most likely get a wrong answer.

can you not take your equipment from the the box store and take it to joe for warranty work and the ace i get my stihl stuff from has a stihl mechanic at the store and they do warranty work there at ace in the shop.

knox gsl
12-11-2010, 11:16 PM
can you not take your equipment from the the box store and take it to joe for warranty work and the ace i get my stihl stuff from has a stihl mechanic at the store and they do warranty work there at ace in the shop.

You sure can but you'll wait longer and not everything may be covered under warrenty doing it that way. I think that you should be buying it from Joe if you want him to help you out on warrenty.

8rickyj
12-12-2010, 08:46 PM
I use the Sthil FS110. Around here they go for about $280. I dont plan on changing brands. When I first started I made the mistake buying trimmers from Home Depot. I found it cheaper in the long run to spend the money for a good commercial.

944own
12-12-2010, 08:53 PM
I use the Sthil FS110. Around here they go for about $280. I dont plan on changing brands. When I first started I made the mistake buying trimmers from Home Depot. I found it cheaper in the long run to spend the money for a good commercial.

I currently use a fs110 also bought at ace hardware it is a great trimmer and that was my point I dont know where you bought yours but the ace I got mine at services them also so what is the difference I understand home depot does not service stuff and I hate echo anyway but I would have no prob buying at home depot if I wanted echo and taking it somewhere else for warranty work. example I bought a lawnboy at home depot early this spring and can take it to a local dealer here in town for service I have not had to but I called the local place and they said no prob bring it in if you have any problems.

8rickyj
12-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I like Ace Hardware too. My home depot doesnt carry anything like the FS110.
I guess all that matter is the quality of the equipment and the quality of service. The Ace here sells them for $350 though.